Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:59 am

shoe boy wrote:
Old_mate21 wrote:So you don't want to disrespect any award winners by disrespecting them, they can only play against who they are told to. Bit of a cheap shot.

Shoot me!

Bang!
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Old_mate21 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:05 am

No need to shoot you, should just own it if you want to have a crack at how they won the award.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Down the Hill » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:25 pm

Just remember people that all today's winners go into the Sunday Prelim next week and tomorrow's winners go into the Saturday Prelim. Sporting Pulse wants to put today's winners into the Saturday Prelim but this error happens every year. The SFL have to manually change it so hopefully they do this tonight to avoid the annual confusion.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 303 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:27 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Just remember people that all today's winners go into the Sunday Prelim next week and tomorrow's winners go into the Saturday Prelim. Sporting Pulse wants to put today's winners into the Saturday Prelim but this error happens every year. The SFL have to manually change it so hopefully they do this tonight to avoid the annual confusion.

Unless Noarlunga win tomorrow, then the games will swap to stop them having a home prelim

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Down the Hill » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:05 pm

No they won't. Winner of Shoes and Flies play at Port Noarlunga on Saturday. Come on LGIL, you're better than that.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:13 pm

I know it is because to make more money, but it is ridiculous that the prelims are in Saturday and Sunday. Should be the one day!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3068 times
Been liked: 2437 times

Postby Down the Hill » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Same reason why every league that also runs juniors as part of the match day play Saturday/Sunday every weekend of more than one final. It is just as much to avoid splitting clubs up on the same day. Week 1 of a final 8 can't be avoided but needs to happen week 2 and week 3 just like it happens week 1 and week 2 of every country league finals. No other finals system has 2 Prelim Finals so that is why every other Prelim around the State is played on a Saturday. But next year there will only be 1 Prelim so you will get your wish.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby reppoh_eht » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Anyone get down to Aldinga to see the A Grade? Noarlunga too good or Reynella play poorly?
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Did anyone see the incident in the U16's where a young Brighton player was king hit and jumped on by 10 Cove players??? Young fella was stretchered off. Surely if what I have been told is correct there will be an investigation into the incident??? Can anyone shed light on the incident if they saw it. I'm only going on what I have been told.....
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:53 pm

Lad is OK except for some lumps on the back of his head and massive amount of scratches and abrasions around his lower front neck area from having his jumper pulled so hard. I don't think anyone had a clear view because there were just too many players in the area. I saw 2 junior games on the weekend and behaviour of the losing teams on and off the field was disgraceful. About time some clubs stopped playing the victim and win or lose with dignity on and off the field. Credit to the Cove runner today though. Read the riot act to the lads after the stretcher incident and settled things down.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby Animus » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:10 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:Anyone get down to Aldinga to see the A Grade? Noarlunga too good or Reynella play poorly?

Shoes too good, Reynella didn't seem to have a great day.

Shoes #21 might be in a bit of trouble after getting a red card in the last quarter [-X
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Turbo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Lad is OK except for some lumps on the back of his head and massive amount of scratches and abrasions around his lower front neck area from having his jumper pulled so hard. I don't think anyone had a clear view because there were just too many players in the area. I saw 2 junior games on the weekend and behaviour of the losing teams on and off the field was disgraceful. About time some clubs stopped playing the victim and win or lose with dignity on and off the field. Credit to the Cove runner today though. Read the riot act to the lads after the stretcher incident and settled things down.

Off the field??
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Dutchy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:53 pm

Animus wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:Anyone get down to Aldinga to see the A Grade? Noarlunga too good or Reynella play poorly?

Shoes #21 might be in a bit of trouble after getting a red card in the last quarter [-X

Nick Mott? Red card is automatic one week isn't it?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 3836 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Looks like a good crowd down at Dingy today....couldn't believe how big the crowd at HV last night for the C grade GF, reckon there was at least 1500 there, great night.

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 3836 times

Postby Luke15 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:57 pm

Animus wrote:

Shoes were definitely better team on the day. Reynella rallied but Shoes got too.big a lead in first half. Number 21 for Shoes is.in big trouble if you ask me. I know him personally and it was definitely out of character but it didnt look good and I saw it clearly. My opinion only but he should get 4 games minimum. Anyone know how the Reynella kid is? He did not look.good coming off the ground

If the Tribunal find him guilty which they should then its a huge blow for Noarlunga because he was outstanding in the first half
Luke15
Rookie

Been liked: 18 times

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:03 pm

Didn't take you long to bite Turbo. Yes off the field, i.e. general demeanour of parents and supporters which ultimately rubs off on the kids out on the field.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby Turbo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:24 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Didn't take you long to bite Turbo. Yes off the field, i.e. general demeanour of parents and supporters which ultimately rubs off on the kids out on the field.

Ok. Just interested in your thoughts.
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:52 pm

It was worse yesterday but in about the fifth minute of today's game i heard a Dad to another Dad after a free to Brighton say "typical, the umps love Brighton". I mean if people really think and believe this type of crud and presumably share those thoughts with their kids then what hope do we have for preventing some of the abuse of umpires and other incidents in junior footy.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby fathersonsfl » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:35 am

I do not normally like to rag on umpires but the young tall lad umpiring the A Grade at the Noarlunga v Reynella game yesterday was some of the worst umpiring I have ever seen!! The other two did a good job but the young lad was totally inept and seemed to be overwhelmed by the occasion. Surely he cannot do another A grade final this year.
Last edited by fathersonsfl on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Turbo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:42 am

Down the Hill wrote:It was worse yesterday but in about the fifth minute of today's game i heard a Dad to another Dad after a free to Brighton say "typical, the umps love Brighton". I mean if people really think and believe this type of crud and presumably share those thoughts with their kids then what hope do we have for preventing some of the abuse of umpires and other incidents in junior footy.

Yeah that's fair enough. Thankfully didn't hear any of that from where I was watching
Turbo
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL