Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Happycamper » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:16 am

If the club recruits for the sake of recruiting via offering dollars to fringe B/A graders from others clubs it will set them back even further....as it will slow the progression of their younger players and they will leave.

From what I have seen and heard they need to develop within.....supported with recruiting a great coach/bat, and fast bowler.

Do they currently have any paid recruits?...if so, how did they perform?
Happycamper
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:42 am

Port Pirie Power wrote:You can only hope these kids progress and turn the senior sides around. I think the solution of trying to spend money may backfire on them big time.

I think there's enough evidence to see that they've had a steady stream of juniors progress into the higher grades in recent times, Bray, Hewitt, Gionotis spring straight to mind.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Is there an issue with the Barossa kids that once they finish juniors they head back to their home club to play A Grade, rather than fighting their way through the Jets' C and D Grade over time?

Have heard that about kids from some of the Hills clubs and also down south.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Port Pirie Power » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:29 pm

I don't have a name yet, however they are apparently a batter. Their former coach (Duval) was a former first class cricketer so it doesn't always work. They do need a good proper quick, especially losing Marks bowling stocks look like they could plummet.

Their must be problems inside the club for a young kid leaving a club where he plays In the A grade and has had a relatively good season. I would have also thought 1 win for a season may be a reason for looking elsewhere.

Will definitely be an interesting off season for all clubs and the SACA and if the under 19s are brought into grade cricket how clubs will be effected.

Giniotis ive heard will not play cricket next season after having every opportunity given to him.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Is there an issue with the Barossa kids that once they finish juniors they head back to their home club to play A Grade, rather than fighting their way through the Jets' C and D Grade over time?

As a 17 year old if I wasn't able to make the B Grade I'd head back to my own club too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Is there an issue with the Barossa kids that once they finish juniors they head back to their home club to play A Grade, rather than fighting their way through the Jets' C and D Grade over time?

As a 17 year old if I wasn't able to make the B Grade I'd head back to my own club too.

Anyone can play B Grade if they make runs/take wickets in the C's.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:Giniotis ive heard will not play cricket next season after having every opportunity given to him.

Really? That's surprising. Thought he was a bit of a star in the making.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Port Pirie Power » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Port Pirie Power wrote:Giniotis ive heard will not play cricket next season after having every opportunity given to him.

Really? That's surprising. Thought he was a bit of a star in the making.

He definitely was a star in the making, one of the cleanest hitters of the ball for a junior I've ever seen. Think playing vs men has tested him out and the pressures of being like you said a potential star may have caught up to him. Will be a sad loss for NDCC if he doesn't come back after all the time and effort they have pumped into him.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:45 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:
He definitely was a star in the making, one of the cleanest hitters of the ball for a junior I've ever seen. Think playing vs men has tested him out and the pressures of being like you said a potential star may have caught up to him. Will be a sad loss for NDCC if he doesn't come back after all the time and effort they have pumped into him.

Had a lean post Christmas, hopefully just a break form the game will get him enthused again
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Port Pirie Power » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Port Pirie Power wrote:

Had a lean post Christmas, hopefully just a break form the game will get him enthused again

Lets hope! Too good of a player to lose at a young age!
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:26 pm

I think there is more Barossa kids playing at other district clubs than there are at the Jets, maybe something in that?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Jim05 wrote:I think there is more Barossa kids playing at other district clubs than there are at the Jets, maybe something in that?

That's nothing new, TTG were always floating around looking for talent in the area.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I think there is more Barossa kids playing at other district clubs than there are at the Jets, maybe something in that?

That's nothing new, TTG were always floating around looking for talent in the area.

Yeah there is a few there, still a couple at Kensington and a couple at Glenelg I believe aswell as a few others at other clubs
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Port Pirie Power » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I've heard that too! Also shorter drive from Gawler to Perti in comparison to Salisbury.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Postby Port Pirie Power » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah there is a few there, still a couple at Kensington and a couple at Glenelg I believe aswell as a few others at other clubs[/quote
Last edited by Port Pirie Power on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Anything further happened with the U/19's proposal?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Port Pirie Power » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Anything further happened with the U/19's proposal?

Nothing yet to my knowledge. Would know more soon though I would have thought.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah there is a few there, still a couple at Kensington and a couple at Glenelg I believe aswell as a few others at other clubs

The few at Glenelg are there as they go to Sacred Heart. I know that the Jets were glad to see them go in particular Whitelum as him and his family were apparently bad news.

They got rid of the wrong Tanunda person there. The one that is still there is a massive problem, the kid is fine.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Bit harsh mentioning names of junior players on a public forum I reckon
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby backoftheroom » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Pretty interesting case at Northerns. Over the next few weeks I'll post what I believe each club needs, some more specific than others, and I'd love some feedback.

Northern Districts

Finaihed 12th, 7th, 10th & 13th across the Seniors. U14's finsihed 4th in the Red and 6th in Whites. 16's teams were last or second last.

Need
Good young players, as well as some good games from their underperforming older players who are going around again. Also need to sort out their coaching situation because it's a different story every time you ask.

Have Spoken/Should Speak To
Tate Robins (ET) knocked them back, this was around the last game of the year. Tim Oakley (TTG) is probably the next best bet in the area from a young quick standpoint. Given their location they'd need to draw from surrounding clubs. They have spoken to Tyrell Sinclair (TTG) and he's going somewhere, just could be ND or Pros depending on who you ask.

Key Next Season
Easy to say, but win some games. Talent retention is obviously a big talking point with the Jets and if they can bring across a couple guys from other clubs it may sway those guys who want to go back and play Turf cricket. Likely to be at the bottom for a while, particularly if the Giniotis not playing rumours are true.
backoftheroom

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps