Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: SANFL Anzac Day footy No TV or Radio?

And what if you are driving around in the car? or if you are a Digger at home with no internet?

More disrespect shown by the media and the SANFL to its own competition.
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5: West v Eagles - Monday 25 April @ Adelaide Oval

I can't remember the attendances on ANZAC day for the past few years, but should make interesting reading, in particular Central v Norwood a few years back and Norwood v Port, not so long ago.

The following are the Anzac Day crowds for the years 2011-2015

2011 Central District vs Norwood - Adelaide Oval 6,358
2012 Woodville West Torrens vs Central District - Woodville Oval 4,054
2013 Norwood vs West Adelaide - Norwood Oval 6,038
2014 Norwood vs North Adelaide - Adelaide Oval 10,014
2015 Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Adelaide Oval 5,526

NB The Port vs Norwood game was played at 7:10 p.m. on Friday, April 24th

I don't have the crowd for this year, but I believe that the two Grand Finalists have earned the right to play at Adelaide Oval on Anzac Day.

One of the biggest mistakes I think the league made was when they took that right away from the two Grand Finalists in 1986 and played Port and Norwood instead. It took about 8 or 9 years to get the tradition back. How can clubs with lesser supporter bases develop support if they aren't given the premium dates if they have earned them.
by robranisgod
Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

election posters being upon power poles/light posts already..... isnt it about time these were banned? what a colossal waste of resources
by tipper
Mon May 09, 2016 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7: North v Adelaide - Sunday 8 May @ Prospect Oval

Ravens are an average outfit. There's a couple of really tall players who are about as useless as a hip pocket on a singlet. Would've sworn they played their first ever Australian rules match this afternoon. Perhaps some of their fans can confirm for me once the wild celebrations have died down at West Lakes.

Anyone got a crowd figure? I say less than a thousand. Reckon today be my last hurrah in watching these farcical 'matches'. I just can' t be f**ked anymore.

Bitter and twisted followed by a big dose of ignorance :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:
Now, now, no need to stoop to personal attacks.

Can't you simply enjoy and take pride in your professionally paid, full-time trained reserves side's last gasp victory in game that they use for purely for development purposes over a bunch of lowly paid part-timers for what it is?
by Magellan
Mon May 09, 2016 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 chit chat

Joke of a deliberate call. Butler tried to keep it in but the ball bounced the wrong way

OMFG ! :shock:

Just saw the replay of that.

No doubt the WORST WORST WORST deliberate out of bounds call i have EVER seen.

That umpire is an UTTER DISGRACE for making that call and obviously has no feel or understanding for the game whatsoever !
Cost West Coast a goal.
Seriously, it would be an utter embarrassment if a decision like that was paid in a Grand Final and cost a team a flag.

Decisions like that is why i rarely watch footy these days because it just makes a farce of the game.
Easier just to watch a few of the highlights to save the frustration.
by jackpot jim
Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11 - Norwood v Adelaide @ Coopers

another grub wrote:Givd us some insight fester. Where the legs going to win it?

Norwood Oval.
by fester69
Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: England vs Sri Lanka

And we see another example of a poor review system. Pradeep clean bowls Hales but ump calls no ball. On replay it was a clear legitimate ball but bowler can't review it and ump can't overturn it.
Yet every time a batsman is dismissed they check for a no ball

Just seen it.
Yep, Agree.
The system has become a joke.
Its inexcusable for an umpire to call a No Ball when its actually NOT !
Would rather see them err on the side of not calling them knowing that there will be a review if the do make a mistake off a ball a wicket falls.
Theres 2 ways to solve this issue.
1/ Bowlers should always have some part of their foot COMFORTABLY behind the line to take any doubt out of the mind of the umpire.
2/ Umpires not to call No Balls for overstepping at all and just leave it solely to the 3rd umpire to review every ball

Now Cook has been caught in front LBW but wasnt given out. Sri Lanka havent reviewed it becos of losing a review just a few overs earlier for a close LBW. Ball tracker shows it hitting in line and going on to smash into the stumps.
2 blokes still out there batting when neither should be, :roll:
Surely its not that hard to put a system in place with the technology available to get the RIGHT decisions.
by jackpot jim
Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

England vs Sri Lanka

And we see another example of a poor review system. Pradeep clean bowls Hales but ump calls no ball. On replay it was a clear legitimate ball but bowler can't review it and ump can't overturn it.
Yet every time a batsman is dismissed they check for a no ball
by Jim05
Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greyhound racing banned in NSW from 1st July 2017

For me this is a very short sighted, easy decision.

$90 million is generated by the greyhound industry in NSW back to the state government. This money will no longer be generated.

10,000 people are employed by the industry (through direct and indirect employment). obviously this will increase unemployment and welfare payments.

If the NSW government don't need the $90 million and the health and safety of the dogs is their priority, what should happen is this.

the $90million per year should do this.

1) Employ a greater number of stewards and investigators to actually try and punish the offenders, not the entire industry

2) Build some expansive retirement kennels for all the greyhounds which aren't taken in the Greyhound adoption program. This will mean more builders are employed and once the kennels are up and running more people will be employed to ruin the kennels.

Doing the above will achieve so many great outcomes for everyone (except those who do do the wrong thing, or those with ulterior motives) basically better animal protection and more jobs

1) More employment with the new stewards and investigators
2) Saves up to 10,000 industry jobs
3) Creates more infrastructure projects through the building of the retirement kennels
4) Creates more jobs through staffing the retirement kennels
5) Less live baiting/animal cruelty with the extra scrutiny of the new stewards and investigators
6) No deaths of the dogs that are apparently slaughtered due to not being fast enough
7) As more dogs are alive more vets, dog food etc is needed so that will create more jobs in the economy
by MAY-Z
Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 - Glenelg v Norwood @ Glenelg Sunday

Amazes me how they pick out the odd holding the ball. No consistancy whatsoever
by another grub
Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We should never have been in a position for an umpire to decide a match.
But the last two bullshit frees to Rioli sadly highlight the standard of umpiring in the SANFL.
I'm devastated by the result, but I might be more devastated by my realisation the SANFL is dying.

That's the worst crowd number I've ever been a part of. Somehow the numbers will be fudged to save the SANFL from total embarrassment but the 938 at Noarlunga puts this crowd to shame. 800 if lucky.
Norwood's front running fans given up and Glenelg supporters knowing their club is on death's door not bothering to turn up.
Sad situation all round.
by fester69
Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But the last two bullshit frees to Rioli sadly highlight the standard of umpiring in the SANFL.
I'm devastated by the result, but I might be more devastated by my realisation the SANFL is dying.

That's the worst crowd number I've ever been a part of. Somehow the numbers will be fudged to save the SANFL from total embarrassment but the 938 at Noarlunga puts this crowd to shame. 800 if lucky.
Norwood's front running fans given up and Glenelg supporters knowing their club is on death's door not bothering to turn up.
Sad situation all round.

A bit harsh. Arctic weather, live TV and lots of AFL on TV. Why would anyone come out. I must say the free at the end was harsh considering the condition. Even if the free was there, the good umpires have a feel for the game at crucial times. No one would have complained with a ball up.
by goddy11
Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sad situation all round.

Sour grapes and too many lemons

Not the umps fault the player made no attempt
Pay them all ******* day day then!
Was about 50 worse ones that that during the day that went unpunished. And don't get me started on that free to Rioli where he dived
by Jim05
Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Holding the Ball

the worst rule in football by a mile
by stampy
Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Holding the Ball

Choose either way , just be consistant.
by another grub
Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL 2016

Panthers take on Canberra Saturday night, CARN THE PANTHERS!
by Booney
Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

am Bays wrote:
Dutchy wrote:CEY would have played 15 games if he was at Port this year

22 if he was at North...

Roosters only played 18 this year
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

The shield must be an awful standard if Mennie can be its leading wicket taker!!!
Harsh

Gentle 130k, low arm action , no swing

No matter our test side is getting bowled out for 85, if Mennie is a serious threat

Huh? He's front on, his right arm is as high as he can get it.

His bowling is front on but take a look at the last delivery stride before he releases. His right knee almost collapses and his whole body drops to an usual position.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-28/who-is-australias-newest-test-fast-bowler-joe-mennie/7974660
by whufc
Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How did you stumble across safooty.net?

Lightning McQueen wrote:Has anyone heard from mal in recent times?

Have reset his password 1,000 times, but he still can't seem to log in :lol:
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |