Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:18 pm

tigerpie wrote:I'm not picking up any hysterics on here lgil.
Its quite simple, he broke the lads jaw with an elbow after the lad disposed of the ball.
4- 6 weeks is an appropriate penalty, not 2.
Doesn't matter what round he did it in.

Personally I think if Noarlunga win this week, then the penalty that has been given is far greater than 10 or more weeks during the minor round, but that's just me.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby vics01 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:26 pm

LGIL

Personally I think if Noarlunga win this week, then the penalty that has been given is far greater than 10 or more weeks during the minor round, but that's just me.

It is a moot point really the SFL is a secretive shambles. No body outside the star chamber and the board will ever know
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Thank Christ Reynella have been kicked out of the finals and I've been reminded what they're like. Got sick and tired of their cliquey whinging ways when my son played footy there for three years and almost turned him from the game, almost turned me completely off the SFL with their pathetic ways. Stoked he said he's looking at taking it up again for another club and apologised to me that he was too far from a down to earth family club like the Shoe to play there even though he's walking distance from Reynella.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2065 times
Been liked: 3925 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:26 pm

6 week suspension would have put his position at the Crows for 2017 in doubt also Im guessing...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2351 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby vics01 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:42 pm

WEDGIE
Thank Christ Reynella have been kicked out of the finals and I've been reminded what they're like. Got sick and tired of their cliquey whinging ways when my son played footy there for three years and almost turned him from the game, almost turned me completely off the SFL with their pathetic ways. Stoked he said he's looking at taking it up again for another club and apologised to me that he was too far from a down to earth family club like the Shoe to play there even though he's walking distance from Reynella.

You must be a Seinfeld fan
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:6 week suspension would have put his position at the Crows for 2017 in doubt also Im guessing...

Oh and the state country team too
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:46 pm

vics01 wrote:
WEDGIE

You must be a Seinfeld fan

Serenity now!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tigerpie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:05 pm

Wedgie wrote:Thank Christ Reynella have been kicked out of the finals and I've been reminded what they're like. Got sick and tired of their cliquey whinging ways when my son played footy there for three years and almost turned him from the game, almost turned me completely off the SFL with their pathetic ways. Stoked he said he's looking at taking it up again for another club and apologised to me that he was too far from a down to earth family club like the Shoe to play there even though he's walking distance from Reynella.

Can't stop laughing at this!!!!!
Glad you're happy down there.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 512 times
Been liked: 436 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:30 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Thank Christ Reynella have been kicked out of the finals and I've been reminded what they're like. Got sick and tired of their cliquey whinging ways when my son played footy there for three years and almost turned him from the game, almost turned me completely off the SFL with their pathetic ways. Stoked he said he's looking at taking it up again for another club and apologised to me that he was too far from a down to earth family club like the Shoe to play there even though he's walking distance from Reynella.

Down where? At Allenby Gardens or at my previous place at Prospect?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:39 pm

I jokingly had a crack at Reynella years back. They are one of the best footy clubs in the state. Having a shot at their approach to footy as a club is laughable.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby tigerpie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:42 pm

Wedgie wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

The down to earth family club the shoe.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 512 times
Been liked: 436 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:58 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

The down to earth family club the shoe.

Only go over the hill to visit my kids, have no other reason to! Lol
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:01 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I jokingly had a crack at Reynella years back. They are one of the best footy clubs in the state. Having a shot at their approach to footy as a club is laughable.

Coaches I encountered there were excellent.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:05 pm

Back to the topic at hand, anyone want to mention what the independent witness, the umpire and the trainer all said at the hearing and how severe the crack was compared to a cracked eye socket in the same game?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby King » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:57 am

Wedgie wrote:Back to the topic at hand, anyone want to mention what the independent witness, the umpire and the trainer all said at the hearing and how severe the crack was compared to a cracked eye socket in the same game?

Cracked eye socket can't be too bad .................. he has been named to play this week (or am I just naive???)
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:21 am

Good to hear it hasn't cost him a week on the sidelines
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2351 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby godra » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:32 am

Wray a nice inclusion for the Bombers. Just at the right time of year. Had been playing some decent football recently.

My tips - Flaggies over the Shoes. Bombers over the Emus.

Good luck to all.
godra

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby strike me pink » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:33 pm

godra wrote:Wray a nice inclusion for the Bombers. Just at the right time of year. Had been playing some decent football recently.

Good luck to all.

Yes not many Clubs can qualify players from League Clubs nowadays but Brighton have obviously found away to get 4 games into Wray - hope he knows all his Team Mates Names :D
strike me pink
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:34 pm

strike me pink wrote:
godra wrote:Wray a nice inclusion for the Bombers. Just at the right time of year. Had been playing some decent football recently.

Good luck to all.

Yes not many Clubs can qualify players from League Clubs nowadays but Brighton have obviously found away to get 4 games into Wray - hope he knows all his Team Mates Names :D

They probably got rounds 1-4 out of him at least ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby King » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:17 pm

strike me pink wrote:

Good luck to all.

Don't dare question the ways and means of BDOS or you will suffer the wrath of DTH :lol: :lol: :lol:
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL