Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:31 pm

Woah, massive game coming up at Lamb Park. Didn't expect TW to be in this position. Hopefully TW can get themselves into the 4!
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:30 pm

What a position we find ourselves in with one week to play!!
5 teams with a shot at September glory and, in my opinion, whoever turns up to play on any given day could take it out
A play-off for the minor premiership at Mallala where the homeside take on the Bridge
Virginia have locked in third position and with Two Wells are in fifth needing to win away to make the four.
It will be interesting to see if the rams turn up to play/rest players given the result has no bearing on their position.
Also very interesting to note that Virginia is the only side Two Wells haven't beaten this year so far!

Mallala are favourites for the premiership in my eyes with a dominant second half of the season, but as I said before, whoever turns up to play will win.

Also interesting to see everyone's opinions on who will win the league medal with one game to go? Asked this question about six weeks to go but would be interesting to see if recent form and results have changed anyone's mind?

Caleb Howell, Ned Seccafien, Joel Montgomerie, Ash Duncan, Ben Dowdell with Lachy Michael as the smoky for me
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:51 pm

Lachy has been outstanding. Will give it a shake. Dowdell favourite though.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Lame Choice » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Ben Russel for me. Clements a smokey.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:53 am

Also Lee Allmond. A footballer from the top shelf has gone close before and probably deserves a medal for years of consistently great football
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:09 am

Greggy Gregginson wrote:Also Lee Allmond. A footballer from the top shelf has gone close before and probably deserves a medal for years of consistently great football

Has he missed too many games? You're right though, his form for the first 10 matches or so was superb.
Lame Choice wrote:Ben Russel for me. Clements a smokey.

A lot of chances but don't discount these two. Both super consistent.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:03 am

OnSong wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:Also Lee Allmond. A footballer from the top shelf has gone close before and probably deserves a medal for years of consistently great football

Has he missed too many games? You're right though, his form for the first 10 matches or so was superb.

Russel has polled well before (24 votes over two years). I know home 'best' doesn't always count for much, but he has been in the best 11 times and 9 of those top 3. But here's the clincher I reckon, when Virginia have won easily (5 times against United and HWE), he has been top two.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:20 am

Lame Choice wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Russel has polled well before (24 votes over two years). I know home 'best' doesn't always count for much, but he has been in the best 11 times and 9 of those top 3. But here's the clincher I reckon, when Virginia have won easily (5 times against United and HWE), he has been top two.

No doubt Russell is a good player, however they only won easily against us once, we beat them comfortably the first time.

Not sure who wins the medal as I only see sides apart from mine 2-3 times per year, however somebody from Mallala would be my tip.
FWIW young Trav Beard has probably been our best player over the season and my tip for highest vote getter from the Tigers.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:28 am

my bad. 4 times (3 times against HWE and once against United).
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:09 pm

My tip for MM would be from: Jordan Clements, Ben Doudell, Ash Duncan.

My smokey - Liam Whitwell - a proven vote getter, has had a solid season.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:39 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:
OnSong wrote:

No doubt Russell is a good player, however they only won easily against us once, we beat them comfortably the first time.

Not sure who wins the medal as I only see sides apart from mine 2-3 times per year, however somebody from Mallala would be my tip.
FWIW young Trav Beard has probably been our best player over the season and my tip for highest vote getter from the Tigers.

No Heath Pym? Will also be very interesting to see the highest vote getter for HWE. Someone like a Tom Forrest turns up consistently and always gives a contest. Not the usual kind of vote getter but in a team that loses by lots every week, someone like that would have to be the most likely to feature (If any at all)
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Postby hairy cat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:41 pm

LMichael ,Dowdell along with Ned Seccafein to tie Neds had a big year and is under umps eyes and kicked showcase goals
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Easier to list the 1-2 best chances from each club:

Balak: L Michael / Storic (even only 1/2 year)
Hamley: Stribling / Duncan / Dowdell
Hummocks: McNamara / Rowe **In truth, they will be lucky to post a vote in most games**
Mallala: Clements / Montgomerie
Two Wells: Seccafien / Allmond
United: Shimmin / Beard
Virginia: Howell / Russell

With all due respect, no-one from United or HWE has been an sbsolute standout to poll enough in losing sides regularly.
Two Wells set the pace early and often when a player gets a few bests early the umpires remember them later in the year which gives both Ned and Allmond a real crack, Allmonds holiday may cost him in the end though, Ned has been fantastic all year.
Howell always polls well, Virginia started well and given he can hit the scoreboard as well, he would be a big chance.
L Michael is the one, the clear standout in a team full of even contibutors, bit like Pym last year but with a slighty better side and with more wins, favourite for me to win the first of a few.
Hamley have 3 main chances and winning a few games by big margins gives them all a chance to poll on the same day, whether one can poll enough by themselves would be the question.
Clements development has him the pick from the Pies, runs all day takes marks etc would get a lot of notice. Monty always polls well so will get a few, Earl is loved by the umpires so he is sure to grab a few too as does Whitwell every year. Their depth is why as a team they are so strong, yet this could be the reason they dont have an individual stand out.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Mail Medal-J Earl

Forecast 20th sept
A grade-Mallala
Reserves- Virginia
Snr Colts-Balaklava
Jnr Colts-Balaklava > Dixon to play in both

GF Best on Ground>Whittey
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:16 pm

Medal - S.Galbraith
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby one day I will » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:35 pm

My smokey is j wildbore.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby BigV » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:55 am

by no_remorse28 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:16 pm

Medal - S.Galbraith

Finally the Big G gets some recognition..
BigV
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Lame Choice » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:01 am

Hamley 1-39 with Pies still missing a few and not a lot riding on the game for either. There might be a bit of cat and mouse with playing positions and a strong chance they'll meet each other 3 times in 4 weeks.
Virginia 1-39 with TW to throw the kitchen sink at them. Virginia will be keen to knock out TW rather than face them next week after a loss.
United 1-39 with HWE seeing this as an opportunity to grab a win. United have a few out and a couple of colts playing up.
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby swingman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:16 am

no_remorse28 wrote:Medal - S.Galbraith

Would he be a chance to win the 2s medal ? He spent abit of time there didn't he ?
swingman
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby Freaky Tah » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:47 pm

swingman wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Medal - S.Galbraith

Would he be a chance to win the 2s medal ? He spent abit of time there didn't he ?

I follow him on twitter and with testimonials like "hardworking wingman who can kick bombs from the arc" you would think he'd have 3 or 4 medals already :lol:
When it comes to winning you need the skill and the will
Freaky Tah
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Loxton

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy