2%
Salisbury
12%
St Pauls OS
No votes

Total votes : 42

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby #bleedredandblue » Wed May 08, 2024 6:40 pm

Moe wrote:My mail is that even without all the above mentioned blow ins that Elizabeth may even get a B grade twam up this weekend, or next.
It could be misinformation, but it did come from an Elizabeth junior coach.

I’ve heard the same from multiple sources now, thought it was a piss take at first but by the sounds of it they are extremely confident it’s going to happen and believe they may even start climbing the ladder, quickly.
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 08, 2024 7:32 pm

I’ve heard they had a stack roll in to training last night, and I’ve also heard they have informed the league and other people an expectation to field two sides in coming weeks.

A proposal was sent out today suggesting regrading from D6 to D6R and whilst no official response, I’ve had people tell me they’ll only take the field as an A grade in an A grade comp.

If this player influx does not come to fruition, and they’ve taken the stubborn stance to ride this out, then no mercy will be shown.

Seems to me they’re lapping up their 15min of fame, and soaking it for all it’s worth.

Best of luck to them either way, as far as I’m concerned enough attention and energy has gone into them, time to move on..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Purple Warrior » Wed May 08, 2024 8:57 pm

Coach has quit, moved on. Something
Hopefully they haven’t just turfed him if something better has now come along, be a shit act
Purple Warrior

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Purple Warrior » Wed May 08, 2024 8:59 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
Moe wrote:My mail is that even without all the above mentioned blow ins that Elizabeth may even get a B grade twam up this weekend, or next.
It could be misinformation, but it did come from an Elizabeth junior coach.

I’ve heard the same from multiple sources now, thought it was a piss take at first but by the sounds of it they are extremely confident it’s going to happen and believe they may even start climbing the ladder, quickly.

Shouldn’t be able to field a B grade side, they don’t have a team In div 6R
Purple Warrior

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 08, 2024 9:01 pm

Purple Warrior wrote:Coach has quit, moved on. Something
Hopefully they haven’t just turfed him if something better has now come along, be a shit act

Yep, he's been moved on.

Bloody poor form

They've lost the actual plot :?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed May 08, 2024 9:48 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Yep, he's been moved on.

Bloody poor form

That makes 3 coaches gone in 1 day. Different leagues but what are these clubs hoping to achieve.

Bloody poor form. :shock: :shock:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 322 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 08, 2024 10:56 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Yep, he's been moved on.

Bloody poor form

That makes 3 coaches gone in 1 day. Different leagues but what are these clubs hoping to achieve.

Bloody poor form. :shock: :shock:

who have i missed? Virginia, Lizbeff and ?

I think sometimes you just know... prime example is your mate JC at Plympton, gets the boot after being 0-4 and then they go on to win the flag
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 08, 2024 11:27 pm

GPE in the GSFL
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3562 times

Postby old fullback » Thu May 09, 2024 12:47 am

Surely Lizbeth cant bring in a B Grade team now after 4 weeks or be allowed to, it would compromise the B Grade competition surely.
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu May 09, 2024 6:55 am

old fullback wrote:Surely Lizbeth cant bring in a B Grade team now after 4 weeks or be allowed to, it would compromise the B Grade competition surely.

If they get a 2nd team up and running then good on them, just gotta hope the influx of players stick around once the novelty wears off and when it gets cold. I am a little perplexed on why it takes an event like this to finally get the wheels in motion.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby whufc » Thu May 09, 2024 7:40 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
old fullback wrote:Surely Lizbeth cant bring in a B Grade team now after 4 weeks or be allowed to, it would compromise the B Grade competition surely.

If they get a 2nd team up and running then good on them, just gotta hope the influx of players stick around once the novelty wears off and when it gets cold. I am a little perplexed on why it takes an event like this to finally get the wheels in motion.

Yeah, that would be the ultimate shenanigans is if Lizzy get a b grade up and running only to be back forfeiting by rounds 11,12 etc.

Moving the coach on is a tough one for the club.......obviously dont have a single clue what went on but you would have thought John Lawrence could have been given the b grade job given half the blokes he is currently coaching in the a grade will most likely make up the b grade. Maybe it was offered to him and he didnt want it.

Not sure i can completely blame Elizabeth for changing coaches especially if they have seen enough to know the current coach wasn't capable of coaching a 'better' side or to a standard better players would like. Either way Elizabeth will live and die by the move and they have brought in club legend Matt Switala.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Down the Hill » Thu May 09, 2024 8:17 am

Clubs playing Elizabeth at home would much rather a B grade game for revenue purposes and better post match numbers than being worried about the integrity of the B grade comp. It’s D6R after all. Surely participation and assisting Elizabeth with being better positioned for 2025 is more important.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby BulkEFC » Thu May 09, 2024 11:27 am

A couple of club legends have returned and brought with them some players, Mathew Switala senior coach and Dave Rogers assistant. This is a great move for the football department but without support from the committee thus will merely paint over the cracks.
Trent Greenshields is a club legend and he was payed no respect so time will tell.
Hopefully some feathers are ruffled and some od the deadwood move on.
BulkEFC
Mini-League

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby redyellow&blue » Thu May 09, 2024 12:41 pm

BulkEFC wrote:Trent Greenshields is a club legend and he was payed no respect so time will tell.

What you mean?
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 40 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 09, 2024 1:18 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Yep, he's been moved on.

Bloody poor form

It’s a brilliant move, it appears as though some club stalwarts have rallied and will get the place up and running again.

Putting two highly respected absolute club legends in charge is the best thing they could’ve done.

For everyone that shit canned Fitzroy for kicking a billion goals, it’s the best thing that could’ve happened to the EFC, they are a proud club and it would’ve gutted blokes like Swits and Dave Rogers, their presence will lure players back.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 09, 2024 1:21 pm

Why? I only had to do it twice but rocking up to play an A Grade game when there’s no B Grade just felt odd, it was hard to get into it to start with for some reason
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Moe » Thu May 09, 2024 1:34 pm

Elizabeth paid to register a B grade team, and have been paying the weekly fine for their forfeits, so they are within their rights to play when/if they have numbers.
The sacked A grade coach was offered another position, but turned it down.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Purple Warrior » Thu May 09, 2024 2:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Yep, he's been moved on.

Bloody poor form

It’s a brilliant move, it appears as though some club stalwarts have rallied and will get the place up and running again.

Putting two highly respected absolute club legends in charge is the best thing they could’ve done.

For everyone that shit canned Fitzroy for kicking a billion goals, it’s the best thing that could’ve happened to the EFC, they are a proud club and it would’ve gutted blokes like Swits and Dave Rogers, their presence will lure players back.

3 games of 40 or 50 goal losses wasn’t enough to entice them. Think they want to be seen as the heroes who saved the day, could’ve should’ve put there hand up when it was obvious they were in serious trouble a month out from round 1.
Purple Warrior

Postby BulkEFC » Thu May 09, 2024 2:27 pm

redyellow&blue wrote:
BulkEFC wrote:Trent Greenshields is a club legend and he was payed no respect so time will tell.

What you mean?

What don't you get?
BulkEFC
Mini-League

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby whufc » Thu May 09, 2024 2:36 pm

Moe wrote:Elizabeth paid to register a B grade team, and have been paying the weekly fine for their forfeits, so they are within their rights to play when/if they have numbers.
The sacked A grade coach was offered another position, but turned it down.

Surely will wear thin on other clubs if they are playing one week forfeiting the next etc. Having to reshuffle game times or have gaps, players not know if they are going to get a game until Thursday/Friday, club catering for potentially more people etc.

Goodluck if they have a side but hopefully its not on the bare minimum numbers and going to see them sporadically playing.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League