Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:10 pm

inside word wrote:Can't have an opinion on the bloke Roxy? I know you're good mates with him so entitled to defend him.

But thats my point, he hasn't done anything wrong so there is nothing that needs defending. It seems you are blaming Joe entirely for something that wasn't his fault, nor was the outcome of the vote within his control. As I said, he simply upheld the rules of the constitution for the vote to proceed as with any other motion the Association votes on.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Buffet bowler » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:12 pm

I wish I knew how to get the face plant emoji happening. Now would be a good time!!
Buffet bowler
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Buffet bowler wrote:I wish I knew how to get the face plant emoji happening. Now would be a good time!!

Whats your slant on it all Buffet Bowler? happy for a new A Grade format or not?
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Buffet bowler » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:38 pm

I'm happy, there is obviously a desire for change otherwise this whole situation would never have risen. Numbers of votes don't lie. Looking on here and the aehca Facebook site it seems there's a lot of bedwetters around. If it turns out to be detrimental to the comp then my understanding is that this could all be reverted, upon another vote? Yes? I'm quite confident that the sky won't fall in and day will still follow night in the meanwhile!!
Buffet bowler
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:17 am

inside word wrote:In my opinion well done nominating, but when I cast my vote I will be voting for people with a lot more credibility.

As is your democratic right to do that.
Just wondering then, how well do you know the other 13 candidates ?
I guess we can somewhat judge the 3 current board members seeking re election judged on how we have viewed SACAs performance over the last 12 months?
As for the other 10, i have NFI about any of them.
As a result, i'll leave it to the more informed members to decide.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 453 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:14 am

Buffet bowler wrote:I'm happy, there is obviously a desire for change otherwise this whole situation would never have risen. Numbers of votes don't lie. Looking on here and the aehca Facebook site it seems there's a lot of bedwetters around. If it turns out to be detrimental to the comp then my understanding is that this could all be reverted, upon another vote? Yes? I'm quite confident that the sky won't fall in and day will still follow night in the meanwhile!!

Thats correct,, if it doesn't work out then of course if can be changed back, all it would require is a club to put forward a motion and a 2/3rds majority vote in favour of the changes. I think we need to give it a decent go for at least a full season or possibly even two before we make a decision on reverting back.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby inside word » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:44 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Buffet bowler wrote:I'm happy, there is obviously a desire for change otherwise this whole situation would never have risen. Numbers of votes don't lie. Looking on here and the aehca Facebook site it seems there's a lot of bedwetters around. If it turns out to be detrimental to the comp then my understanding is that this could all be reverted, upon another vote? Yes? I'm quite confident that the sky won't fall in and day will still follow night in the meanwhile!!

Thats correct,, if it doesn't work out then of course if can be changed back, all it would require is a club to put forward a motion and a 2/3rds majority vote in favour of the changes. I think we need to give it a decent go for at least a full season or possibly even two before we make a decision on reverting back.

To allow A2 clubs to vote on this matter is ridiculous. None of them are capable of playing A grade cricket apart from maybe Woodside and Nairne, however they clearly have teams in the A's. The fact Is 4 of the current A grade teams didn't want this which I think says everything!
inside word
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:19 pm

inside word wrote: To allow A2 clubs to vote on this matter is ridiculous. None of them are capable of playing A grade cricket apart from maybe Woodside and Nairne, however they clearly have teams in the A's. The fact Is 4 of the current A grade teams didn't want this which I think says everything!

Hahndorf have several good players that might go OK at A Grade level.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby inside word » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
inside word wrote: To allow A2 clubs to vote on this matter is ridiculous. None of them are capable of playing A grade cricket apart from maybe Woodside and Nairne, however they clearly have teams in the A's. The fact Is 4 of the current A grade teams didn't want this which I think says everything!

So they'll be nominating an A grade side this year??
inside word
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:27 pm

inside word wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

So they'll be nominating an A grade side this year??

I don't know, I'm not involved with Hahndorf, I am just making the observation that they have some good younger players that could go OK at A Grade level and of course they have a couple of experienced blokes that are proven good A Grade Players.

The A grade MUST be an 8 team or 10 team comp as the bye really lets our best players and the competition down with too many gaps in the season. Hopefully the new rules encourage this.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:15 pm

A bye with one day games is less of an issue. No fortnights off.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:19 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:A bye with one day games is less of an issue. No fortnights off.

True, but I'd still like to see no byes.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby inside word » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Any more poms coming across to play for Ashbourne this year Roxy?
inside word
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:08 pm

inside word wrote:Any more poms coming across to play for Ashbourne this year Roxy?

You've been doing your homework Inside Word. Not sure if we will have any poms coming over but the blokes from the past few years are still around the place.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby saintal » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:28 pm

Any further rumours of discontent among AEHCA clubs about the one-day decision? Will there be any clubs coming up from A2s?

TVCA appears as though it will also be going with the 45 over format also.

Unfortunately Mt Pleasant/Springton will not field a senior side this year, and Eden Valley will only field one side and wish to only play B Grade. That’ll leave 7 teams in the A’s. With Mt Torrens down to just one side this year (A Grade), the B grade comp is also now left with just 7 sides, assuming EV are not forced to play A’s. Two years ago the league had 18 senior sides, now just 14. A decade ago it would have had 25-30.

The resistance against all one day games appears to be weakening and the committee is pushing the concept, as it may help a few clubs that have struggled in recent years (Mt Torrens, Birdwood, Eden Valley if they stay in As) be more competitive and remain viable. Will also help with scheduling, as again it looks as though there will be a bye.

Juniors wise there isn’t too much around. Lenswood, Birdwood and Springton have U10s and/or U12s, Gumeracha an U16s and Palmer an U15s (I think). A few clubs may be pooling some players to field an U14s. All these teams will play in neighbouring associations.

Interesting times ahead.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 433 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:31 pm

saintal wrote:Any further rumours of discontent among AEHCA clubs about the one-day decision? Will there be any clubs coming up from A2s?

TVCA appears as though it will also be going with the 45 over format also.

Unfortunately Mt Pleasant/Springton will not field a senior side this year, and Eden Valley will only field one side and wish to only play B Grade. That’ll leave 7 teams in the A’s. With Mt Torrens down to just one side this year (A Grade), the B grade comp is also now left with just 7 sides, assuming EV are not forced to play A’s. Two years ago the league had 18 senior sides, now just 14. A decade ago it would have had 25-30.

The resistance against all one day games appears to be weakening and the committee is pushing the concept, as it may help a few clubs that have struggled in recent years (Mt Torrens, Birdwood, Eden Valley if they stay in As) be more competitive and remain viable. Will also help with scheduling, as again it looks as though there will be a bye.

Juniors wise there isn’t too much around. Lenswood, Birdwood and Springton have U10s and/or U12s, Gumeracha an U16s and Palmer an U15s (I think). A few clubs may be pooling some players to field an U14s. All these teams will play in neighbouring associations.

Interesting times ahead.

There hasn't been any discontent expressed for at least a week now but there is a vote on the rules next Monday night so that might ignite a few tensions. I hope not though as we just need to get on with playing cricket.
AEHCA has had a 7 team A Grade for a few years now and it is pretty ordinary, especially in a comp with 2 day cricket with some teams missing up to 4 and even 5 weeks of cricket in a row at times. Maybe the super league is just around the corner out of necessity to maintain some form of A Grade comp in the Hills as it seems that the better players are concentrated into fewer clubs. Perhaps this is because fewer people are playing cricket, maybe the better players are more likely to play in town, maybe the better players gravitate to the larger and more successful clubs, or maybe a combination of these, whatever it is,, there are fewer A Grade teams and fewer clubs that seem willing to play A Grade.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby inside word » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:51 am

since you're on the committee Roxy, what rules are on the agenda?
inside word
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:10 pm

inside word wrote:since you're on the committee Roxy, what rules are on the agenda?

There was an extensive consultation process where all clubs got to provide feedback on the proposed rules for the A Grade comp. I'm surprised you didn't take the opportunity to make comment officially given your obvious passion on this issue.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby inside word » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:35 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
inside word wrote:since you're on the committee Roxy, what rules are on the agenda?

There was an extensive consultation process where all clubs got to provide feedback on the proposed rules for the A Grade comp. I'm surprised you didn't take the opportunity to make comment officially given your obvious passion on this issue.

Well considering I am happily retired, I didn't get that memo unfortunately. If I was still involved I would've been quite honest about the current committee ruining cricket for young kids up here!
inside word
Rookie

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:52 am

If any clubs at the northern end of the hills would like to take their cricket more seriously and join a competition that is growing and going ahead with a focus on two day cricket feel free to PM me and ill put you in contact with the right people.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2437 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps