Search found 91 matches

Return

Re: Confabulate upon Round 12

If I was Cloke and see White get picked ahead of me I would retire.
by Fricky
Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

hollywood7477 wrote:
Minion Master wrote:walkerville BBQ = 9 great selection, good service & value for money

pity the ground was in poor condition.

Its in a better condition than it would've been had the drainage not been upgraded
by Fricky
Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Arch44 wrote:Good players keep their feet

And also lay good tackles on guys covered in mud, making themselves muddy in the process.
by Fricky
Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Lets just say the SFL falls over in 2-3 years (clubs jumping ship are usually the beginning of the end) there are a few clubs that could argue they are closer to the GSFL (who I think have already stated “we are full” Trump style) and Hill’s leagues – but most of us logically should be heading to the SAAFL. This would obviously add to the SAAFL travel times greatly.

I know this is a SAAFL forum, but the SFL should look at why the SCA feel over! better sides leaving the comp and not turning back as the standard was deteriorating (no offense to the players or comp). One such side further south than Brighton has no complaints travelling to Trinity etc. It will also add some economic benefit to the local drive thru to rehydrate 8)

However I do know of someone from Modbury FC who wont go south of Anzac Highway :oops:

Once a southie always a southie :lol:

There have been clubs who suffered the "curse of Grand Junction Rd" where players pull out of games on Saturday morning when they play teams north of Grand Junction
by Fricky
Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Indubitably, round 20.

Wedgie wrote:So Geelong were a finals contending side that didn't contend in the finals? :?

Crows supporters are weird.

Please don't paint us all with the same brush, we're not all as bad as you think.
by Fricky
Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

Watched none of the EJ game, watched about 30 minutes either side of half time of the womens match.

Absolute farce the weekend off and the AFL have to admit they got this one terribly wrong.

Us fans hate it but it sounds like the coaches like it. Some clubs will be able to play guys this week who they might not have been able to use last weekend.
by Fricky
Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

This stat sums up how bad our batting is
by Fricky
Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Morell, I don't understand why you are so against allowing clubs to spend money.

There are blokes that spend 200k on a boat and fishing equipment because they enjoy that hobby and find it a great way to fill their weekends.
There are other blokes who don't like to fish, but would rather watch local footy. So rather than spending 200k on a boat, they donate 10-15k a year to their local club. If a club has 10-20 of these blokes floating around , which is easily the case at some of the bigger clubs, then why shouldn't that club be allowed to spend $200k a year on players?

The fisherman is allowed to spend his money to buy a better boat, why cant the footy fan donate and enable his side to buy a bigger ruckman?

I don't buy the argument that we need to cap the top end to push the quality of players around, that's a false economy of football talent. Div 7 isn't meant to be equal to Div 1, there is no reason for the talent to be equally spread.

I wouldn't mind just one of those guys
by Fricky
Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Champions League 16/17

Jim05 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
westozfalcon wrote:I'm gonna back Arsenal to go past Bayern this time.

:shock:

Arsenal were lucky it wasn't 7-1 or worse, absolutely destroyed.
Real 3-1 over Napoli

That away goal could be vital :lol:
by Fricky
Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 3 - 2017

I Believe congratulations is in order for our very own Suri who recently popped the question and apparently she said yes!

Cheers FC. I thought we'd been together long enough that I'd better get a move on.

Good boy 8)
Gee makes me feel like a complete loser considering how long Ive been with my partner now. And having a daughter to her as well. I'm going to hell. :evil: :twisted:

We've got 2 daughters so I'm probably joining you. Maybe the wedding will get me closer to other side.
by Fricky
Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 3 - 2017

Footy Chick wrote:I Believe congratulations is in order for our very own @Suri who recently popped the question and apparently she said yes!

Cheers FC. I thought we'd been together long enough that I'd better get a move on.
by Fricky
Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

But, I currently sit here right now with Ice on trying to get it ok LOL.

Don't worry Carey, I dislocated my knee a few Fridays back playing a fundraising T20 game, footy vs cricket. Never had an injury to my knees in 25 years of footy. Pretty much everyone said it happened because I'm officially old now.
by Fricky
Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Adelaide Footy League Quinella Comp

Div 1: PAOC Vs Payneham NU Spoon: St Peters
Div 2: Unley vs SHOC Spoon: Pembroke
Div 3: Westminister Vs Brighton Spoon: SMOSH Walkerville
Div 4: Eastern Park Vs Morphettville Park Spoon: Smithfield
Div 5: Pooraka Vs Lockleys Spoon: Greenacres
Div 6: West Croydon Vs Brahma Lodge Spoon: Mawson Lakes
Div 7: PAOC Vs Para Hills Spoon: North Pines

Which one?
by Fricky
Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Crows, first team to do the double :lol:
by Fricky
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs struggling for numbers ...

With many clubs struggling for numbers whats peoples thoughts on maybe 16 a side + 2 on the bench to help clubs B grade and lower ..... The AFLW used it this year, will this help clubs ...... ?????

How about the opposition lend them some top up players, they can turn their guernsey inside out?

PS: I was joking.

We did that for Pooraka or Para Hills a long time back, lent them a young B grader. We jokingly called him Judas that night for playing for the opposition and that name has stuck every since.
by Fricky
Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

Put your house on West Coast, the Hawks are awful, and by that I mean, Carlton awful.

This is a hard game to pick. Hawks are playing horrible footy at the moment but WCE cant win on the G. If the Eagles cant beat Hawthorn this weekend put a line through them for winning the flag and highlight flat track bully next to their name
by Fricky
Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

Boston get the 1st pick in the draft as part of their trade with the Nets a few years ago. Not a bad get for the no. 1 ranked Eastern Conference team for this season. They also get the Nets 2018 1st round pick too so they will be hoping Brooklyn bomb again next season, which is highly likely.
by Fricky
Wed May 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

What a f**king stupid thing by Fagan and the club. Who cares if opposition supporters were cheering in the corporate area, some Crows fans need to HTFU and get over themselves.

Seriously, what a good way to put the club in a bad light. No amount of spin can make this a remotely plausible decision
by Fricky
Thu May 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sending out the letter was wrong. Let me say that first up.
The ONLY possible explanation is this membership package is designed to cater for those who do not like the 'interaction' with opposition supporters. It would be their expectation that their football experience in this room is amongst Crows supporters only who are like minded.
$6800 a year is a hefty price to pay. Only 30 members I believe (not sure how many attendees this gives you). Say even if there were 100 people in this room, it's 100 vs 45-50,000 in the outer (not taking into consideration corporate boxes).
To paint the whole supporter base the same way is naïve.

If they want a crows supporters only experience, stay at home with your crows mates. When they go to a game they'll come across opposition supporters in one way or another
by Fricky
Thu May 18, 2017 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well if an issue sums an entire football club and it's supporters this is it.
Having said that I do really enjoy working at AO for Crows games, they are really nice people to serve. West Coast and Melbourne fans were great too.

Do not paint us all with the same brush. This kind of stuff by other crows fans makes me filthy, I hate sooky people. Cop the good with the bad and if you don't like it go home and live in your own little world where no one upsets you.
by Fricky
Thu May 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19

What was the crowd?

Never seen an AFL game at Adelaide Oval where you could see almost all the grass on the hill

Shitty time for a game. A lot of suburban/country footy on that wouldve effected the crowd. I was at the game and said the crowd would get bigger after half time once all the local footy stopped, which it did. The crowd was still plenty loud with a half full stadium.

On the game, if Port continue to play like that they won't last long in the finals. Granted the wet weather can effect the game but they were super lucky to come away with the win. Although Gray kicked the winning goal, his had plenty of times when he didnt look on tonight (from what i saw in between glasses of red wine at the chairman's lunch. Yes I'm boasting). He had his head down a bit tonight and other fans were mentioning it. Boak was pretty quiet tonight. Umpires paid some pretty poor decisions against Port and didnt the crowd let them know it.

Anyway, I had a good night on the drink. Well done Port for the win.
by Fricky
Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

A really good game on Saturday in the reserves against Tea Tree Gully. Both sides battled really hard against each other for all 4 quarters. Apart from some very bad decisions from the umpires. The game was played in good spirits and it was good to get the win and continue our brilliant start. Hopefully we can maintain this winning feeling and get ready for Marion at home on our past players day. Go you Raiders!!!!![/quote

Don't bag the umpires, especially when you win. Q will tell you off. ;)
The umpiring was bad both ways all day. Was very hard to keep your mouth shut at some stages .

This is difficult for you on most days.
by Fricky
Tue May 29, 2018 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16 - Don’t have a Barry!

Wedgie wrote:Last year's grand final is on fox footy ATM for any of those that want to relive it. Great game! :D

P!ss off Wedge :-Q
by Fricky
Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

I know Eastern Park's crowd can be quite vocal towards opposition sides, but the folks I encountered on Saturday were really pleasant.

Please note that there is no sarcasm here; I just wanted to give them a good wrap.

Most places have vocal crowds. For a club that had the league right on them about on field behavior I think EP have done a lot to get things right.
by Fricky
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Great numbers on the track last night . The drills were done with perfect precision and the atmosphere was contagious. All the boys can't wait til the weekend and we need to bring our very best game if we are to come away with the win. C'mon Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd hope there'd be "great numbers on the track" when you're playing finals.
by Fricky
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

The league could learn from this.
27 game suspension given out yet not one report from the umpires on game day at the time and no cards given.
Just proves that without footage these incident/s could have been missed.
Makes you wonder what else has been missed over the years.
IMO the league should invest heavily in recording of games as luckily for them in this case justice was served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worthwhile all clubs videoing games - to help against similar incidents as above or just using the footage to help teams improve/fine tune skills and set plays etc.

Umpiring standard can be a mixed bag - most are consistent enough in their own way but there are some that struggle. One old whistle blower this year had a shocker and as he walked past me after the final siren he had quite a confused look in his eyes - for want of a better term, it looked like he was having a 'seniors moment'.
Is there a chance in the game above that the umps may have been intimidated - hence the lack of a booking?

The league want to tape every game next season. Just need each club to cough up a few grand each to do it.
by Fricky
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

The Bedge wrote:Reading the abuse supporters are dishing up on social media is gold.. it’s like Lever all over again!

These people need to grow up and stop sooking about it.
by Fricky
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2016 Carlton: We demand overs for Bryce Gibbs, who wants to leave, as he’s a contracted player

*Mitch McGovern requests a trade with 2 years still on his contract, the likely destination being Carlton*

Adelaide:
D277549F-8AF9-4E3B-9CDE-D2173C42A841.jpeg

Disclaimer: I totally stole this from a message in a WhatsApp group
by Fricky
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Where are the McClure bashers now? Quite possibly the best piece of work by any journo this year. Put his rep on the line and won.

If you throw enough darts you'll hit the target at some point.
by Fricky
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very sad news for the Sloane's in losing their baby
by Fricky
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Kiss O' Death

Rams have had successful seasons

Seaton
Glenunga
Gepps Cross
Marion

*pointless stat
by Fricky
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Kiss O' Death

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Fricky wrote:Rams have had successful seasons

Seaton
Glenunga
Gepps Cross
Marion

*pointless stat

GOAT

It might be confusing at Alberton tomorrow if everyone is yelling “Cmon Rams”
by Fricky
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC Day Footy

If there are anyone that isn't doing anything this Thursday. Come to Houghton oval to witness 2 rivals go head to head in a must win for both sides. It will be a awesome day for all to watch and how can you not resist the smell of the RAIDER ROLL.

Exciting season in Div 7 already if Rd 3 is a "must win"
by Fricky
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Promotion/Relegation

I'm not afraid to say that I actually have no idea how the cricket finals work so if anyone wants to explain, then please do :)

Sudden death semi finals 1v4, 2v3 higher ranked sides goes through if weather intervenes.....

Some cricket associations promote the minor premier and the premiers. If the same promote both GFists.

Some say in AFL if minor premiers dont make GF stiff but weather, injuries etc can play a big part on how a team performs in every game let alone finals.

Why don't we bring back the Challenge Rule while we're at it - Minor Premier doesn't make the GF, continues to train, challenges the Premier for the title and the team that won the flag has to back up the next week in another GF.

Two Grand Finalists get promoted.
Two bottom teams get relegated.
Leave it at that
by Fricky
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I hope to f**k Glenelg win the flag.
by Fricky
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

Evening everyone.

Our last A grade flag was 2009 v SPOC in div 3. Club is still full but will shortly empty die to covid and licensing rules.

Commiserations to Footy Chick (Lisa) and Hope Valley. Huge effort to go Div 5 flag to Div 4 GF

No apologies- I’m lifting this weekend

GO CATTERS
by Fricky
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

whufc wrote:-Have we ever had a top four from four different states.....

Had a quick look and found three years where the top 4 were from four different states

Sydney
North
Brisbane BEARS
West Coast

Port
Collingwood
Brisbane
Sydney

Adelaide
West Coast
Sydney
St Kilda
by Fricky
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

On a side note, was thinking the other week, it's always tough in our North-East area near Ingle Farm with so many clubs, but this year it's great to see doing well this year - Golden Grove top of D2, Hope Valley top of D3 and Modbury 3rd, Pooraka top of D4, Gepps Cross top of D5 and Kilburn 2nd, Greenacres top of D6, Para Hills top of D7 and Ingle Farm 2nd.

I can't recall a time when all these clubs were at the top of the tree in their respective divisions at the same time.

I have always grouped these clubs into the same "inner north" area:
Kilburn
Gaza
Greenacres
Broadview
Gepps Cross
PNU
Walkerville

All apart from Walkerville have been A1/D1 powerhouses at some stage
For 30 years, the top 4 swapped players like a Glenelg Vice Presidents party
PNU and Walkerville have always had their own type of players and massive junior programmes

Personal view - I dont think the "Inner North" region has the population to support that many clubs.

Excuse me. We won the 1950 and 1953 A1 flags ;)
by Fricky
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Saturday 2nd September
Lockleys Oval
Div 4 - QF - Lockleys v CBCOC (2:15pm)
Div 4R - QF - Lockleys v Mitcham (12:15pm)

Plympton Oval
Div 4 - EF - Plympton v Hectorville (2:15pm)
Div 4R - EF - Walkerville v Hectorville (12:15pm)
C4 - QF - Plympton v Morphettville Park (10:15am)

C4 - EF Ade Uni v Walkerville now at Lockleys (10:30am). Last night this game was scheduled at Golden Grove
by Fricky
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

A lot of "he said, he said".

I was promised screenshots!!

The SANFL would want more than just the words of players saying they were over paid. Surely they have some sort of paper or money trail to prove their case. However, what do the players gain in taking the stand and saying they were paid over the salary cap?
by Fricky
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |