SAAFL Division 2 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 2 grand final?

Broadview
20%
Flinders Park
7%
Gepps Cross
11%
PAOC
4%
PHOS Camden
9%
PNU
16%
Scotch OC
7%
SHOC
5%
SMOSH
15%
Walkerville
5%

Total votes : 95

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Postby playon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Question, one of our players had played 8 c grade games and 4 b grade games, if both grades play finals and said player plays b grade final, b grade get knocked out first week, but c grade win and play following week, can said player then play in c grade?
playon
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Demon Juke » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:40 pm

playon wrote:Question, one of our players had played 8 c grade games and 4 b grade games, if both grades play finals and said player plays b grade final, b grade get knocked out first week, but c grade win and play following week, can said player then play in c grade?

yes.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:38 am

Amazing game between PNU and Scotch. To get over the line in a game like that is an incredible performance. Proud to be Payneham.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:51 am

Blackwhite wrote:Amazing game between PNU and Scotch. To get over the line in a game like that is an incredible performance. Proud to be Payneham.

Great game and a brilliant day. Full credit should go to both clubs for the contest out there today.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:12 am

Blackwhite wrote:Amazing game between PNU and Scotch. To get over the line in a game like that is an incredible performance. Proud to be Payneham.

Both sides well above that of the other 8 in the comp right now.
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3758 times
Been liked: 1178 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:34 am

locky801 wrote:

What's going on at Broadies Locky? I had them in my top 3 at the start of the year. The one game I saw them in they looked very good and nearly knocked us off. Hard to believe that team could miss finals if they don't turn it around soon. :shock:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:50 am

What a battle positions 4-7 are going to be. Flinders Park recording a couple a good wins keeping finals hopes alive. Massive 3 weeks coming up for the Parks!
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:25 am

wristwatcher wrote:
locky801 wrote:

What's going on at Broadies Locky? I had them in my top 3 at the start of the year. The one game I saw them in they looked very good and nearly knocked us off. Hard to believe that team could miss finals if they don't turn it around soon. :shock:

If I knew mate I would be Weed's right hand man, guess to put in plain and simple we aint got the cattle at the moment
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3758 times
Been liked: 1178 times

Postby Fricky » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:04 am

Great win by Walkies on the weekend over PHOS. 29 points down half way through the last quarter and won by a point. Puts us 5th and hopefully the boys can stay there.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:06 am

Suri wrote:Great win by Walkies on the weekend over PHOS. 29 points down half way through the last quarter and won by a point. Puts us 5th and hopefully the boys can stay there.

Must have been an absolute ball tearer!

Fantastically straight kicking (which I'm sure made them breathe a sigh in relief) by the Walkies lads too!

Sacred Heart seem very hot and cold at the moment? They've managed to push the top sides and then let themselves down at times. Might just show the even nature of D2?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Suri wrote:Great win by Walkies on the weekend over PHOS. 29 points down half way through the last quarter and won by a point. Puts us 5th and hopefully the boys can stay there.

Sets up a big game this weekend.

Bit of a strange stat but for all the times the Cats and Falcons have locked horns in the past 16 years I actually don't remember too many close games. Hopefully this week bucks the trend.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Quarterman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:11 am

Heard a few people at GX including a short serial offender are in trouble again for abusing umpires last Saturday
Quarterman
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby retired60 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:54 am

Quarterman wrote:Heard a few people at GX including a short serial offender are in trouble again for abusing umpires last Saturday

In his defence, the umpire reported a GX player for allegedly using the word cheat without, I am told any profanities or obscenity included, and so the 'short serial offender' was trying highlight what may well be a trivial report and a waste of everyone's time on a Wednesday night.
retired60

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:06 pm

retired60 wrote:
Quarterman wrote:Heard a few people at GX including a short serial offender are in trouble again for abusing umpires last Saturday

In his defence, the umpire reported a GX player for allegedly using the word cheat without, I am told any profanities or obscenity included, and so the 'short serial offender' was trying highlight what may well be a trivial report and a waste of everyone's time on a Wednesday night.

You don't have to use profanities or obscenities to be offensive.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby retired60 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
retired60 wrote:

Touche! However I think its time some of these umpires toughened up just a bit
retired60

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
retired60 wrote:

Well said. As someone who has umpired in 3 different forms of Football i can tell you the most offensive word to an umpires ears is the word "cheat". Thats how i felt anyway. Others may feel differently but i would like to believe that no nuetral umpire ever goes out there to cheat and its a word that shouldnt be thrown around so casually in my opinion.

Please note that i am referring to nuetral umpires and not some of the club based ones who are not trained to asses every decision on its merits without fear or favour.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby retired60 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:23 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
retired60 wrote:

Well said. As someone who has umpired in 3 different forms of Football i can tell you the most offensive word to an umpires ears is the word "cheat". Thats how i felt anyway. Others may feel differently but i would like to believe that no nuetral umpire ever goes out there to cheat and its a word that shouldnt be thrown around so casually in my opinion.

Please note that i am referring to nuetral umpires and not some of the club based ones who are not trained to asses every decision on its merits without fear or favour.

Indeed it may be offensive, but pay a free kick, 25 metres etc, and get on with it. Having to tie up so many resources for a wednesday night tribunal is a waste. Notwithstanding it will be interesting to see what the tribunal delivers. If suspensions are handed down, well, I'll just shut-up. (for a while)

Has anyone heard what the verdict was?
Last edited by retired60 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retired60

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:24 pm

retired60 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
retired60 wrote:

Call an umpire a cheat and you question his character, ethics and morals, call an umpire a stupid, dumb, blind maggot and he might just shrug his shoulders and move on (although I wouldn't recommend it....).
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Heart2Heart » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:25 pm

retired60 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
retired60 wrote:

So basically you are saying its okay for a player to go out there and question an umpires integrity? how would you like it if someone came in to your work place and questioned your integrity and the way you went about business? Would you need to toughen up a bit?

From what I hear it was good to see a former high ranking official getting involved when he was a long way from the incident, maybe its time the club had a good hard look at themselves. They are the first to complain when other teams behave badly but its okay when they throw the toys out the cot...

Also pretty sure other players who have said such a thing over the past 4 years have received between 2 and 4 matches, so hardly trivial.
Heart2Heart

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:14 pm

retired60 wrote:

I gotta get off the drink. Who the **** are you talking about?
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League