Friday 24th June
Collingwood v Fremantle MCG (n)

Saturday 25th June
Richmond v Brisbane MCG
GWS v Carlton SPO (t)
St.Kilda v Geelong ES (n)

Sunday 26th June
Hawthorn v Gold Coast AU

Bye; Essendon, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Sydney, West Coast & Western Bulldogs.
Last edited by Spargo on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5557 times
Been liked: 5186 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Round 14's POSTIFEROUS LOGORRHOEA

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:35 pm

WTF sounds like verbal diarrhoea
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby marbles » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:24 pm

bacterial talkativeness?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby GWW » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:54 am

Weather forecast for Crows/North game could make it quite interesting.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:48 am

Pistorius has Gonorrhea???
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 1834 times

Postby Fricky » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:21 am

GWW wrote:Weather forecast for Crows/North game could make it quite interesting.

It's going to be a tough game for the lads

Thu 23 Jun Adelaide Metropolitan
Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Heavy falls possible, more likely about the hills. Winds northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h increasing to 35 to 45 km/h in the middle of the day then tending westerly 25 to 40 km/h in the late afternoon.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:30 am

GWW wrote:Weather forecast for Crows/North game could make it quite interesting.

I hope it's torrential.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:32 am

Spargo wrote:

I hope it's torrential.

Snow, and lots of it would be fitting.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1285 times
Been liked: 3498 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:38 am

Postiferous or pestiferous?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7532 times
Been liked: 10839 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:50 am

Booney wrote:Postiferous or pestiferous?

It was late & I'd had a couple of stouts...

Spargo
Coach

Re: Round 14's PESTIFEROUS LOGORRHOEA

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:57 am

I can't excuse or palliate this error.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:33 pm

:-s
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:36 am

We’ve pontificated about the top 8 being set since about round 6 and we can safely say on the back or Port Adelaide’s wretched performance in Perth last week that the 8 teams currently in the 8 can start working towards a late start to preseason 2017 and the 10 scrubbers outside are making up the numbers. They can now spend the next 10 weeks fart arsing around with their line ups in preparation for 2017.

Bit puzzled by the bye rounds, the Kangas off a 6 day break travel to play a rested up Adelaide while a rested up Carlton travel to the 6 day break GWS. Surely this time of year should be three weeks of teams who are all on the same schedule, ie have just had the bye or are about to. Some Canadian boffin could get his spread sheet to make it work, surely?

TNF –

Adelaide v North Melbourne –

The Crowies had the week off after steam rolling the Eagles late in Perth and the Kangaroos tried their best to beat up on the Hawks, they managed to do so for a while but ultimately early chances blown meant it was opportunity lost. The presser afterwards was interesting though. Brad Scott claimed the moon landing was faked, Kennedy and Elvis live together in Mexico and Caitlyn Jenner is indeed a woman. All of it because someone told him so and he believed them.

Adelaide taking all before them at the moment, winning home and away and only slipping up to the top sides. North were a top side, they’ve taken a couple of hits of late, they dished out a couple of hits last week too but forgot to finish in front of goal and the Hawks will have you if you do that. Goldstein has been a little down on output since the loss to Geelong a couple of weeks back, he might not be 100%. With wet weather forecast in Adelaide for Thursday night we can expect lots of stoppages and the battle between Jacobs and Goldstein will be important. The Kangas need Goldy to lift. Interesting match up here with both sides pretty similar in contested ball numbers, will be lots of it in the wet. Sloane would be in the change rooms warming up now, this one will suit him down to the ground. The loss of Wells for North is big, the inclusion of Swallow and Cunnington important on a night that is set to be wet and wild.

Adelaide with 4 wins on the trot, the Kangas on a 6 day break travelling with a few players either under a cloud or in doubt. All points to an Adelaide win, but I do expect the Kangas to show something here. Adelaide by 16 points ( Adelaide $1.33 Roos $3.45 )

FNF -

Collingwood v Fremantle –

Was a weekend off for the Magpies last weekend, a blessing in light of the form they’ve shown in the weeks leading up to it. 3 wins on the trot for the Dockers who have some of their better players finding ball in the midfield and have found some of the famous pressure on the ball carrier again. It’s made a huge difference to their attitude across the ground. They’ve gone back to being painful around the contest.

The Pies made the interesting call on the long weekend to drop Cloke and play 3 ruckmen against Max Gawn, it didn’t pay off at all, the three of them got one more touch than Gawn, 1 more goal and 1 more hit out. 3 on 1 and Gawn is B.O.G, so what do the Pies do this week? Not sure Cloke comes in after having a weekend off, not sure they go with three stobie poles again. Super Pav led the way for the Dockers last weekend, on a third gamer he used all his skill and strength and covered some ground to create a contest. It was an important part of the Dockers win. Barlow, Neale and Mundy, perhaps Freo’s most experienced mids combined for 108 touches and none of them were Port players touching them. They did as they pleased and that’s bad news for the shallow Collingwood midfield.

The Pies don’t like pressure on the ball carrier and that’s what the Dockers are doing again, they’re also moving the ball to the forward line with some more intent. Hard to pick the ‘Pies, not convinced by the Dockers form. Fremantle are scoring, defence is holding up and midfield getting hands on it. Having said that, the Dockers only have 28 to pick from this week. I’ll still back them as I can’t tip Collingwood, Fremantle by 13 points in what will be a rare win over the ‘Pies at the G. ( Collingwood $1.88 Fremantle $1.96 )

Richmond v Brisbane –

The Tigers had the break last week and this week decided to boycott anything to do with Triple M, chopsticks and hypocrisy. Interesting stand by the playing group after the Martin incident early this year went away without much recourse. The Lions are dead set paddling from one week to the next and they can’t get to round 24 quick enough. Question is, will the coach get to round 24? Can’t see what use it would be moving him on now. The old polish a turd comment comes to mind.

This is a case of “Who’s our bitch?”, Richmond winning the last 8 between these two sides, the Lions haven’t beaten them since 2009. Richmond has won 4 of its last 5, Brisbane have lost their last 9. Not an overly salivating prospect this one. Brisbane can find the ball, in last weeks loss they had 10 players with 20+ and 4 of them had 30+. They had 445 disposals to the Eagles 335, somehow managed 5 less I50’s and lost by 49 points. What are they doing with it when they get it? Richmond know they’re on a roll, they beat the Gold Coast in Melbourne by 3 goals....if not for a Dustin Martin clinic on the day they might not have held on. Not great form, really. 13th and 17th and very little interest in this one. Will be more games like this with the final 8 set in stone.

The Tigers are average and the Lions can only dream of being that good at the moment. Richmond by 33 points and stay away from this one. I know the Richmond fans will....(Richmond $1.12 Lions $6.25 )

GWS v Carlton –

The Giants were made to earn the 4 points against the Bombers last week, all out attack from the Bombers went against the plans the Giants would have had in place and they didn’t adjust to it very well at all. The Blues had the weekend off after dropping one they should have won over the Saints. They’d have been disappointed with that effort and will want to put in a better showing here.

It’s an unhappy hunting ground for teams visiting Spotless, the Dogs and Swans have fallen victim of late to the Giants when travelling and they are much better offensive units than the Blues. The Blues battle manfully in the back half and middle but lack some star power up front. That will make it hard to beat the high scoring Giants outfit. The difference here is the Giants average 108 points per game, the Blues just 75...that’s nearly 6 goals the Blues need to find or restrict the Giants from getting. Last year the Giants kicked 39 goals in the two games over Carlton and won by a combined 159 points. This is an improved version of the Blues, but not that much. Around the contest the Blues will get beat up, they average less contested possessions, less clearances and less tackles.

The Giants weren’t that convincing against the Bombers last week and if they’re a genuine unit they’ll want to make a stand here before the bye. Can’t see this one being anything but a sound Giants win. GWS by 40 points. ( GWS $1.11 Carlton $7.50 )

St Kilda v Geelong –

The Sainters are off the bye and before that an unexpected win over the Blues, as unexpected as the crowd was on the day. The Cats were brutal against the Dogs last weekend, the game was all but over at the end of the first quarter and the Cats had stamped themselves as one of the major contenders in 30 minutes of footy. The losses to Carlton and Collingwood had people asking questions. They got the answers on Saturday night.

Making it 5 wins for the year after some absolute pants down hidings the Saints managed a win without Reiwoldt, Fisher and Dempster. The old boys had the weekend off and the younger blokes shared the load. Membrey enjoyed having the F50 to himself, Steven tore up the midfield and the improving Hickey gave Kreuzer a bath in the middle. He’s got my attention a couple of times this year and looks to be the classic big man, taking a little longer to develop. I saw on the weekend one media outlet called the Geelong midfield “Dangerwood”. Don’t be f****g stupid. Sounds like something Trump would say. That’s an indictment on anyone. How good was Dangerfield though? I find him mildly enjoyable to watch now he’s out of the fruit tingles, not that he’s gone to a club I’m overly enamoured by to be honest. At least when he peels off a belter I’m not subjected to 47 articles and grabs throughout the week. Another 3 Charlie votes for Pat the Cat.

Geelong heading towards a top 4 spot, most probably top 2 and they might even be the top of the tree come the end of the minor round. Shows what proper target recruiting can do to a side. The two losses mentioned earlier might spook them if they drop another couple and miss the double chance. This won’t be one of them though, it’s 1 v 12 and it will look that way too. Geelong by 44 points. ( Saints $5.25 Geelong $1.17 )

Hawthorn v Gold Coast –

Other than Luke Breust who looked like he’d rather be at a tea party the Hawks stood up to the Kangaroos aggression last week and just went about playing football, Mitchell and Lewis were outstanding in the heat of the battle and showed why they are two of the best in the best side of the last 3 years. Still crying out for Jordan Lewis to accept he’s going bald and just be proud. I’ll make mention of it to him in a few weeks at Adelaide Oval. Much like their Canetoad counterparts the Gold Coast can’t get to the end of the year fast enough. Although that too might spell trouble if they lose some more on the go home / let’s get out of here factor.

Perhaps the most professional outfit in the game, the Hawks sit 10-3 and will make it 11-3 and sure up a spot in the top 4. They’ve got a few big games to come before the end of the year and the games they play against lowly opponents ( as it is for all the top 8 ) are crucial to making the double chance top 4. Six or so weeks ago I noted Gunston and Breust were finding some form and not only form they’ve been very accurate, 32.14 and 30.16 has helped the Hawks become the most accurate side in front of goal. With Roughy out they need to make every post a winner and they’re sure doing that. Like I said, professional. That’s not exactly a word I can use to describe the Suns. A few soldiers returning but a trip to Tassie to face the Hawks is an unenviable task. The AFL don’t really like the Suns much, two years in a row to Tassie to play Hawthorn.

The Hawks are readying themselves for another tilt, the Suns are into pre-season 2017 already. The Hawks have made Launceston their second home and love it down there, they’ve won the last 17 they’ve played at the venue. If Hodge comes back in this week it will be his 250th game under Al Clarkson. No wonder they work well as a unit. Hawks by 45 points. ( Hawks $1.06 Suns $10.00 )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:57 pm

LMAO quality work on the Lions v Tigers preview.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Tonight's game is a sell out isn't it? Will be interesting to see how many turn up.....could be the lowest sell out crowd ever.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby stan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:19 pm

I have a feeling North can get up tonight. The big bodies and inside mids like Zeibell amd Swallow will love the conditions here.

It maybe another one of Stans crazy ideas but I dont know, just have this feeling.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:08 pm

stan wrote:I have a feeling North can get up tonight. The big bodies and inside mids like Zeibell amd Swallow will love the conditions here.

It maybe another one of Stans crazy ideas but I dont know, just have this feeling.

Yeah think this is not too far fetched...
either way I think the result will be a lot closer than what people think.
Hoping for a Crows win but would not surprise me if North get up.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2640 times
Been liked: 1868 times

Postby Former Glory » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:27 pm

MW wrote:
stan wrote:I have a feeling North can get up tonight. The big bodies and inside mids like Zeibell amd Swallow will love the conditions here.

Yeah think this is not too far fetched...
either way I think the result will be a lot closer than what people think.
Hoping for a Crows win but would not surprise me if North get up.

Agree with both. The odds seem way off for me given the conditions, North $3.75 and +26.5 line at $1.95. Obviously hoping the Crows win but as a punter those odds seem value to me.
Former Glory
Mini-League

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:38 pm

This weeks tips - 6/6 last week. On 83 to date, & 6 behind the leader in both comps I am in. Too far back I think...

FWIW

Adelaide - to win the battle of hypothermia. Ziebell to go another adams apple.
Collingwood - not sure why, just coz
Richmond
GWS
Geelong
Hawthorn
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1285 times
Been liked: 3498 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby helicopterking » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:45 pm

If North come out with the same mentality tonight as they did with Hawks last week, Betts and Cameron won't be an influence tonight.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 671 times

Next

Board index   Football  AFL