Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:46 am

shoe boy wrote:I have been informed that clubs must bring their own stretchers as South Adelaide refuse to allow use of there's ! :shock:

Smart move by South. Eliminates the risk of their equipment going walkabout.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby strike me pink » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:06 am

With our Oval under water a big thanks for South Adelaide for letting us train down there last night, Oval is in good nick and a full squad of 27 trained pretty sharp, didn't go back to the Club to hear the team selection, a few injuries in the last few weeks has seen a number of players get a shot during the finals so would have been tough at the Selection table as always the case in G.Fs disappointed players get left out, looks like rain tomorrow, might throw up surprise results all day.
strike me pink
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:34 am

Mister Footy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Is a balancing act though, you have kids who only get 2 years to play 18's, they have the rest of their life to play A grade, you don;t want to disenchant them and leave. That being said if the kids agree to it I reckon its a great thing to promote them up.

On the Junior GF's can anyone make a case for the under dogs considering their last meetings -

14's Flaggies 26.16.160 v Reynella 0.0.0 4 weeks ago

16's Reynella 15.13.103 def Noarlunga 0.2.2 5 weeks ago

18's Brighton 13.14.92 def Happy Valley 1.5.11 3 weeks ago

Its one of the highlights of the day watching kids battle it out for a premiership and there have been some cracking games in recent years, sadly it looks like that won't be the case this year...

Thing is anything can happen on Grand Final day though mate.

You only have to look at our 18s game against Reynella last week to see how finals footy can bring out the best - Reynella smashed us couple of times during the year and we made them look ordinary in a prelim,

Brighton may come into the game a bit cocky too I reckon :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agree that the 18's will be the closest contest and the only one where an upset is possible, Flaggies had their opportunities to beat Brighton last week but didn't take them.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3563 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:37 am

strike me pink wrote:With our Oval under water a big thanks for South Adelaide for letting us train down there last night, Oval is in good nick and a full squad of 27 trained pretty sharp, didn't go back to the Club to hear the team selection, a few injuries in the last few weeks has seen a number of players get a shot during the finals so would have been tough at the Selection table as always the case in G.Fs disappointed players get left out, looks like rain tomorrow, might throw up surprise results all day.

Mail medalist not named?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby strike me pink » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:07 am

Dutchy wrote:
strike me pink wrote:With our Oval under water a big thanks for South Adelaide for letting us train down there last night, Oval is in good nick and a full squad of 27 trained pretty sharp, didn't go back to the Club to hear the team selection, a few injuries in the last few weeks has seen a number of players get a shot during the finals so would have been tough at the Selection table as always the case in G.Fs disappointed players get left out, looks like rain tomorrow, might throw up surprise results all day.

Mail medalist not named?

Liam trained would assume he got picked
strike me pink
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Snaparazzi » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:10 am

Dutchy wrote:Is a balancing act though, you have kids who only get 2 years to play 18's, they have the rest of their life to play A grade, you don;t want to disenchant them and leave. That being said if the kids agree to it I reckon its a great thing to promote them up.

On the Junior GF's can anyone make a case for the under dogs considering their last meetings -

14's Flaggies 26.16.160 v Reynella 0.0.0 4 weeks ago

16's Reynella 15.13.103 def Noarlunga 0.2.2 5 weeks ago

18's Brighton 13.14.92 def Happy Valley 1.5.11 3 weeks ago

Its one of the highlights of the day watching kids battle it out for a premiership and there have been some cracking games in recent years, sadly it looks like that won't be the case this year...

Agree with you here Dutchy, Flaggies in the 14's have been daylight ahead of any other team in the comp this year, rain or no rain they will win by plenty. 14's is one of those grades when you have bigger kids they dominate and Flaggies have 60 kids at this age group that are outstanding. 16's could be a little closer, although it seems Reynella have dominated this age all year aswell. 18's anything can happen, loosest age group going around.

Brighton in the 2's for me and with wet weather forecast Emu's in a close one.
Snaparazzi
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby spot on » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:18 pm

strike me pink wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Mail medalist not named?

Liam trained would assume he got picked

He is named in the team on Sporting pulse.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:34 pm

So he is, I was looking in the wrong spot.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby ol man emu » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:25 am

Dutchy wrote:So he is, I was looking in the wrong spot.

past a fitness test last night.
has to another one today.
looks good to go,
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby banterfordays » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:36 am

Know this is a long shot but anyone know the the results of Corrie's fitness test yesterday and this morning?

Heard the one he had yesterday would've been more suitable for an U14 or an A grade midfielder who will just play forward
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dutchy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:38 am

You FALCON Beauty!

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby fathersonsfl » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:You FALCON Beauty!

Gee they look excited......well done Flagstaff, but possibly the worst after GF photo I have ever seen!!
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby shoe boy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:06 am

Congratulations to all winners on Saturday .

Tool of the day is the Reynella under 14 runner , 20 minutes prior to the game the lads where in the Northern pocket stretching and the only adult was the runner that for 10 minutes shouted crap and shoved a few lads around . I was surprised no other member of the coaching group was involved and also surprised a parent didn't tell him to pull his head in.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:35 am

Great day and great year, 4 of the 7 2016 SFL premierships shields are at home on the hill for 12 months :)

Corrie shouldn't have played, even with 2 injections he was still hobbling and had no influence.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby MatteeG » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:00 am

Great day (and night!)

Well done to all the premiership sides, particularly my Falcons!

:drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Luke15 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:45 am

Well done to the Falcons they were definitely the better team in a tight arm wrestle of a contest. Falcons fwds were too mobile and dangerous as opposed to Loveridge who.just did not cope with the bigger oval.

Also i cannot believe they played Corrie, he literally limped onto the ground before the game, had zero influence and ultimately a.fitter Shaun Brown or someone else would have been much better. Also maybe a bit of Nepatism with Cameron selecting his son after he hasnt played for 4 weeks. Another who had no influence.

Well done to Christies on the B Grade flag.
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby qwerty » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:05 pm

Congratulations to FHFC.

I know some people will shoot me down but the atmosphere at that grand final was terrible and really draws away from the day. Yeah the playing surface is great, the changeroomes a bit nicer but with the rain on the weekend the hill was bare for the A-Grade and it really lacks the atmosphere of what grandfinal day should be all about. Most of the finals these days have security and are almost 'closed venues' and I don't think there have been any incidents in the last few years. Is it time to give it a chance and move it back to a local venue or should they start to look at letting cars park around then oval?
qwerty
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Don't think it mattered where a GF was played on Saturday, the weather robbed all games of atmosphere.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:30 pm

qwerty wrote:Congratulations to FHFC.

I know some people will shoot me down but the atmosphere at that grand final was terrible and really draws away from the day. Yeah the playing surface is great, the changeroomes a bit nicer but with the rain on the weekend the hill was bare for the A-Grade and it really lacks the atmosphere of what grandfinal day should be all about. Most of the finals these days have security and are almost 'closed venues' and I don't think there have been any incidents in the last few years. Is it time to give it a chance and move it back to a local venue or should they start to look at letting cars park around then oval?

Hill was pretty full untilt he rain hit, then the grandstand/shed was full, I thought the crowd was pretty good considering everyone knew the rain was coming.

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby qwerty » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Disagree a bit there Dutchy, might have been busy then before the B-grade started but once the B-grade was done the hill was pretty empty (partly because of the FH crew on the outer wing and agree the weather made things difficult). My point was more can you ever see it returning to one of the local grounds, the place is just devoid of atmosphere as most people will go to watch their junior sides, B-grade etc and then leave. Also saw Morphie parks had a BBQ/boozer at the ground, nice parting gift from the SFL surely that money would have been better invested into a club that was staying in the league.
qwerty
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL