Search found more than 1112 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Yep, godlesness abounds because we were given a choice and the majority choose to live without God.
I would've thought God would've been more forthright in telling his human servants that they've done the wrong thing by rejecting him, like actually appearing to us and saying so, as opposed to sending sneaky messages like giving babies cancer or natural disasters or whatever and hoping that we will join the dots.
by Magellan
Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

woodublieve12 wrote:BOONEY DOES WAH WAH'S BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID "I HOPE HE'S OK"

Looking forward to hearing Booney's groovy licks.
by Magellan
Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2014

My money is that these photos reveal that Dane Swan has his name tattooed on his old fella.

However, it will also reveal his name is mis-spelt.
by Magellan
Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The meh/not good/not bad movies

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:There's more to your checklist than a simple 1,2,3

Sure is! That's '123' as 'one hundred and twenty three'. And that's not counting the fine print and dietary requirements at the end. ;)
by Magellan
Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Yep - the AFL obviously very concerned about the impact to State League clubs by limiting to one player from any club, and having have to have played in the AFL within the last two years.

Further inspection of the fine print however reveals that both criteria can be ignored if the AFL sees fit to approve... will be very interesting to see how that pans out.
http://i.imgur.com/OVEOLfL.jpg
by Magellan
Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just saw on the news the bombers looking at Johnson, thanks for the 50 k red legs
North are a laughing stock on field but if all that money in your clubs coffers comfort you at night good luck
Now hang on a sec there, Jim.

The money in our coffers provides us with excessive levels of on-field comfort during the daytime as well, and usually from about 2pm on match days. ;)
by Magellan
Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Grenville wrote:Alan Rickman gone. Hans Gruber will always be one of my favourite movie villains.

Absolutely. One of the reasons why "Die Hard" is one the best action films ever.
by Magellan
Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have a world of bugs. You can spray for spiders 100% of your property today. But they float down from trees and they will be there tomorrow. Over time they build up a resistance to poisons, as we build up a resistance to anti-biotics. Bugs are here to stay. I work in a nursing home and one of my jobs is to keep spider webs away. Hahaha it's like painting the harbour bridge, it never ends. And then there are bird lovers that say, You cant spray there.... Then my boss says, how come there are spider webs here... We all have to live to
gether.. Ants of any denomination, will return. More ants than humans on earth... From the moment you spray, you kill the good bugs like prey mantis..
Do you wear a mask when you use these poisons & sprays?
I suspect he uses this, whether it's to catch the bugs or 'mellow out' beforehand:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2b/64/c8/2b64c8eaa3fc33044174eea73c9a8e8a.jpg
by Magellan
Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide radio industry - General Discussion

The 5AA sports show demonstrates what happens to the quality of a product in a market with no competition. Such a pity the SEN experiment didn't work a few years back.

Also shows in hindsight how good KG and Cornsey were.
Good call. Makes you realise that 5AA's sports show has fallen a long, long way, especially if you consider pre-Cornes (1994 IIRC) when the show was hosted by KG and Hooksey.
by Magellan
Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Cheers. Going with the outlaws ( a not so cultured bunch ) so it should be interesting watching them feeding from the trough.

https://thoughtcatalog.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/homer-simpsonnew.jpg?w=600&h=400
Hope they don't run dry. You could be in for a long night...

Lionel Hutz: Mrs. Simpson, in your own words, please tell us what happened after you and your husband were ejected from the restaurant.

Marge: We pretty much went straight home.

Lionel Hutz: Remember, Mrs. Simpson, you're still under oath.

Marge: We drove around until 3:00 in the morning looking for another open all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant.

Lionel Hutz: And when you couldn't find any?

Marge: (crying) We went fishing!

Lionel Hutz: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, does this sounds like a man who had "all he could eat"?
by Magellan
Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

According to my electric two-way bell-type internet machine, a group of minstrels called "The 1975" will be employing some off-key caterwauling at Thebby tonight. I suspect they bear minimal resemblance to the year used in their moniker.

Still, sounds like there's plenty of good reasons to attend nonetheless.
by Magellan
Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: where are they now? Ex-SANFL players

Interesting article from last year about former North champion John Riley, what he's doing now and his (very) brief stint at Footscray in the early 80s.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-01/the-man-mick-almost-coached

A smart man off the field, but also a very smart player. Not often the two combine, I must say. As a youngster watching North in the mid 80s it was sort of inspiring to know that it was possible someone could be both.
by Magellan
Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Song Tag

David Lee Roth - "Ladies' Night in Buffalo?"

by Magellan
Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Friday funny time.

Watched "Richard Pryor Live at the Sunset Strip" on New Year's Eve (yep, I know how to party like it's 1982). His performance is a bit patchy in spots, but this segment of the show, where he relates his interaction with the mafia owners of a venue as a young comedian, is absolutely hilarious. Enjoy.

m3D6Qc6uByo
by Magellan
Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Menzel's done three pre-seasons, so by now he should have an idea of what's expected of a professional footballer. I would've thought a new player keen to impress and gain selection would keep fit, even when on leave from club duties. Going too hard and not completing a 2km run would suggest a lack of fitness.

Mind you, he has been injury prone, so perhaps he's simply injured as opposed to being a bit porky after Christmas. If it's the latter, the Crows have every right to be disappointed. By the same token, if it's the former, then he probably shouldn't be running time trials.
by Magellan
Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:Cranking some Faith no More tunes on a Friday morning.

Now I'm thirsty.... :lol:

by Magellan
Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You'd think a guy called "HItler Mussolini" would have put a bigger dent into Brazil's infamously high crime rate. Perhaps they could could get him on board to help exterminate the Zika virus.

BTW, some crackingly hilarious names there. Dr Whet Faartz wins for mine (just), purely for the toilet humour factor, but then again I am impressed with the elegant simplicity of Moe Lester.
by Magellan
Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Terry Wogan made Eurovision worth watching. The subtle p!sstake of either the venue city, the upcoming country's performer, or calling our the dodgy bloc-voting that went on between those countries that were either allied or enemies.

Regardless of the location, I always got the impression Wogan was commentating Eurovision in a BBC studio with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

RIP Terry.
by Magellan
Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Indeed MT. The beauty of Eurovision was we watched as outsiders from the other side of the world, peeking into something bizarre that we didn't understand, and Terry Wogan explained it to us in his somewhat dismissive and sarcastic manner.

I can't stand how Australia has participated as a contestant in the last year or so. Now we're actually part of it, which makes no geographic or cultural sense.
by Magellan
Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's some Terry banter from the 2000 Eurovision, plus IMHO a great song.

by Magellan
Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Terry Wogan made Eurovision worth watching. The subtle p!sstake of either the venue city, the upcoming country's performer, or calling our the dodgy bloc-voting that went on between those countries that were either allied or enemies.

Regardless of the location, I always got the impression Wogan was commentating Eurovision in a BBC studio with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

RIP Terry.

Terry Wogan kept Eurovision alive/relevant as a cultural icon.
I, kind of, get the feeling that had he not commentated on Eurovision in that fashion, our interest in it may well have been dead years ago.
I think you're right. The interest that Eurovision now has garnered in Australia, which is now broadcast with our own commentary (IIRC), stems from his influence. Sadly, the subtle irony that Wogan used to make the broadcast entertaining is being missed, which is the point.
by Magellan
Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:Dixie Normous is my favourite. They'd have to be taking the piss with that.

Can't leave out the famed American jazz pianist Dick Hyman.

by Magellan
Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A 2007 Renault kangoo
Until I just googled that I thought (a) you'd misspelt the name of a marsupial, and (b) why would anyone name a car after a kangaroo?

On that note, there are some sh!t names for cars these days. What the f**k is a "Tiida" meant to be? Cars used to inspire prestige, now they have names that sound like your child's first words.
by Magellan
Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Songs about Australia

It's not a song per se, but Austen Tayshus's hit single "Australiana" IMO deserves a spin.
by Magellan
Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CENTURION wrote:
holden78 wrote:Those 3 clubs may well fit right in along with the ammo's by season's end....... realistically ;) :twisted:

why drop Us in with those 2 losers??

I was going to say the same thing. ;)
by Magellan
Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

I know it's not strictly a TV show, but it's on the telly right now, and it's an absolutely hilarious movie classic.

The Big Lebowski.
by Magellan
Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why did Michael Nunan leave Sturt?

Thanks to a heads-up from mal, here's an answer from a few year's ago from a 1978 thread.
Unfortunately (for his Sturt career), he realized that there was more to life than football and in 1978 he missed several games at the start of the season while he was undertaking an overseas study tour. When he returned, Jack Oatey told Mick that he was no longer wanted at Sturt as he (Jack) only wanted players who were dedicated to the cause (or words to that effect). Nunan didn't want to leave and I'm sure he would've given Sturt his all for the rest of the season. One can understand both points of view, but in such a situation the coach must always win and Mick was off to Norwood. Incredibly Sturt club chairman David Wark found it necessary to publicly say that "During recent years it has become obvious the philosophies of Mike Nunan have no longer been compatible with the Sturt Football Club."
by Magellan
Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Academies

Mr Beefy wrote:I'm baffled by the url: ....adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/michelangelo-rucci/....

I think the bit you've highlighted is what you type in to access the 'dark net'.
by Magellan
Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Academies

What's goal umpiring got to do with....ah, I see what you've done Mr Boon. :lol:
by Magellan
Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Denis Cometti Retiring

I agree. He brings a sharp wit and a clever turn of phrase to footy commentary, which these days often reduces to blokes barracking in a pub (anyone at 5AA) or desperately injecting hype into bland matches (hello, Dwayne Russell, Eddie McGuire, and James Brayshaw)) rather than actually commenting on what's happening in the game.

Off topic, but did anyone else notice the difference in commentary between Ch9 and Sky NZ in the cricket? It was like chalk and cheese. The sky boys talked about cricket
The Ch 9 team talked about cheese? Surprisingly highbrow for them, perhaps they're trying to cut MKR's lunch (pun a bit intended).
by Magellan
Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Booney wrote::shock:

US of What the ****?

And you thought catholic priests knew how to abuse children.
by Magellan
Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:The things I'd do with that stethoscope

You're at liberty to do anything you want with it, Nurse Eunice can't hear a damn thing.
by Magellan
Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

woodublieve12 wrote:Maybe Sam Newman is to blame for Garry's depression. Showing the broken leg and all those fat kid dancing footage on the footy show all the time

Or having to share hosting rights with a w@nker like Brayshaw.

PS @MW - I think WUB was taking the mickey. ;)
by Magellan
Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know if this is made up or not. Still funny though.

In a nutshell (or a nutcase more like, to quote Basil Fawlty), a mum in England bought some lite milk from Coles by accident, and then wanted to exchange it (her kids don't drink lite milk, you see) so she took it to Woolies, who promptly refused to refund it on the basis she bought it from Coles. The Mum doesn't get why the exchange can't occur ("it's just milk so I don't see the problem") and then posts away on social media to let the world know why Woolies suck. The socialmedia-verse responds appropriately.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3443674/Mother-complains-Woolworths-refused-exchange-COLES-brand-milk.html
by Magellan
Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

Bad news for the Bays, hope they can turn it around. The Snaffle needs a strong Glenelg IMO (to be honest, all clubs need to be strong going forward). I presume their pokies are located at the Bay Oval clubrooms - do they need a strategy to move them to a more accommodating area?

PS Loved the Richmond package from 1991 - reckon I saw David Honybun (no. 42?) in there somewhere. It's not often you get a player with a surname the same as a cutesy nickname for your girlfriend .

Rubbish, don't you remember John Ironmonger?
You did spend your teen years in the Port, didn't you. ;)
by Magellan
Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

I'm not sure you can say Lyon 'makes a living' off of other's private lives. That suggests a level of exploitation which I don't think exists. Lyon doesn't muckrake for 'Woman's Day', isn't an invasive paparazzi photographer, doesn't rummages through people's rubbish to find a story, nor is a "foot in the door" Today Tonight style 'journalist'.

As Booney rightly said, part of his job as a footy commentator and talking head on Nine is to discuss the current issues in footy. That naturally includes on field stuff, but also the off field issues. I'm not aware of Lyon saying anything vicious about off field issues. He's certainly expressed his views, but then who hasn't, and isn't that what he get's paid to do, which is talk about whatever issues the Footy Show want discussed?
by Magellan
Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Season 2 of "Better Call Saul" has started to air on Stan. Watched the first episode last night, and it's up to the high standard set by Season 1. Worth a look if you've watched Breaking Bad or not.
by Magellan
Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure if it's been reported earlier in this thread, but the Eagles and Bloods made losses last year of $332,000 and $283,000 respectively. :(

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/financial-woes-hit-2015-sanfl-grand-finalists/news-story/ffda59be9ab937bd05b349aadb6ae75a

I also watched a news story on Channel Nine last night (not that you could legitimately call it a 'story', since it ran for about 15 seconds and would've had no more than twenty words in the script) which highlighted Glenelg's unfortunate financial position, and in fact went as far as questioning the club's solvency. This of course followed an enlightening piece of Crows news about "the next Andrew McLeod" (whoever it was, good luck son, talk about putting the moccas on) and something about Scott Thompson (perhaps this year he'll become the oldest player in AFL history to consistently miss targets by foot? I dunno, I had the sound turned down).

It's funny that the media seems keen to jump on these 'bad' news stories about the Snaffle clubs like a kid on a trampoline. I don't recall any news stores on mainstream news media about North Adelaide's second consecutive year of $300,000 plus profits, or better still Sturt who I understand recently turned a profit from a loss last year (I stand to be corrected on that) through some savvy cost-cutting and raising funds via the selling of picket fences at Unley Oval. These stories deserve at least some oxygen in the football media landscape.
by Magellan
Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At least we'll have a national women's team to barrack for (AWFL?) to replace our SANFL clubs once they've all gone bust.
Is that the Australian Women's Football United League?

F*** Off! We're the United Womens Football League of Australia!!
http://isme.ie/assets/270683365_1d59a78b57_o_zps481e743d-300x171.jpg
Splitter!!
by Magellan
Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel her pain, I've not touched an ice cream since I last 'lacked toast in toddler ant'.
by Magellan
Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL 2016 draw

I'll get over the AFL teams the minute they stop polluting the integrity of the SANFL and rogering its long-term viability.
by Magellan
Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perhaps Glenelg would still be up the creek if the interlopers had never been admitted, perhaps not. Certainly one thing would be different if Chiggy (and his mates on the SANFL commission) had voted NO: Glenelg would be facing death on its feet, instead of on its knees.
This thought crossed my mind when the North Adelaide hierarchy 'consulted' with its members in late 2013 (read: telling the membership why Bohdan was going to vote yes).

At that time I decided to accept the possibility that the SANFL was no longer 'immortal', or something that would exist in perpetuity for other generations to enjoy and for its traditions to continue. I accepted that a 'no' vote could mean the SANFL, as an integral competition in the same form and spirit as it had operated for over a century, one day might be eventually overrun and subsumed by the wave of public support that buoys the AFL competition and in particular the two AFL clubs in this state. The landscape of footy in this state has shifted significantly, albeit somewhat glacially, in the last quarter of a century. If the comp closed shop due to lack of interest, irrelevance or financial catastrophes in time, then so be it. The ride had been f**king fantastic and forces beyond mine or others' control would've spoken. Footy democracy would've spoken. If people in the next ten to fifteen years overwhelmingly want AFL and can't be bothered with the SANFL, then (sadly) that's hard to argue against.

After all, and without being too dramatic or personal, we all have to face this kind of prospect in our own lives. I didn't want a compromised competition with the Power and Crows playing the part of its life-support system artificially propping it up, in a different, mutant form than you had grown accustomed to, even if that mean it would 'survive'. You probably wouldn't wish it on your pet, or a loved one. Go out on your own terms, with dignity. As Pseudo says, better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

We now have the worst possible outcome with at least one club on its knees going towards the wall. The insult is that (a) the much promised life-support system is doing nothing to help the comp and its teams, and (b) it has proven to be a complete crock (which most of us suspected) so quickly.
by Magellan
Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it an offence if a cyclist uses their mobile phone to take a photo whilst stopped at traffic lights?
Yes.

Regulation 300 of the Australian Road Rules states:

The driver of a vehicle must not use a mobile phone while the vehicle is moving, or is stationary but not parked , unless—

(a) the phone is being used to make or receive a phone call (other than a text message, video message, email or similar communication) and the body of the phone—

(i) is secured in a mounting affixed to the vehicle while being so used; or

(ii) is not secured in a mounting affixed to the vehicle and is not being held by the driver, and the use of the phone does not require the driver, at any time while using it, to press any thing on the body of the phone or to otherwise manipulate any part of the body of the phone; or

(ab) the phone is being used as a driver's aid and—

(i) the body of the phone is secured in a mounting affixed to the vehicle while being so used; and

(ii) the use of the phone does not require the driver, at any time while using it, to press any thing on the body of the phone or otherwise to manipulate any part of the body of the phone; or

(b) the vehicle is an emergency vehicle or a police vehicle; or

(c) the driver is exempt from this rule under another law of this jurisdiction.

A 'vehicle' is defined to include a bicycle. Whilst the Rules distinguish between ‘drivers’ and ‘riders’ (with bicyclists being ‘riders’), a reference to a "driver" includes a reference to a rider, and a reference to "driving" includes a reference to riding.
by Magellan
Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL 2016 draw

Yes I follow the crows in the afl but rarely watch them and never go the their games as I'm north 100%
The Crows are one club with two teams that participate in the AFL and the SANFL competitions. But make no mistake, it's the one club. Players from the SANFL side one week can (and do) play in the AFL side the next, and vice versa.

In essence, you are supporting two sides in the same comp at once, and to that end, you are conflicted. So when you attend a North-Crows SANFL match, are you saying that you barrack against the Crows?

I most certainly barrack for the Panthers over the Crows, hope we belt the crap out of them. I'll go to the SANFL if both my sides (Crows A's) were playing at the same time too....
I understand wcp, and each to their own. But here’s the thing I don’t get about supporting the Crows and an SANFL side at the same time.

By saying one of your sides is the Crows A's is, IMO, artificially separating the A's from the B's. These teams both represent the one club, and comprise players on the one roster. As footy fans, we support a club, an organisation that represents something, not a particular team from within a club.

You barrack for South Adelaide. Presumably you support the club across all its league, reserves, and junior teams? It would be very unusual for someone to support South's league side, but refuse to carry this allegiance to their reserves side because they also had support (for whatever reason) for Glenelg, for example. However, this is what happens when people say they support the ‘Crows A’s.’

A bit like religion, I don't get it, but everyone's entitled to their own take on it.
by Magellan
Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Who's the poster who's gone into hiding?

Anyhoo, I would've thought that Glenelg's prickly financial situation is more a fault of the board and less to do with the introduction of the AFL reserves sides (although this would be a factor in falling revenue like lower memberships and match-day attendances).

What is the $3 million debt owed to the council and the bank for?
by Magellan
Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Surely tha SANFL is not wavering on new rule change

It's not going to save the SANFL by any means, but I'm hoping this new rule in conjunction with the reduced stoppages rule (which I think is the reform which should promote better footy) might result in more direct and attacking standard of play. That said, I tend to agree with Booney that in and of itself this type of rule is a bit alien to the idiosyncrasies of our game.
by Magellan
Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When is the last time you've seen a black person paint their face white to portray a white celebrity?
Not celebrities, but here's a couple of examples of 'whiteface':

1987 - "Coming to America"

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/C31H3OULMmo/hqdefault.jpg

Early-mid 2000s - Dave Chappelle

http://img.youtube.com/vi/KWueXbrRvLQ/0.jpg
by Magellan
Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On "The Project" last night there was a story about Liz Cambage and her disgust at her Opals team mate posting images of herself with her face painted black at a fancy dress party, she was Kanye West at the party.

Now, I'll say it now, I don't think she was "being" racist, but it could be seen as a racist act. I'm not sure 100% of coloured people would see it that way, but it doesn't matter, if Ms Cambage saw it that way, that's her call.

But aren't we all different, would someone white dressed in Yeezy clothing not look like Kanye? Of course they wouldn't, we are all different. So this story highlighted that, among other things, we can't acknowledge that we are different.

Now it's get humorous.

The next "story" is of a hijab wearing muslim ballerina in Sydney who is making an impression on people in the dance world, the story was all about how "different" people can still make their way in this world, how people who look different to "us" can still be like "us". ( I assume "us" is white westerners, not humans, she wear a hijab that's all, she is human like the rest of us )

Is it me, or have we all gone completely ******* mad?
The Project is rubbish. I wonder how long it'll take before Waleed Aly cashes in his Channel 10 chips and does something with more substance, like co-host a show with Andrew Bolt (IIRC his timeslot's now free). ;)
by Magellan
Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I read through the comments section of that article against my better judgment. I really should've known better.
by Magellan
Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |