Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Brodlach » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:33 pm

morell wrote:No I mean I thought he was alright, turns out hes a giant floggo

Genuine :lol:

I hate his new name though, surely a return of one of his previous 8 would be better :D
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby morell » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Yeah I preferred the long list of obscure comic book characters too.

Reckon Tripwire would've been a good one for the all bombs he drops.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:26 pm

morell wrote:OR!

You can all suck my nuts and I'll take whatever the **** I like out of it - or choose not to if want to. What is this a morell intervention on how to enjoy web forums? Good lord.

Never said one was better or worse, just that I personally enjoy BigFooty more for AFL stuff because of it's size you can find some really good higher end type content if you know where to look. You get inside reviews, players, podcasts, media content plus all the funny meme type stuff I've posted above. I enjoy that much more than some rando over 40s half pissed SANFL fan thinking hes in the "front bar" posting utter tripe about shit he knows nothing about.

safooty, particular around the SANFL and AFL threads, is dominated by a particular demographic and persona that I don't easily integrate with. I think you all know what I mean by that, however, safooty is far superior and is fantastic for local footy content - I love my D6/D7 threads, which is the predominate reason for why I am here.

You could actually learn a thing or two from those 'rando over 40s half pissed SANFL fans' if you took the time to stop pretending that you are better than everyone else on here.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2535 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:35 pm

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7532 times
Been liked: 10839 times

Postby morell » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:29 pm

amber_fluid wrote:You could actually learn a thing or two from those 'rando over 40s half pissed SANFL fans' if you took the time to stop pretending that you are better than everyone else on here.
Did that hit a bit close to home beigey? C'mon mate you'll be ok. Have another beer. Perhaps a piss and a fart?

I don't think I am better than anyone. I repeatedly said that to each their own - but objectively, BigFooty has more, and in my opinion better, AFL content than safooty.net.

Also note: I am not actually a poster on BigFooty, so I am talking up the work of others, not myself.
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:37 pm

morell wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:You could actually learn a thing or two from those 'rando over 40s half pissed SANFL fans' if you took the time to stop pretending that you are better than everyone else on here.
Did that hit a bit close to home beigey? C'mon mate you'll be ok. Have another beer. Perhaps a piss and a fart?

I don't think I am better than anyone. I repeatedly said that to each their own - but objectively, BigFooty has more, and in my opinion better, AFL content than safooty.net.

Also note: I am not actually a poster on BigFooty, so I am talking up the work of others, not myself.

I love a good piss fart, as long as it doesn't turn into an anxious turn around too quickly, of course.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:43 pm

morell wrote:

You don't piss or fart?

Saying you don't relate or integrate with a particular demographic or persona on here is implying you are better than most on here!

Each to their own though as you said.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:47 pm

morell wrote:

And you'd be the first Port supporter ever who didn't either drink beer, piss or fart.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:14 pm

It's aight amber I don't enjoy the company of 13 year old pubescent girls, 35 year old militant stay at home soccer mums or angry roid popping 21 yr old males either. Not better than any of them though.

Jimmity whillickers all this because I said I like BigFooty better crikey.
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:25 pm

morell wrote:It's aight amber I don't enjoy the company of 13 year old pubescent girls, 35 year old militant stay at home soccer mums or angry roid popping 21 yr old males either. Not better than any of them though.

Jimmity whillickers all this because I said I like BigFooty better crikey.

None of those aforementioned post on here though. ;)
The type of person you originally referred to though would cover a lot of people on here.............

Anyway let's get back to bagging Port!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:56 am

Johnson out and Impey in, surprised but then again I'm not. Hinkley has voiced his love of Impey several times throughout the last few years and this is another display of that. Seems 16 touches and a couple of tackles against Sturt in what I thought was a fairly uninspiring display was enough to get him back in.

Interesting that Trengove didn't come in, he's been solid at worst and really good at best since being dropped. Now we've got Kennedy, Darling and Petrie up front for the Eagles and we've got Howard and Clurey as talls down back, clearly looking to go with pace to get the ball forward and I think we might see Westhoff parked across half back a little tomorrow night.

I do however really like the look of our forward line. S.Gray, Marshall, R.Gray, Impey, Dixon, Wingard....looks a dangerous front 6.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:00 am

I was debating Trengrove with a Port mate the other night. Do you bring him in as a forward again when Marshall is probably giving you more mobility and a foil for Dixon to get more 1 on 1's or do you bring Trengrove in to help down back against WCE tall timber when he hasn't played back pretty much all year?

I think you stick with what has worked the last month.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2640 times
Been liked: 1868 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 am

With Petrie, Mitchell and Priddis in the Eagles side Port clearly think our pace will be more of a weapon than their marking targets and we're backing in Clurey and Howard to get the job done.

While I hope there is plenty left in 2017 for us I'm excited by the future at Port Adelaide. With Dixon (26), Marshall (18), Wines (22), Howard (21), and Clurey (23) as our spine in a final we've earned the right to host at home I think we've got the basis of a sound goal to goal line going forward for the next 5-8 years.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:49 am

i think we have you tomorrow night.

I really do, I think our mids will be too smart for you guys and you'll just bomb away.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby morell » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:20 am

Booney wrote:Johnson out and Impey in, surprised but then again I'm not. Hinkley has voiced his love of Impey several times throughout the last few years and this is another display of that. Seems 16 touches and a couple of tackles against Sturt in what I thought was a fairly uninspiring display was enough to get him back in.

Interesting that Trengove didn't come in, he's been solid at worst and really good at best since being dropped. Now we've got Kennedy, Darling and Petrie up front for the Eagles and we've got Howard and Clurey as talls down back, clearly looking to go with pace to get the ball forward and I think we might see Westhoff parked across half back a little tomorrow night.

I do however really like the look of our forward line. S.Gray, Marshall, R.Gray, Impey, Dixon, Wingard....looks a dangerous front 6.
Don't mind Impey coming in, he's obviously got more experience than Johnson and you would have to say they'd produce the same output but with perhaps Impey being a slight upgrade with that bit of random X Factor about him that in a final could be critical.

Probably would've brought in Trengove strictly as a defender though I agree and wouldn't be at all surprised to see a late out for him. I am not that worried about Petrie more than the lack of flexibility should someone cop an injury. If Clurey or Howard go down we're in serious strife. I actual legit don't know what we'd do. Westhoff would probably have to play as a key defender.
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:36 am

stan wrote:i think we have you tomorrow night.

I really do, I think our mids will be too smart for you guys and you'll just bomb away.

Got to catch us first.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:36 pm

I really think its a massive mistake from Hinkley to not play Trengove. Why wouldnt Trengove just play on Petrie, when Petrie goes to the ruck so does Trengove, pretty simple.
Port always name the correct side so there will be no late change to bring him in. Does this mean Hartlett will have to go to Darling, any other match up for him? I assume, Clurey on Kennedy and the kid on Petrie
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2431 times
Been liked: 1670 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby morell » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:51 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I really think its a massive mistake from Hinkley to not play Trengove. Why wouldnt Trengove just play on Petrie, when Petrie goes to the ruck so does Trengove, pretty simple.
Port always name the correct side so there will be no late change to bring him in. Does this mean Hartlett will have to go to Darling, any other match up for him? I assume, Clurey on Kennedy and the kid on Petrie
Except for the multiple times we had late changes this year you mean?
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:57 pm

I think Clurey on Kennedy and Howard on Petrie but don't see who goes to Darling.

Darling is 191 and strong, Houston is 187 and not, Hartlett is 185 and could compete strength wise and DBJ and Pittard are taking Le Cras and Jetta.

I think Houston then goes to Redden and Hartlett will get Darling...not ideal really.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Hartlett on Darling would be an unmitigated disaster.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL