2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Talk on the national game

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Postby valleys07 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:30 am

Booney wrote:Poor **** in list management, get kicked for doing nothing and then improve our position in the this draft considerably and get kicked for doing so.

If I can borrow someone from here's crystal ball I'd appreciate it.

The only way this will be beneficial to us, is by nabbing a ready made KPF player in the Battle mould (I think Marshall and Kerr are still a way off), and finish 3-8 next year.

I believe we are likely to miss the finals, and if we end up drafting 3 mids/flanker types this year and miss out on a developing KPF next year with a top 10 pick, it's a flop.

But you are right, it's a trade that we won't know whether it's successful until early 2020's.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:32 am

Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Watch us on trade 30 for a Greenwood.

That will piss me off, he's a hack. Even North were smart enough to move him on and they're clueless.

Err, he was second for us in tackles for 2016. And I'm pretty sure he was in the league top five for tackles inside 50m. Given you blokes are a pack of skirts, you could use someone willing to go to contest :lol:

I was disappointed to hear he was trade bait for those exact reasons.
We need hardness around the ball and he was valuable in that area last season, if no one else was.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:40 am

Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:

That will piss me off, he's a hack. Even North were smart enough to move him on and they're clueless.

Err, he was second for us in tackles for 2016. And I'm pretty sure he was in the league top five for tackles inside 50m. Given you blokes are a pack of skirts, you could use someone willing to go to contest :lol:

Port ranked 3rd for average tackles per game.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:41 am

valleys07 wrote:
Booney wrote:Poor **** in list management, get kicked for doing nothing and then improve our position in the this draft considerably and get kicked for doing so.

If I can borrow someone from here's crystal ball I'd appreciate it.

The only way this will be beneficial to us, is by nabbing a ready made KPF player in the Battle mould (I think Marshall and Kerr are still a way off), and finish 3-8 next year.

I believe we are likely to miss the finals, and if we end up drafting 3 mids/flanker types this year and miss out on a developing KPF next year with a top 10 pick, it's a flop.

But you are right, it's a trade that we won't know whether it's successful until early 2020's.

But wait, what? You mean all these people going ape droppings over this can't be doing so with any real substance?

Well, I'll be....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:48 am

Point is this Boon. We find ourselves in a position of higher risk of failing through poor contract management.

Our first mistake was signing players like Hartlett & Lobbe to 4+ year deals on the back of 1 good season. Now we want to flog them off on the back of their "true form" and whilst trade value is there (Hartlett in particular), no clubs will touch them because of their contract size.

I'd rather us improve our position in the draft by ridding ourselves of expendable players than sacrificing our position in a draft where players in a position of need for us will be readily available, and of high quality.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:53 am

valleys07 wrote:Point is this Boon. We find ourselves in a position of higher risk of failing through poor contract management.

Our first mistake was signing players like Hartlett & Lobbe to 4+ year deals on the back of 1 good season. Now we want to flog them off on the back of their "true form" and whilst trade value is there (Hartlett in particular), no clubs will touch them because of their contract size.

I'd rather us improve our position in the draft by ridding ourselves of expendable players than sacrificing our position in a draft where players in a position of need for us will be readily available, and of high quality.

Of course, but if no **** is buying then what do you do? You improve your position in the draft in front of us.

List management do nothing over the last 7 days to improve our position in this years draft and cop it, they get 3 picks inside the top 30 and cop it.

Players like Lobbe and Hartlett have been written off by the arm chair experts, so it must be true. From what I know a couple of pretty proud blokes will be setting themselves for a much improved 2017. We'll see, I guess.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:55 am

Lewis officially a Demon. Melbourne gave up a packet of crisps for him virtually
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3563 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:58 am

Jim05 wrote:Lewis officially a Demon. Melbourne gave up a packet of crisps for him virtually

Tom Mitchell's role at the Hawks just got a bit tougher. 5th midfielder at the Swans - now in top 2 at Hawks and will get a lot more attention.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby stan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:00 am

Geez we can hang shit on Port for there trade but christ they didnt just trade out a B&F for pick 88 and there vice captain for pick 61....

Oh and brought in Vickery on big coin with Tom Mitchell and a kid that hasnt played for 2 years
Last edited by stan on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:02 am

Jim05 wrote:Lewis officially a Demon. Melbourne gave up a packet of crisps for him virtually

While Melbourne are on the improve they aren't really here and now in premiership discussions, are they? Lewis will be 31 in March next year and the only thing that moves quickly with him is his bald spot encroaching on the rest of his head.

Seems like an odd trade for the Dees for mine and with Hawthorn in fire sale mode they'll take the picks and run.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:04 am

What would I do personally?

Cop our draft position sweet this season, and if we happen to make the 8 next season, then great, if not- pocket all the picks for the draft.

It's a midfielders draft this year. Now we are likely to secure a decent inside mid with 9. Unless we grab Battle, 19 and 30 won't be beneficial to our first 22 next year, nor is our player at pick 9 likely to.

Dixon doesn't fill me with much faith despite it being a trade we needed to make. I would have liked us had a top 10 pick next year to draft a high quality forward.

valleys07
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:05 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

Tom Mitchell's role at the Hawks just got a bit tougher. 5th midfielder at the Swans - now in top 2 at Hawks and will get a lot more attention.

Yep. Ran riot at the swans because he could.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:11 am

Booney wrote:
Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:

Port ranked 3rd for average tackles per game.

Easy to be high in the average tackles per game when you are second to the ball
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:14 am

Brodlach wrote:Easy to be high in the average tackles per game when you are second to the ball

Sydney were second for tackles per game.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:20 am

Booney wrote:

While Melbourne are on the improve they aren't really here and now in premiership discussions, are they? Lewis will be 31 in March next year and the only thing that moves quickly with him is his bald spot encroaching on the rest of his head.

Seems like an odd trade for the Dees for mine and with Hawthorn in fire sale mode they'll take the picks and run.

Pretty good engineroom for the Dees now, and Hibberd should be a decent addition across halfback.

I wouldn't have them in the premiership equation, but most wouldn't have had the Dogs there before the season started either I guess
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:25 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:

Pretty good engineroom for the Dees now, and Hibberd should be a decent addition across halfback.

I wouldn't have them in the premiership equation, but most wouldn't have had the Dogs there before the season started either I guess

Dogs were $16 to win it at the start of '16. ( Melbourne are currently $26 )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:27 am

Booney wrote:Port ranked 3rd for average tackles per game.

I'd be interested to see how that tackles per game average compares in wins and losses - i can recall the Power making a large number of tackles in matches where they brought their A game and won the match.. but games they lost i cant imagine the numbers would be very flattering?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4040 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:33 am

Booney wrote:

Whilst they mightn't win a flag in the three years Lewis is there, his experience & know how that he can pass on is immeasurable. Having a four time premiership player at your club who is still easily in most teams starting 22 can only be a good thing.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5531 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:19 pm

Collingwood into Lynden Dunn.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:19 pm

Hamling goes to the dockers for a 2nd rounder and some late swaps..

The Dockers sent pick 35, 43 and 61 to the Bulldogs in exchange for Hamling, pick 40 and pick 63.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL