Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby RFC 2010 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Not sure what benefit is achieved by Marion replacing the coach now. Any indication on whether he simply walked?

On another note, I was speaking to a mate today who is affiliated with a Div 1 amateur club. He said there is strong talk around the amateur league that the SFL will disband altogether next year and clubs will be forced to choose between applying to join amateurs, Hills or GSFL.

I have not read the previous posts on this site for a while, so this might be old news. Has anyone heard anything along these lines. The guy who told me has no affiliation with any SFL club and has no reason to make it up.

Chinese whispers or something serious happening behind the scenes?
RFC 2010
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Animus » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:33 pm

Can't see the GSFL changing from 10 teams
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby RFC 2010 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Animus wrote:Can't see the GSFL changing from 10 teams

Surely they'd welcome at least a couple of our strongest teams in order to improve their comp?
RFC 2010
Rookie

Postby Animus » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:54 pm

RFC 2010 wrote:

Surely they'd welcome at least a couple of our strongest teams in order to improve their comp?

Improve on a comp where you play everyone home and away, in all grades and don't forget the full family aspect with netball & community involvement....unlikely but hey, just my opinion!
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby RFC 2010 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Animus wrote:
RFC 2010 wrote:

Improve on a comp where you play everyone home and away, in all grades and don't forget the full family aspect with netball & community involvement....unlikely but hey, just my opinion!

You're probably right. As a Reynella supporter, I would love for our club to be a part of the GSFL and I think we would add something to their comp. The same can be said for Morphett Vale, Noarlunga and Flaggies.

I'm sick of the rat-shite competition the SFL offers where the top clubs play non competitive matches for more than 50% of their minor round games
RFC 2010
Rookie

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:16 pm

SFL disbanding would strengthen surrounding leagues. Should make HFL issues disappear. SFL has less than five years left in my opinion. No clubs interested in joining. Only clubs interested in leaving
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Boof » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:52 am

RFC 2010 wrote:
Animus wrote:
RFC 2010 wrote:

You're probably right. As a Reynella supporter, I would love for our club to be a part of the GSFL and I think we would add something to their comp. The same can be said for Morphett Vale, Noarlunga and Flaggies.

I'm sick of the rat-shite competition the SFL offers where the top clubs play non competitive matches for more than 50% of their minor round games

GSFL is already a strong competition and adding a few of the strong SFL clubs just won't happen because we need them they don't need us! All of their clubs have juniors in all grades and the netball is usually run alongside the football. Fantastic community day which country leagues do so well!
Apart from a few teams possibly leaving the SFL nothing will change. Never has and never will until we get some new faces in charge.
Boof
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:34 pm

It's official...

Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:24 am

With finals approaching and venues to be decided what our your thoughts .

If the venues are set and the possibility ie -Preliminary Final @ Port Noarlunga and Port Noarlunga make that final should there be a change?

My personal view is no ! as they say if your good enough it doesn't matter where you play .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Former Glory » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:45 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:It's official...

I notice the threshold for the motion to be carried is now 75% for both Seniors and Juniors from the 50% first mentioned.
Former Glory
Mini-League

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:49 am

RFC 2010 wrote:Not sure what benefit is achieved by Marion replacing the coach now. Any indication on whether he simply walked?

On another note, I was speaking to a mate today who is affiliated with a Div 1 amateur club. He said there is strong talk around the amateur league that the SFL will disband altogether next year and clubs will be forced to choose between applying to join amateurs, Hills or GSFL.

I have not read the previous posts on this site for a while, so this might be old news. Has anyone heard anything along these lines. The guy who told me has no affiliation with any SFL club and has no reason to make it up.

Please
My mail has all leagues to disband and come under the SAAFL with the premiership side in div 1 to move into the SANFL with the bottom side in SANFL to move into div 1 ? :shock:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby RFC 2010 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:00 pm

shoe boy wrote:
RFC 2010 wrote:Not sure what benefit is achieved by Marion replacing the coach now. Any indication on whether he simply walked?

Please
My mail has all leagues to disband and come under the SAAFL with the premiership side in div 1 to move into the SANFL with the bottom side in SANFL to move into div 1 ? :shock:

It was a legitimate question, shoe boy.

This is the first I had ever heard of the SFL disbanding altogether. The fact that it came from an SAAFL source made me take notice.

While I can't see it happening, it does raise a few questions. Most importantly, where will the SFL be in 5 years' time if something dramatic is not done to change the situation? Surely we can't keep rolling on from year to year and hoping that something will change
RFC 2010
Rookie

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:14 pm

This is the first I had ever heard of the SFL disbanding altogether. The fact that it came from an SAAFL source made me take notice.

While I can't see it happening, it does raise a few questions. Most importantly, where will the SFL be in 5 years' time if something dramatic is not done to change the situation? Surely we can't keep rolling on from year to year and hoping that something will change[/quote]

I agree ,WE can't continue the status quo and with decisions made by some clubs within the SFL to put their club before the SFL I believe NOW is the best time for the board to put the interest of the majority of clubs first.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:35 pm

shoe boy wrote:With finals approaching and venues to be decided what our your thoughts .

If the venues are set and the possibility ie -Preliminary Final @ Port Noarlunga and Port Noarlunga make that final should there be a change?

My personal view is no ! as they say if your good enough it doesn't matter where you play .

haha, the Shoes love a home final so no surprise there :lol: :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3594 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Will Brighton get the necessary 75%?
They might get chucked into Div 4 which will see them at least 3 years from Div 1.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 507 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:30 pm

tigerpie wrote:Will Brighton get the necessary 75%?
They might get chucked into Div 4 which will see them at least 3 years from Div 1.

75% might be a big ask....considering you will be playing every 2nd game North of the torrens it will be interesting to see the result.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3594 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:42 pm

RFC 2010 wrote:

While I can't see it happening, it does raise a few questions. Most importantly, where will the SFL be in 5 years' time if something dramatic is not done to change the situation? Surely we can't keep rolling on from year to year and hoping that something will change

With the unrest currently underway, this is very likely
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby marbles » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:35 pm

Saafl div 5 will hav 9 teams next year. Not div 4

Brighton will hav to barge their way into div 3 or somewhere and deny a grand finalist runner up from being promoted to the higher division or something like that (gank their place)

Else the vacancy is in div 5 at this stage :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:20 pm

Hahaha....below Edwardstown. That would sting!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 507 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:02 am

Dutchy wrote:
shoe boy wrote:With finals approaching and venues to be decided what our your thoughts .

haha, the Shoes love a home final so no surprise there :lol: :lol:

Dutchy , my point is that I don't believe finals should be changed due to WHO plays at a said venue.

Once we start that where do you stop!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL