23%
Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:28 pm

if both teams make finals, who does he play for?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:01 pm

I'm not sure what you are looking for RS. He played Juniors in Hills League and got cleared to Glenunga this year. I assume he is a zero pointer because he only played juniors in Hills, no Senior games. Why would the Uraidla coach be picking a Glenunga player to play in his A grade team?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:41 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:I'm not sure what you are looking for RS. He played Juniors in Hills League and got cleared to Glenunga this year. I assume he is a zero pointer because he only played juniors in Hills, no Senior games. Why would the Uraidla coach be picking a Glenunga player to play in his A grade team?

he is currently playing under 18s at uraidla and also playing A grade at Glenunga
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Ian » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:49 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:I'm not sure what you are looking for RS. He played Juniors in Hills League and got cleared to Glenunga this year. I assume he is a zero pointer because he only played juniors in Hills, no Senior games. Why would the Uraidla coach be picking a Glenunga player to play in his A grade team?

It wouldn't be unheard of for a good U18 player to get promoted to the A grade
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:54 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:

he is currently playing under 18s at uraidla and also playing A grade at Glenunga

He played u18s for Uraidla on 1 Jul and played last two games for Glenunga A grade....so what. I'm sure it's all above board. If not the relevant authorities will sort out
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby cracka » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

He played u18s for Uraidla on 1 Jul and played last two games for Glenunga A grade....so what. I'm sure it's all above board. If not the relevant authorities will sort out

Hills football senior colts are U17.5
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:15 am

As part of the broader question, is there really much merit in allowing -1 point for under 18s in the Adelaide Footy League? I can't really see any overwhelming reasons in favour.

Secondly, if there is should the -1 only be allowed for juniors who have played enough games in the club's junior grade to be worth zero if coming from another club?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:53 am

jo172 wrote:As part of the broader question, is there really much merit in allowing -1 point for under 18s in the Adelaide Footy League? I can't really see any overwhelming reasons in favour.

Secondly, if there is should the -1 only be allowed for juniors who have played enough games in the club's junior grade to be worth zero if coming from another club?

Serious? :shock: there is plenty of merit in allowing -1 for juniors to play senior footy.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3568 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:57 am

Dutchy wrote:
jo172 wrote:As part of the broader question, is there really much merit in allowing -1 point for under 18s in the Adelaide Footy League? I can't really see any overwhelming reasons in favour.

Serious? :shock: there is plenty of merit in allowing -1 for juniors to play senior footy.

Why?

Particularly in the Adelaide Footy League?

(as an unusual aside we've got a bloke who moved to town for Uni who's an Under 18, also playing seniors and is worth 3 points)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:19 am

Glenunga play with 15 points most games at the moment they using 2 players as minus 1 point to stay within the system but what age do you have to be before that minus 1 point becomes invalid
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:49 am

jo172 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Why?

(as an unusual aside we've got a bloke who moved to town for Uni who's an Under 18, also playing seniors and is worth 3 points)

Do I seriously have to spell it out for you?

I guess it spells out the disconnect between seniors and juniors in the city, despite playing for the same club....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3568 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:59 am

Dutchy wrote:Do I seriously have to spell it out for you?

I guess it spells out the disconnect between seniors and juniors in the city, despite playing for the same club....

I'd like it spelled out please. I don't see need for a junior being (-1), all it does is allow clubs to pick a couple of talented kids to free up room in the points for an extra recruit.

If you have a good relationship between juniors and seniors, and they're zero points, they'll still progress up into senior ranks, and if they're good enough they'll still get opportunity at a younger age.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4039 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:06 am

Zartan wrote:

I'd like it spelled out please. I don't see need for a junior being (-1), all it does is allow clubs to pick a couple of talented kids to free up room in the points for an extra recruit.

If you have a good relationship between juniors and seniors, and they're zero points, they'll still progress up into senior ranks, and if they're good enough they'll still get opportunity at a younger age.

I don't mind juniors being -1, I don't think it's right when they play for a different club though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:30 am

Dutchy wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Why?

Do I seriously have to spell it out for you?

Not at all, that's why the 25 junior games rule is in place to make zero points.

Explain the benefit to the -1 rule to anyone? If anything all it does is encourage a club to get more imports thereby pushing out local zero pointers who are no longer under age?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:31 am

Zartan wrote:

To use Dutchy's ad hominem style of argument I'd suggest its symbolic of non-metropolitan club's extreme need for recruits in order to prop up failing competitions?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:42 am

Zartan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:If you have a good relationship between juniors and seniors, and they're zero points, they'll still progress up into senior ranks, and if they're good enough they'll still get opportunity at a younger age.

This is pretty much the crux of it. The -1 can be rationalised by incentivising club's to select Under 18s who otherwise aren't in their best 21s.

The problem is that the benefit accruing to the clubs from the incentive is to enable the Club's to play with extra APPS points thereby reducing their incentives to comply with the overall purposes of the APPS system (loyalty, junior programs etc.)

Why isn't it if the Under 18 is good enough (or the club is of the view that it would benefit their development) and worth zero points enough?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Jack Konnis in 2016 played under 18s for Hectorville and now plays at Glenunga as a minus 1 player

the age limit to still be -1 point anyone actually know it i see Glenunga has changed from 13 points used on weekend to 14 points now as well since today
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby scottroo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:31 pm

25 games after the player turns 13yo

Example.

If a player turns 13 in December, any games played as a 12yo that year are included
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby cracka » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Zartan wrote:

I don't mind juniors being -1, I don't think it's right when they play for a different club though.

Or come from a different league
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:39 pm

scottroo wrote:25 games after the player turns 13yo

Example.

If a player turns 13 in December, any games played as a 12yo that year are included

I just had a look at our points & Schar is 2 points. He played school footy from year 7 till 12
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League