Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:That is definite crap.
That's just people looking to lay the blame for something they don't like but which was in train well before Hamley collapsed.

I think they cite it as an example of what can happen but it was not the reason for the cap being developed.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Despite the obvious poor results on the field, it seems that the spirits are pretty high out at the Bridge, they seem to be a tight knit group who don't beat themselves up about their current position.
They've done well to field 2 teams every week, hats off to those who have stuck around and done the hard yards.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Officejet » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:36 pm

OnSong wrote:
That's just people looking to lay the blame for something they don't like but which was in train well before Hamley collapsed.

I think they cite it as an example of what can happen but it was not the reason for the cap being developed.

That's what I heard, they did cite it as a reason for the cap. Still not sure if the current people at Hamley would be that wrapped with the CFL going around telling fellow leagues they are stuffed.
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Officejet wrote:
OnSong wrote:

That's what I heard, they did cite it as a reason for the cap. Still not sure if the current people at Hamley would be that wrapped with the CFL going around telling fellow leagues they are stuffed.

Significant difference between "reason for" and "example of".
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:51 pm

Officejet wrote:

Hamley's salary cap used to be a headband.
I think they've learnt from it and it would be hard to compete with clubs such as Balaklava, Mallala, Freeling, Kapunda and Riverton all within close proximity and given their population.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby test » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Congrats to Simon "Lurch" Schulz who plays his 250th tomorrow. Massive achievement from someone who has given (and still giving) so much to the club over a very long period of time. They don't make loyalty that he has shown anymore, hopefully we can upset Hummocks tomorrow and get a win for the big Lurch!

And what's he played in 9 A grade cricket flags too? Something like that anyway, top effort to play 250.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Officejet wrote:
OnSong wrote:

I've been told the club has cash for next year. All ready to go.
Good news.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:38 am

How would everyone's report cards look on the season?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Officejet » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:21 am

According to Sportingpulse I can report Hamley kicked 6 goals on the weekend.
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby GIDDY UP! » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:39 pm

Thought it would be interesting to see how the Top10 goal kicker went without having played Hamley..... And the results are in!

Niklaus 125 - 72 (19,34)
Montgomery 68 - 36 (11,21)
Rose 67 - 37 (8,13,9)
McPharlin 56 - 30 (12,2,12)
Harris 46 - 20 (14,12)
Ross 44 - 24 (10,10)
Brice 43 - 25 (7,8,3)
Pym 32 - 18 (9,5,4)
Allmond 32 - 10 (9,4,9)
Seccafien 32 - 17 (3,7,5)
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Snags » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:49 am

Mail medal predictions
Winner: Ned Seccafien
Runner up: Brad Robertson
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:11 pm

OnSong wrote:

At the SFL meeting they used Hamley Bridge as an example of why they need to protect clubs from themselves.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:00 pm

***Breaking News***

SACFL AMEND PLAYER PAYMENTS REGULATION

The South Australian Community Football League has adopted a series of amendments to Regulation 31 – Player Payments, in preparation for its introduction in season 2016.
After conducting a series of consultation meetings in which SACFL Leagues and Clubs provided feedback on the Regulation, the SACFL board has approved a number of changes which are effective immediately.

Summary of Key Amendments:
1. Maximum Total Player Payments per match has been increased from $3,000 to $4,000 in 2016, reduced to $3,000 in 2017.
2.Marquee player may now be registered any time before May 1. This was previously restricted to before Round 1 of the Affiliated League’s season.
3. Incentives increased from $250 weekly to $600 weekly with a maximum of $300 in value which can be accrued.

‘’I would like to thank the members of the Player Payments Sub-Committee for their tireless work, as well as the clubs and leagues for their input in delivering the outcomes achieved,’’ SACFL Chairman David Shipway said.
"This program was instigated at the clubs and leagues’ request to address the most important issue currently facing Community Football.
“I urge all clubs and leagues to get behind the introduction of the Player Payment Regulation and make it work for the long-term sustainability of football across South Australia.’’
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:46 pm

magpieeagle wrote:***Breaking News***

SACFL AMEND PLAYER PAYMENTS REGULATION

The South Australian Community Football League has adopted a series of amendments to Regulation 31 – Player Payments, in preparation for its introduction in season 2016.
After conducting a series of consultation meetings in which SACFL Leagues and Clubs provided feedback on the Regulation, the SACFL board has approved a number of changes which are effective immediately.

Summary of Key Amendments:
1. Maximum Total Player Payments per match has been increased from $3,000 to $4,000 in 2016, reduced to $3,000 in 2017.
2.Marquee player may now be registered any time before May 1. This was previously restricted to before Round 1 of the Affiliated League’s season.
3. Incentives increased from $250 weekly to $600 weekly with a maximum of $300 in value which can be accrued.

‘’I would like to thank the members of the Player Payments Sub-Committee for their tireless work, as well as the clubs and leagues for their input in delivering the outcomes achieved,’’ SACFL Chairman David Shipway said.
"This program was instigated at the clubs and leagues’ request to address the most important issue currently facing Community Football.
“I urge all clubs and leagues to get behind the introduction of the Player Payment Regulation and make it work for the long-term sustainability of football across South Australia.’’

LOL, what about when Farmer Jones hands Jimmy Smith an envelope as he's walking to his ute in the carpark??
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:29 pm

Tips for the weekend:

Saturday
A - Virginia v Two Wells - This could genuinely go either way but I think Virginia by 5 goals
B - Virginia v Two Wells - Virginia easily. Could be one of the best B Grade sides ever played in our league. Virginia by 10 goals
17's - Mallala v Two Wells - Mallala in a close game by 3 goals
14's - Two Wells v Balaklava - Two Wells by a comfortable 4 goal margin

Sunday
A - Mallala v Hummocks - Mallala in a blowout to show the gap between the top 3 and the rest. Pies by 12 goals
B - Mallala v United - Would love to tip the tigers, but there will be too many quality players from Mallala playing. Mallala by 9 goals
17's Balaklava v Virginia - The Balak colts have obviously been saving themselves for this game by refusing to play A Grade. Would wanna hope it pays off. Balak by 4 points in a nail biter.
14's - United v Hamley - Battle of the small towns. The Tigers with 14 players going up to 17's next year will be too big. United by 7 goals.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Fair effort from Wells Wells to have all 4 sides playing on Saturday.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby norm11 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Fair effort from Wells Wells to have all 4 sides playing on Saturday.

Great effort. Where is the game Saturday??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:42 pm

norm11 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Fair effort from Wells Wells to have all 4 sides playing on Saturday.

Great effort. Where is the game Saturday??

Lochiel
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:42 pm

Lochiel
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy