Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 11, 2015 11:02 am

morell wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Ok, what I'm gathering here is that Morell is pissed because AV sung the song on the oval, even though AV lost according to Sporting pulse :lol:

There's a new trend - singing the song on the oval after you've lost :lol:
Hahhaha nooooooooo

The Angle Vale A Grade won and sung the song on the oval - after a game which was played in good spirits and with no dramas at all.

The Reserves was where things got a tad out of hand.

I'm just confused now...

So, you won anyway despite your scores being wiped

COngratulations on making Mt Everest out of a speed hump.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1745 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon May 11, 2015 11:02 am

morell wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The last clause is a little open ended, it's either lose the points scored or not lose the points score IMO.
We won the game even with the score being wiped, so I don't think anything will be done.

Gee wiz, wouldn't it have been easier if AV just gave us a heads up and we dragged a player off immediately. :roll:

How are AV supposed to know if you were doing it on purpose or by accident? We had a player count in R1 of D5R, Greenacres just accepted that they stuffed up and moved on....like you should.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby cracka » Mon May 11, 2015 11:03 am

woodublieve12 wrote:1. regarding the red card, the umpire should have told the officials what the go is ie can he be replaced or not. my understanding is can't be replaced for ten minutes.

2. the extra man on the field. whether it's d7 or d1 the coaching staff have to be aware were your players are. MP certainly at fault here.

3. Singing the song on the oval is a disgrace and my opinion on that will never change. Only winning a flag is when it's a acceptable imo

4. reserve umpires are generally bad, i've only seen a handful of good ones. seen some who flat out refuse to give the opposition free kicks...

5. can't believe this has gone for 4 pages now & not looking like ending anytime soon :lol:

Edited. :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 11:06 am

woodublieve12 wrote:why do they need to give a warning???
Because it would be the sporting, pragmatic, logical and classy thing to do?

Beefster it was abundantly clear it was an innocent mistake.

As I said, if we ignored it, and got an advantage from it, then yeah, call a count.

It's D7R reserves. No one is going to lose their paycheck because of a loss, no one is going to take home a foreign bride if you win ... it's social football. My understanding of social football means having a laugh and not taking it too seriously and being good sports about it all.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 11:06 am

cracka wrote:Edited. :D
Lets catch D6. :D :D
morell
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 11, 2015 11:06 am

Morell, I know you like to think outside of the box on this one, but it might be time to hop back in it.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 11, 2015 11:07 am

morell wrote: It's D7R reserves. No one is going to lose their paycheck because of a loss, no one is going to take home a foreign bride if you win ... it's social football. My understanding of social football means having a laugh and not taking it too seriously and being good sports about it all.

And, yet, you're grumbling about the opposition warming up at your end.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 11, 2015 11:07 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Morell, I know you like to think outside of the box on this one, but it might be time to hop back in it.

and superglue the lid ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:10 am

morell wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:why do they need to give a warning???
Because it would be the sporting, pragmatic, logical and classy thing to do?

Beefster it was abundantly clear it was an innocent mistake.

As I said, if we ignored it, and got an advantage from it, then yeah, call a count.

It's D7R reserves. No one is going to lose their paycheck because of a loss, no one is going to take home a foreign bride if you win ... it's social football. My understanding of social football means having a laugh and not taking it too seriously and being good sports about it all.

I reckon you are way off the mark Morrell. If it's just social football why bother having scores and a ladder? Its a competition mate and I know in div6r my boys all play to win if that means pulling up the opposition for having too many on the field accidently or not we wouldn't hesitate.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 11:11 am

Fair enough. Will do. I understand my "relaxed" view of football isn't everyone's cup of tea, even at my own club I cop licks for thinking its the equivalent of tiddlywinks (Hi Davo!) and have angered many a coach and captain for fooling around and laughing too close to the start of the game. I just don't take it seriously. When you're playing a game that is adjudicated by peers and the opposition, it's not serious.

So in my mind it's a bit like inviting a guest over to play a friendly game of monopoly only to have them undertake a Jujutsu move when you accidently rolled the dice off the board.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 11:14 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
morell wrote: It's D7R reserves. No one is going to lose their paycheck because of a loss, no one is going to take home a foreign bride if you win ... it's social football. My understanding of social football means having a laugh and not taking it too seriously and being good sports about it all.

Dogwatcher.

For the third ******* time.

Warming up at our end is not a big deal. Mistakes happen.

it was the abuse and attempts to start a fight because we were too close to them, that I have issues with.
morell
Coach

Postby carey » Mon May 11, 2015 11:30 am

morell wrote:It's D7R reserves.

Exactly, Yet we need some formal enquiry from the grand jury and 6 pages of rubbish because of a head count and warming up at the wrong end :shock:

If your speeding but its an incident mistake would MP expect the lovely police officer to pull you over and kindly warn you? "Excuse me matey, Buddy o Pal your slightly over of the limit there mate please back off a bit. Ok son move along now"......Of course not as you broke a rule. Intentional or not you broke a rule you cop your wack I would've thought that is end of the story......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 11, 2015 11:35 am

morell wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Dogwatcher.

For the third ******* time.

Warming up at our end is not a big deal. Mistakes happen.

it was the abuse and attempts to start a fight because we were too close to them, that I have issues with.

I know it's not the main problem to you but it's part of the argument you've built so say that Angle Vale are a mob of shit *****. In fact, your original complaint, IIRC, didn't mention the 'afters', just the warm-up end.
Add that to the thought they shouldn't have called a head count and your argument falls into a heap.
Plus, if you're going to say it's only D7R then it shouldn't matter where you warm up and your argument falters even further.
They're your words. It's your argument. You've gotta expect that people will base their response to you on those claims.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon May 11, 2015 11:41 am

The poor kid just wants his 2 goals back which were blatantly stolen from him Saturday afternoon at MP oval at approximately 12:45pm

If anyone knows the where abouts of these 2 goals or has any information in relation to the incident please call crimestoppers immediately.
Last edited by marbles on Mon May 11, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 11:41 am

Each minor annoyance, indiscretion, rudeness - whatever you want to call it - looked at in isolation is not in any way a major deal and they've all happened before and it's fine. Heck we've been guilty of some of them I am sure.

When you add them all up however, on the same day, it creates a bad perception of that club - that is my personal opinion.

The other major problem as I said to my opponent. This isn't the first time with AV. I think every time I have played against them there has been some sort of controversy or drama and to be honest I'm sick of it. As per my post above, I play footy to have a laugh and unwind. I dont have the energy to be dealing with crap like we did on Saturday.
Last edited by morell on Mon May 11, 2015 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon May 11, 2015 11:42 am

S Demon wrote:I've always thought the team warmed up the same end according to their interchange bench location. There's not actually any "rules" though is there?

+1
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 11, 2015 11:48 am

and thus endeth this conversation.

This is all too much to deal with on a monday morning :roll: (-| :YMSIGH:

Footy Chick

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:51 am

Footy Chick wrote:and thus endeth this conversation.

This is all too much to deal with on a monday morning :roll: (-| :YMSIGH:

Now what am I suppose to read at work :?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 11:54 am

Sorry FC, last one I promise!

carey wrote:If your speeding but its an incident mistake would MP expect the lovely police officer to pull you over and kindly warn you? "Excuse me matey, Buddy o Pal your slightly over of the limit there mate please back off a bit. Ok son move along now"......Of course not as you broke a rule. Intentional or not you broke a rule you cop your wack I would've thought that is end of the story......
I was actually going to use this analogy!

Exactly! Who wants to deal with traffic cops in their recreation time when they're supposed to be having fun! 8)

Speeding Cameras have I think an 11% discretion built into them. You can go 66.6 in a 60 zone for example.

#pragmatism #discretion #imnotplayingmonopolywithanyofyou
morell
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 11, 2015 11:54 am

Fisty, this thing had legs. Can't believe you're closing it down.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League