New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Angle vale might be wanting to come back too?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:31 pm

marbles wrote:Angle vale might be wanting to come back too?

Unlikely. They seem very determined about the path in which they're heading.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:56 pm

Also not sure on how likely they are to be taken back too
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby godra » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:03 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I can confirm Hackhams oval in June/July in the mid-late 90's was worse than anything I have ever seen in the SAAFL. I remember playing juniors there and then seeing the paper the next day and seeing A grade scores with 3 goals winning the game. Now it's a fantastic ground no matter the weather.

I remember after the major works undertaken just after the late 90's, the ground was magnificent. Back then, in footy season you'd have full juniors and two senior sides, the turf would still look like Adelaide Oval. Was great in cricket season too, with the long boundaries the ball would roll fast to beat any fielder.
godra

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:27 pm

No doubt. I still have photographic memories of it before they did all the work on it. Then by the end of July and start of August it would all harden up.

We played Morphett Vale one day at Hackham with both teams sitting in the top 4 of the U16's (with some bloody good footballers in both teams) and we won the game kicking 1 goal.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:56 pm

whufc wrote:I think half the battle will be getting it sorted asap

If the amateur league can approach the div 3 clubs for example in the next month and say look Brighton will be coming into div 2 next year so only the premiers will be going up etc etc there will be better understanding from the clubs than if they wait til the season end and then try and tell a club who feel like they have been promoted to div2 that they no longer will be.

Communication is the key

Exactly!
Call it early so everyone knows and most clubs won't have a problem with it.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2533 times

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:01 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:No doubt. I still have photographic memories of it before they did all the work on it. Then by the end of July and start of August it would all harden up.

We played Morphett Vale one day at Hackham with both teams sitting in the top 4 of the U16's (with some bloody good footballers in both teams) and we won the game kicking 1 goal.

I remember that day, my grandson was playing, was one of the great wins ive ever seen, the mud was knee deep if it wasnt waist high. Most of the players lost their boots stuck deep deep and locked under by the mud. Some of their boots i hear are still buried under there somewhere still to this day
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:54 pm

marbles wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:No doubt. I still have photographic memories of it before they did all the work on it. Then by the end of July and start of August it would all harden up.

I remember that day, my grandson was playing, was one of the great wins ive ever seen, the mud was knee deep if it wasnt waist high. Most of the players lost their boots stuck deep deep and locked under by the mud. Some of their boots i hear are still buried under there somewhere still to this day

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:53 pm

It's Hackham Marbles. The boots would have been stolen in the warm up and on the shelf at cash converters on Main South Road at Morphett Vale before the first siren.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:20 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:It's Hackham Marbles. The boots would have been stolen in the warm up and on the shelf at cash converters on Main South Road at Morphett Vale before the first siren.

First coach (Moe) in city leagues called 'em crims in waiting before my fourth ever u/15's game in SFL. Silly me thought he was overacting
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:34 pm

In fairness the teams I played in were pretty good when it come to their on field behaviour. There were coaches I had there that were the best coaches I've ever had in either juniors and seniors. If there was any riff raff it was dealt with.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby BZB27 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:13 am

I think you got your point across LK hahaha
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:23 am

Jesus what the hell happened there. My wifi was playing up but I didn't expect that!
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby heater31 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:25 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Jesus what the hell happened there. My wifi was playing up but I didn't expect that!

Nah I think it's the bloody servers again :roll:

I'll fix it up for you but we do have a new record for identical posts ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:59 am

At least I'm good at something!
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:11 am

marbles wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:When all the SAFA Clubs came into SAAFL they all started down in the bottom Divisions and then worked there way into the division they should be in. ( even if meant winning a few fags on the way)

No they didnt lol

1996 about 15 teams joined and 3 premier division were made. These divisions were set higher than A1

The div 1 and 2 clubs chose to go up to these divs to join the premier divs :D

When Hope Valley joined saafl in 1987 they had to join DIV 6 ( I think it was the lowest "A" Div at the time) They won a Flag the First Year and where Promoted the next year, They then where promoted again the following year.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:41 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
marbles wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:When all the SAFA Clubs came into SAAFL they all started down in the bottom Divisions and then worked there way into the division they should be in. ( even if meant winning a few fags on the way)

No they didnt lol

1996 about 15 teams joined and 3 premier division were made. These divisions were set higher than A1

When Hope Valley joined saafl in 1987 they had to join DIV 6 ( I think it was the lowest "A" Div at the time) They won a Flag the First Year and where Promoted the next year, They then where promoted again the following year.

General Manager at the time the Late Alan Statton made every club who joined the SAAFL start in A6 as instructed by the delegates following the 1983 season.
Port District just dodged that bullet by returning to the league at the beginning of the 1983 season after a 4 year venture into SAFA since their amalgamation at the end of 1978 and were placed in A3. One year later and they would have started in A6. Now that would have been scary!!!!

Goodwood also avoided the A6 entry at the end of 1984 with their merger with St Raphaels and started in A4.
Camden after a 55 year history in the Glenelg South joined with Greek for the 1985 season who had lost their ground to form Greek Camden. This marriage lasted until the end of 1993 when they split with the Greek component moving to Henley to allow Henley them to enter at A1 level and Camden merged with P.H.O.S. in A3
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby marbles » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:49 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:
marbles wrote:

No they didnt lol

General Manager at the time the Late Alan Statton made every club who joined the SAAFL start in A6 as instructed by the delegates following the 1983 season.
Port District just dodged that bullet by returning to the league at the beginning of the 1983 season after a 4 year venture into SAFA since their amalgamation at the end of 1978 and were placed in A3. One year later and they would have started in A6. Now that would have been scary!!!!

Goodwood also avoided the A6 entry at the end of 1984 with their merger with St Raphaels and started in A4.
Camden after a 55 year history in the Glenelg South joined with Greek for the 1985 season who had lost their ground to form Greek Camden. This marriage lasted until the end of 1993 when they split with the Greek component moving to Henley to allow Henley them to enter at A1 level and Camden merged with P.H.O.S. in A3

go you greek! go the cheeky greek.... 586 Seaview Road Grange... Yiros like no other =P~
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:52 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
marbles wrote:

No they didnt lol

Norwood District (now Hectorville) and Walkerville joined in 1990 and went straight into Div 6 as well.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby marbles » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:11 pm

brighton are going to go to an all members vote soon (see SFL forum),

i think a place in a high division must be publicly made officially vacant for them, giving them a free path to div 2 or 3 and all the consequenses that come with it must be publicly offered asap

give them a div 2 or div 3 place now else their voters may believe its a div 5 vacancy only for their club

joe bloggs and humphrey b. bomber may say vote NO to div 5 but would vote YES to div 2

nonetheless a div 5 place for them means premiership success highly likely so you may vote YES just for that instead of boring uncompetitive SFL matches every second week
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League