2015 afl ladder

Talk on the national game

Re: 2015 afl ladder

Postby Coach Bombay » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:04 pm

brisbane will not finish above adeleliade. We were 20 goals better than them this year, and even though they have beams, we will improve again.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Pag wrote:Sydney
Port
Hawthorn
Geelong
North
Freo
Gold Coast
Richmond

West Coast
Essendon
Brisbane
Adelaide
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Carlton
St Kilda
Melbourne

The most erealistic one of the lot. Can't believe all the people who have Geelong 10th and 11th lol. They will be fighting for top 4 again.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 894 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby carey » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:29 pm

Ease up Bum I think it was only a couple who had the Cats out of the 8! I certainly had them in.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Spargo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:45 pm

Sydney
Port
North
Hawthorn
Gold Coast
Geelong
West Coast
Adelaide

Fremantle
Richmond
Essendon
Collingwood
Brisbane
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Melbourne
Carlton
St.Kilda
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5526 times
Been liked: 5160 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:49 pm

carey wrote:Ease up Bum I think it was only a couple who had the Cats out of the 8! I certainly had them in.

That's a couple too many for my liking ;)
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 894 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Psyber » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Adelaide
Power
Freo
West Coast
Suns
GWS
Brissie
Sydney

the rest.

Well a guy can dream - I'd have loved a Melbourne team free 8 to happen when I lived there - the stirring would have been great fun.
(Of course the Melbourne media would resurrect the "Souths" and "Fitzroy" names for the finals then.) ;)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:22 pm

carey wrote:Ease up Bum I think it was only a couple who had the Cats out of the 8! I certainly had them in.

Yes we've topped up with Demon rejects and we'll be making up the numbers in the eight yet again. I'd rather we did a clean out and missed the eight. Not that happy with our trade period.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

Yes we've topped up with Demon rejects and we'll be making up the numbers in the eight yet again. I'd rather we did a clean out and missed the eight. Not that happy with our trade period.

regards,

REB

Yep Geelong have lost the plot with their recruiting this off season.
Clark, Stanley and Blease wouldnt improve a shit side let alone the Cats
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Pag » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Clark will clearly improve them if he plays, the biggest hole in Geelong's side was another key forward to aid Hawkins, and Vardy is coming off an ACL so can't expect much out of him.

Not sold on the other two but if you take out Christensen (who barely played this year anyway) for Clark it's not too bad.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Pag wrote:Clark will clearly improve them if he plays, the biggest hole in Geelong's side was another key forward to aid Hawkins, and Vardy is coming off an ACL so can't expect much out of him.

Not sold on the other two but if you take out Christensen (who barely played this year anyway) for Clark it's not too bad.

We are copying Hawthorn now. I reckon that only works if you've got a good coach. Clarko is the best in the business but Scott hasn't shown a willingness to learn from past mistakes and he doesn't appear to be innovative. Easy from the cheap seats I suppose and we have been spoiled but we should have been prepared to cop a few years out of the eight.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Pag wrote:Clark will clearly improve them if he plays, the biggest hole in Geelong's side was another key forward to aid Hawkins, and Vardy is coming off an ACL so can't expect much out of him.

We are copying Hawthorn now. I reckon that only works if you've got a good coach. Clarko is the best in the business but Scott hasn't shown a willingness to learn from past mistakes and he doesn't appear to be innovative. Easy from the cheap seats I suppose and we have been spoiled but we should have been prepared to cop a few years out of the eight.

regards,

REB

I don't mind missing the 8 if we are rebuilding for the future.

when we missed finals previously we were good enough to not completely bomb out and win the spoon
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:23 am

I think Cats will certainly return to the top 4, but not this year. I've got them in 8th.
Got some great kids coming through.
I reckon you're right about Chris Scott, REB.
He and his bro are the same. They seem too reactive to me, relying on the stars to get the job done.
If they don't, then there doesn't seem to be much of a plan B.
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:29 am

Most will agree on the top 4-6 and bottom 4-6, so, how about we put our onions on the line with 2 bolters and 2 shockers?

I think Adelaide and Gold Coast will be the bolters,

I think Carlton and ( may surprise here ) Fremantle will be the two that drop away the most.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby GWW » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:19 pm

I think Freo will still be up there, but Richmond may perhaps finish worse than 9th.

If Port win 2 or 3 of first 5, will be ok, but if they struggle early on, may affect ability to finish top 4, and could be fighting for 8th spot at end of season. Hope Im wrong though :)
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:56 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

I don't mind missing the 8 if we are rebuilding for the future.

when we missed finals previously we were good enough to not completely bomb out and win the spoon

There were two very handy seasons for Geelong even though they weren't much fun at the time. We stupidly picked up a bunch of hacks in 2001 and missed the finals. In 2002 we drafted well and laid the foundations of our successful period. In 2006 we stunk up the place and that got the hunger into the group. Looking back though (and many have said this), Geelong were overrated in 2005 and underrated in 2006.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:57 pm

GWW wrote:I think Freo will still be up there, but Richmond may perhaps finish worse than 9th.

If Port win 2 or 3 of first 5, will be ok, but if they struggle early on, may affect ability to finish top 4, and could be fighting for 8th spot at end of season. Hope Im wrong though :)

Are you kidding Port will smash it next season. They could win the whole thing.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
GWW wrote:I think Freo will still be up there, but Richmond may perhaps finish worse than 9th.

regards,

REB

imho port will finish 5th again...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:00 pm

Booney wrote:Most will agree on the top 4-6 and bottom 4-6, so, how about we put our onions on the line with 2 bolters and 2 shockers?

I think Carlton and ( may surprise here ) Fremantle will be the two that drop away the most.

I'd say both the Coasts (still don't rate the Cows) with Freo and Geelong to take a tumble. Both of us look ripe for it. Freo haven't even recruited anyone and seem overly reliant on a few blokes and our top ups have massive question marks on them.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:01 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

imho port will finish 5th again...

Who do you have above Port wubbsy?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:Most will agree on the top 4-6 and bottom 4-6, so, how about we put our onions on the line with 2 bolters and 2 shockers?

I'd say both the Coasts (still don't rate the Cows) with Freo and Geelong to take a tumble. Both of us look ripe for it. Freo haven't even recruited anyone and seem overly reliant on a few blokes and our top ups have massive question marks on them.

regards,

REB

West Coast were my other pick, with Adelaide.

I think Adelaide have a very potent forward half, with good supply they can kick big scores. Not dissimilar to West Coast, actually.

Yes, the Catters were my other slider. I think Carlton will be bottom 3 next year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL