Hogg Premier League 2015

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Premier League 2015

Postby Q. » Mon May 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Griffin doesn't look interested.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon May 04, 2015 2:11 pm

Q. wrote:Griffin doesn't look interested.

I read an article on how Griffen felt 'freed' by his decision to change clubs and he was looking to repay the faith shown him by Cameron by playing his best football. At a reasonable price I was one who bought this cock and bull story. Meanwhile Griff still is inconsistent as a cheap ham and pea soup while the Bulldogs are going gangbusters without him. Hmm, wonder what the problem was there. :evil:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Hondo » Mon May 04, 2015 3:22 pm

I am not having a go at the pick BTW. I know many people selected Griffin and he cross my mind several times. I always stopped because whenever I looked at his SC history he's basically never been a midfield premium apart from one golden run in one year for about 12 games. I think it was 2013.

New club, new lease of life and good price meant I can see why people took the plunge.

Anyway, so I have Newnes ... :cry:
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Banker » Mon May 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Griffen will play well now.

Because I just traded him out for Gray.

Apologies to the Robbie Gray owners. ](*,)
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri May 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Round 5 Previews

Has Been vs. SHARKS - MATCH OF THE ROUND

The newcomers to Premier League this season have started off the season in fine style and none are doing it better than Spiro's SHARKS. Spiro got on board the Lachie Neale train very early and you would think that Neale should have a field day as Sandi should smash Belch in the ruck giving that mighty Docker midfield first use. Of last years guns teams, Has Been has stood out. Like Sprio the Beeners have also been on a winning run and this is a genuine top of the table blockbuster in the Premier League this week. Overall, the Sharkies look to be the stronger side and I reckon the SHARKS will get the win.

REBCats vs. Hondo SCC

Hondo bounced back to form last week with a solid win over the Rolfsbergurs and should be able to continue his winning ways over the struggling REBCats. Both teams are missing key players this week although Hondo appears to have a few more out in Henderson and Bennell. These factors don't quite cancel out Hondo's midfield advantage though and I predict a narrow win for Hondo SCC with REBCats to score 2056 or something close yet again.

Peptide Army vs. Cork in the Ocean

The Army was unable to defeat the Longwood Lions last week so the task of defeating the reigning premier appears to be beyond them. The Peptide likes to pull left field POD selections to aid his cause but this year's model Stephen Coniligio appears to be a bust. While this call may be a little premature what is not is that Troy has missed both reliable defenders in Heath Shaw and Tom McDonald. Corky has not missed out on Heater and he also has a Freo midfielder in Fyfe and I think that Cork in the Ocean will get the points in this match.

Underdogs vs. Ben Rolfsburgers

Last week the Underdogs pulled out a good score and the Rolfs had an off day but the Doggies only just surpassed their score. Teams that had Harley Bennell in them had the advantage last week as he ran riot against Brisbane but it's a disadvantage for Harley owners this week. That and the overall scoring patterns for the season means it's hard to see anything other than a Ben Rolfsburgers victory.

Squeakeroos_DTC vs. Longwood Lions

This is a vitally important match between two teams that I don't tip very often. The Lions scrambled home with a much needed win against the Peptide Army and this match could be just as important for Alaska's chances of staying up. Squeaky will need to bring McIntosh and possibly Van Berlo to cover this week's outs. These two sides both have Belch as a forward which is an area of weakness but a bigger issue for the Lions is that they have three out in the midfield. With that extra out in the prime scoring zone I'm selecting Squeakeroos_DTC in this match.

Captain Who? vs. wycbloods

Yes, bloods has to cover Jordan Lewis and he will probably play vest candidate Jed Anderson but looking at Captain Who's team I don't think he is going to double up with what he got last week. I can't see Houli getting 160, Oxley 150 and Crisp 148 this week. The chances of those duds not proving those freak scores are anything but a complete fluke are pretty slim I reckon. I'm just Jelly cos I picked Bernie Smith and Ryan Griffen who scored squat but I reckon all things such as this even up a bit in the end. So I'm going for the upset - wycbloods to win and restore my faith in humanity.

Buddy Franklin vs. Ecky's Fevolas

Buddy Franklin comes into this match looking to be in pretty good shape although he must be suffering heap big buyers remorse on the purchase of clanger king Taylor Hunt. Eckys meanwhile, continue to be a side that appears to be building for the future judging by the amount of youth in his squad. Somehow, Ecky has kept his cool while Belch, Ryan ******* Griffen, Ibbo, Newnes and Beardo Simpson have been underwhelming. Will Ecky pull the trigger on CEY and pull an upgrade or will he stick to his patient cash cow milking strategy. It seems to me that Ecky is patient but Buddy aint Flat. Buddy Franklin to win.

Honey Badgers vs. Q Before You

With his three ruck strategy and having to cover Harley Bennell, I reckon the Badgers could be in a bit of strife against the consistent Q Before You. Fresh off a win over his old rival the Captain, Q is looking pretty good here to make it two wins on the trot. Another bonanza from Scott Pendlebury would help matters and this is a chance against the Cats tonight so look out for the VC on Pendles. I think Q will be too strong in this game and I'm tipping Q Before You to win this one by about 80.

Cotch Lickers vs. Les’s Men
A few years ago CoverKing invited a couple of mates to join the Hogg. Those mates were Les’s Men and Divvy II outfit Hips Don’t Lie. Come Sunday night he might be regretting this decision as the Lezzes look primed to clean up the Cotch Lickers who have been struggling a bit so far this season. I'm tipping that Les's Men will win this game and be laughing at the top of the ladder while rivals SHARKS and Has Been slug it out.

regards,

REB

regards,

REB
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Fri May 15, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri May 08, 2015 1:09 pm

Banker wrote:Griffen will play well now.

Because I just traded him out for Gray.

Apologies to the Robbie Gray owners. ](*,)

He's due for that random 135 he gets from time to time. I bloody hope so why did I pick the fool? :shock:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby hambone » Fri May 08, 2015 2:22 pm

Coniglio is just getting ready to fire next week against them toothless rebcats mate! 50 games this week too.
-2007 Hogg Shield Winner-
hambone
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Hamilton Imperials

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri May 08, 2015 6:47 pm

hambone wrote:Coniglio is just getting ready to fire next week against them toothless rebcats mate! 50 games this week too.

Just watch out for the might of Ryan ******* Griffen. Got to be a massive 77 at least next week.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun May 10, 2015 9:01 pm

Round 5

REBCats 2250
Hondo SCC 2090

Peptide Army 2218
Cork in the Ocean 2106

Underdogs 2236
Ben Rolfsburgers 2126

Longwood Lions 2134
Squeakeroos DTC 2011

Captain Who? 2121
wycbloods 2103

Buddy Franklin 2209
Eckys Fevolas 2185

Q Before You 2145
Honey Badgers 1977

Cotch Lickers 2238
Les's Men 2134

SHARKS 2146
Has Been 2122

Ladder

1 SHARKS 5 0 0 10954 10477 104.55 20
2 Has Been 4 1 0 10573 10190 103.76 16
3 Les's Men 4 1 0 10998 10843 101.43 16
4 Q Before You 4 1 0 10511 10454 100.55 16
5 Ben Rolfsburgers 3 2 0 10905 10790 101.07 12
6 Captain Who? 3 2 0 10426 10383 100.41 12
7 Cork in the Ocean 3 2 0 10629 10647 99.83 12
8 Buddy Franklin 2 3 0 10598 10339 102.51 8

9 Hondo SCC 2 3 0 10578 10435 101.37 8
10 REBCats 2 3 0 10561 10480 100.77 8
11 Underdogs 2 3 0 10763 10715 100.45 8
12 Peptide Army 2 3 0 10634 10630 100.04 8
13 Longwood Lions 2 3 0 10288 10367 99.24 8
14 Squeakeroos DTC 2 3 0 10210 10504 97.20 8
15 Cotch Lickers 2 3 0 10387 10760 96.53 8
16 Ecky's Fevolas 1 4 0 10468 10584 98.90 4
17 Honey Badgers 1 4 0 10024 10384 96.53 4
18 wycbloods 1 4 0 10059 10584 95.04 4

It was advantage SHARKS and Q Before You this weekend as the top scoring teams in Hogg Premier took a bit of a stumble in Round 5. The SHARKS and Has Been had a slight dip in scoring but that didn't worry Spiro as his SHARKS held on for a 24 point win in their top of the table clash with Has Been. Q Before You were lucky enough to be on the receiving end of something of a gift after their opponent, the struggling Honey Badgers failed to crack 2000 which gave Q a much needed percentage booster while other rivals were falling over. Les's Men suffered an upset loss to CoverKings Cotch Lickers who licked the Lezzes by over a hundred points in what was their first defeat for the year. Ben Rolfsburgers also got rolled by over a hundred which made it a good week for Q as Q Before You stormed into the top four.

CoverKing wasn't the only struggling Premier League coach to get a win as the Ipswich connection in Peptide Army and the REBCats both scored important wins to edge away from the relegation zone a week before the Ippy Derby in Round 6. Buddy Franklin are in a similar boat and they accounted for Ecky's Fevolas whose slow start strategy must be making Ecky fans sweat across the country. Alaska made it two on the trot against Squeaky in what could well prove to be a decisive victory with both sides struggling to rack up the big scores this year. Captain Who? managed to hold off an unlucky wycbloods who are now in trouble as they have dropped four straight matches since winning their opening round clash.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Hondo » Sun May 10, 2015 11:26 pm

Well done REB you smashed me. My highly rated midfield failed to fire. Danger, Joel, Sloane all down.

Sloane is killing me... honestly two different injuries in two weeks and two sub affected scores.
Hondo
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun May 10, 2015 11:35 pm

Sloane and Rocky will be in everyone's teams at dirt cheap prices soon enough
Q.
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri May 15, 2015 11:43 am

Round 6 Preview

In the AFL they have theme weeks, if we did the same in Fantasy then this round could be called 'Neighbors Round'. No not the shitty show that refused to die but if you have a look at the ladder you'll see this week that nearly everyone is playing someone close to them on the ladder. This could be a defining round in this competition with the contenders starting to sort themselves out from the pretenders.

SHARKS vs. Les’s Men MATCH OF THE ROUND

The SHARKS are smashing it this season with the challengers coming thick and fast during the early rounds of the season. The SHARKS have dispensed with all comers and this week another tough match looms as the Division I Grand Final replay could well become the Premier League Grand Final for this year. The SHARKS have done a good job this season of anticipating which players were going to gun it and even though Les’s Men will be no pushover , I’m selecting the SHARKS to win and remain unbeaten. Should be a cracker.

REBCats vs. Peptide Army

The Ipswich Derby is the oldest established rivalry in the Premier League as these two sides have been clashing swords since the inagural Hogg year of 2007. Over that time, Troy has had the better of the REBCats and with a lot of injuries to the Cats’ initial squad little appears to have changed. New soldier to the Army Stefan Martin could well prove to be a master stroke as the Cats are still carrying the underwhelming Belch. Unfortuantely I reckon Peptide Army will claim the points.

Underdogs vs. Hondo SCC

This is a massive game for Hondo here as he attempts to stay in touch with the top eight. Sharksta's side looks very strong even though they have the problem that most of us will have this week, limited to zero midfield coverage. Hondo appears to be a player down in this match up but will welcome back Harley Bennell and Ricky Henderson who were both missed in the loss to the REBCats last week. Problem for Hondo is that Bennell plays for the Underdogs as well so his inclusion does not equal an advantage for him. Gibbo appears to be gaining some momentum and this is a quality that has eluded Hondo all season so I'm predicting an Underdogs victory.

Squeakeroos DTC vs. Cork in the Ocean

Last week I selected Squeaky to sneak home but they let me down so this week I’m sticking to a tested formula by not selecting him. Corky had a slip up against the Peptide Army last week and will not want to drop a successive match to a team not in the top eight or he’ll soon be joining us. Squeaky’s best is good enough…after all they still up here with us but this season they are struggling to string together wins. Cork in the Ocean to win this one.

Captain Who? vs. Ben Rolfsburgers

Both of these sides are in the top eight courtesy of a very strong midfield combination. With many teams struggling to find nine mids this week you wouldn't want to be playing either of these teams. Luckily for us, they are playing each other. The Captain has some funky players such as Houli and Hunt in the backline which makes them tough to predict when guys like Houli can go huge one week and not so well the next. The decisive advantage is with the Rolfs however - Not only do they have a Monty Burns midfield they have a fairly handy forward line as well. Up forward the Captain is less intimidating and that's why I'm tipping Ben Rolfsburgers.

Buddy Franklin vs. Longwood Lions

After losing their first three matches this season it looked like the same old story for the Lions. In the last two weeks though Alaska has been running hot. I blame Global Warming. Wins over Peptide Army and Squeakeroos has put the Lions back on the map but a win against top eight team Buddy Franklin would represent their biggest scalp to date. Buddy has a well organised side but he will be thinking of moving on Daniel Rich who showed he still has the propensity to stink it up as his price dropped after playing of all teams, Carlton. One possible weakness for Buddy is in the backline but the Lions' backline is just as dodgy. Alaska will welcome back Wallis this week but how many points he will get against Freo remains to be seen. The Lions will roar but I reckon Buddy Franklin will kick a winning score.

Honey Badgers vs. wycbloods

Did someone say relegation? Of course not it's bloody May but the loser of this bottom of the table clash is in a spot of bother. Out of form keepers, stalled cows and injuries have cruelled the Badgers' first Premier League season and wycbloods has been going as well as a bloke with one leg in an arse kicking competition since winning the first match. wycbloods traded in Armitage in a brilliant move only for Sloane to go down as well. Bloods will be busy at the trade table this week and if he can continue to pull the right reins then wycbloods will win and end their recent drought which is bad news for the Badgers.

Cotch Lickers vs. Ecky's Fevolas

Time is running out for Ecky's to make a mark this season as they have now slipped to 1-4. Ecky will be one of many who will be cursing Kade Simpson's 'calf soreness' which has now turned into a two week injury. Simpson appealed as one of the few dependable defenders this season but his efforts this year must be testing the patience of even Ecky who appears to have plenty. Cotch Lickers got their season back on track with what must have been a satisfying win over his mate Les's Men last week. CoverKing has a lot less red crosses on his team board and that is why I think Cotch Lickers will win this game.

Has Been vs. Q Before You

These two sides are sitting in the top five of the Premier League despite scoring 400 points less this season than other teams in this top bracket. Has Been is sitting in second despite the presence of Belch, Heeney and Simpson. Has Been has to put his finger in that leaky defence with donuts all of a sudden bobbing up everywhere. Meanwhile Q has the same problem in the midfield. No trades equals a bakery for both coaches so this match will be decided at the selection table. Tipping this one is impossible but surely someone has to score a big score against Has Been, he can't continue on without getting punished like the rest of us. So here I am, reaching for straws looking for a reason to tip Q Before You to win, but I think he can.

regards,

REB
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Fri May 15, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri May 15, 2015 1:25 pm

I have a bye?
Q.
Coach

Postby One Club Player » Fri May 15, 2015 5:08 pm

Q. wrote:I have a bye?

Me too ;)

I got excited when I saw how decimated your midfield was........then I realised you've probably got a stack of cash to unleash after trading in two rookies last week
One Club Player
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Q. » Fri May 15, 2015 5:11 pm

One Club Player wrote:

Me too ;)

I got excited when I saw how decimated your midfield was........then I realised you've probably got a stack of cash to unleash after trading in two rookies last week

Close to $700K but I'm waiting to get Rocky when he bottoms out.
Q.
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri May 15, 2015 5:35 pm

One Club Player wrote:

Me too ;)

Sorry lads, pasted your game into the Round 5 preview. Naturally I will get to play Q with premiums everywhere! ACK,

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun May 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Round 6

REBCats 2152
Peptide Army 1999

Hondo SCC 2127
Underdogs 2012

Squeakeroos DTC 1974
Cork in the Ocean 1869

Captain Who? 2173
Ben Rolfsburgers 2161

Buddy Franklin 2217
Longwood Lions 2143

wycbloods 2150
Honey Badgers 2052

Cotch Lickers 2249
Eckys Fevolas 2119

Has Been 2205
Q Before You 2021

Les's Men 2107
SHARKS 2068

Ladder

1 Has Been 5 1 0 12778 12211 104.64 20
2 SHARKS 5 1 0 13022 12584 103.48 20
3 Les's Men 5 1 0 13105 12911 101.50 20
4 Captain Who? 4 2 0 12599 12544 100.44 16
5 Q Before You 4 2 0 12532 12659 99.00 16
6 Buddy Franklin 3 3 0 12815 12482 102.67 12
7 Hondo SCC 3 3 0 12705 12447 102.07 12
8 REBCats 3 3 0 12713 12479 101.88 12

9 Ben Rolfsburgers 3 3 0 13066 12963 100.79 12
10 Cork in the Ocean 3 3 0 12498 12621 99.03 12
11 Squeakeroos DTC 3 3 0 12184 12373 98.47 12
12 Cotch Lickers 3 3 0 12636 12879 98.11 12
13 Underdogs 2 4 0 12775 12842 99.48 8
14 Peptide Army 2 4 0 12633 12782 98.83 8
15 Longwood Lions 2 4 0 12431 12584 98.78 8
16 wycbloods 2 4 0 12209 12636 96.62 8
17 Ecky's Fevolas 1 5 0 12587 12833 98.08 4
18 Honey Badgers 1 5 0 12076 12534 96.35 4

The dust has settled on Neighbors Round and the big move of the round is that the SHARKS have been knocked off of the top of the ladder after they suffered a 39 point defeat at the hands of fellow top four contender Les's Men. Has Been went to the top of the ladder after the Q Man had a pretty ordinary round, an affliction that touched many coaches in a round of carnage. Captain Who? climbed into the top four at Q's expense with an eight point victory over Ben Rolfsburgers. The Rolfs are more than a bit unlucky to be outside the top eight as they lead the league for scoring but can't quite seem to get the wins on the board.

Hondo SCC and the REBCats moved into the top eight after they posted hefty upset wins over Underdogs and Peptide Army respectively. Cork in the Ocean put in a real horrowshow in their low-scoring loss to Squeakeroos and they joined the Rolfs in tumbling outside of the eight after six rounds. It was a good weekend for the Bloods brothers as Cotch Lickers and wycbloods both posted important victories over teams that shared their lowly status on the ladder. CoverKing had a great round this week topping the league in scoring one week after ending Les's Men's unbeaten start to the year. The Lickers are back in town! Longwood Lions continued their recent run of good form but could not bring home the points this week after they were defeated by top eight side Buddy Franklin.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri May 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Round 7 Previews

Les’s Men vs. Q Before You – MATCH OF THE ROUND

Last week Q went down to Has Been and he won’t find things any easier this as they are drawn to play another top four side in Les’s Men. The Lezzes are going so well they made short work of the SHARKS but Q Before You isn’t scoring anywhere near the rate required to pull off the upset. My tip – Les’s Men.

REBCats vs. Underdogs

REBCats’ record against the Underdogs is slowly improving but the Dogs have a much better squad in at this stage of the year and deserve to start favourites in this match. With the Underdogs still outside of the top eight they simply can’t afford to drop this match to the 8th ranked REBCats, a team they have consistently outscored so far this season. My tip – Underdogs.

Squeakeroos DTC vs. Peptide Army

The Army didn’t fire a shot in the grudge match against the ‘toothless’ REBCats and can’t afford to drop another match to a team outside the top eight or they might find a permanent home there themselves. Squeaky has struggled to score well consistently but that hasn’t stopped the Squeakeroos from achieving a 3-3 record. I can see Hammo watching events unfolding this weekend and pouncing late. My tip – Peptide Army.

Captain Who? vs. Hondo SCC

On paper the Captain doesn’t look all that strong but that hasn’t stopped Groover’s men from advancing to a 4-2 record and a top eight ranking. After a slow start Hondo has also climbed into the top eight and could equal the Captain on four wins with a narrow win here. My Captain theory has been misfiring all season so this week I’m bucking the trend and selecting Captain Who? My tip – Captain Who?

Buddy Franklin vs. Cork in the Ocean

Corky started the season strongly but has fallen on hard times in recent weeks. Interceptor’s team is not scoring as consistently as they were at the start of the season and they look vulnerable against Buddy Franklin this week. Buddy has been mid-table or thereabouts for the majority of the season and a Buddy victory wouldn’t surprise. My tip – Buddy Franklin.

Honey Badgers vs. Ben Rolfsburgers

The Badgers sit stone motherless last on the ladder after losing to wycbloods last week and now face the challenge of taking on the leading scorer in the league, the Rolfs. Ben Rolfsburgers may be leading the scoring but somehow this strong team is not in the top eight. A loss to the last placed Badgers is not what the Doctor ordered but this seems like an unlikely outcome. My tip – Ben Rolfsburgers.

Cotch Lickers vs. Longwood Lions

CoverKing’s Cotch Lickers appear to have the stronger combination in this clash between two teams that have shown improved form in recent weeks. Alaska’s Lions might have got done last week but they aren’t the walk up four points they were earlier in the season. The Lickers’ scoring graph has trended sharply upwards in recent weeks and I expect them to rack up another victory. My tip – Cotch Lickers.

Has Been vs. wycbloods

wycbloods are going to go from the outhouse to the penthouse as they take on the top team in the league one week after defeating 18th ranked Honey Badgers. Has Been’s record over the past two seasons has been very good and it will take a better team than wycbloods to knock them off their newly acquired pedestal. My tip – Has Been.

SHARKS vs. Eckys Fevolas

Last week the SHARKS’ winning run came to an end while the Eckys added another loss to his growing collection. Ecky needs to pull out an upset or three to get back in contention or he’ll be relying on a late run to make the finals. Right now relegation looks the greater threat even though I suspect the Fevs are a trade rich environment at this point in the season. Even if Ecky pulls the trigger, he’s too many trades behind the SHARKS to get the win. My tip – SHARKS.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun May 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Round 7

Underdogs 2077
REBCats 1973

Peptide Army 2053
Squeakeroos DTC 2035

Hondo SCC 2100
Captain Who? 1972

Cork in the Ocean 2192
Buddy Franklin 2179

Honey Badgers 2231
Ben Rolfsburgers 2176

Cotch Lickers 2124
Longwood Lions 2026

Has Been 2351
wycbloods 1991

Eckys Fevolas 2208
SHARKS 2086

Q Before You 2125
Les's Men 2105

Ladder

1 Has Been 6 1 0 15129 14202 106.53 24
2 SHARKS 5 2 0 15108 14792 102.14 20
3 Les's Men 5 2 0 15210 15306 99.37 20
4 Q Before You 5 2 0 14657 14764 99.28 20
5 Hondo SCC 4 3 0 14805 14419 102.68 16
6 Captain Who? 4 3 0 14571 14644 99.50 16
7 Cork in the Ocean 4 3 0 14690 14800 99.26 16
8 Cotch Lickers 4 3 0 14760 14905 99.03 16

9 Buddy Franklin 3 4 0 14994 14674 102.18 12
10 REBCats 3 4 0 14686 14556 100.89 12
11 Ben Rolfsburgers 3 4 0 15242 15194 100.32 12
12 Underdogs 3 4 0 14852 14815 100.25 12
13 Peptide Army 3 4 0 14686 14817 99.12 12
14 Squeakeroos DTC 3 4 0 14219 14426 98.57 12
15 Ecky's Fevolas 2 5 0 14795 14919 99.17 8
16 Longwood Lions 2 5 0 14457 14708 98.29 8
17 Honey Badgers 2 5 0 14307 14710 97.26 8
18 wycbloods 2 5 0 14200 14987 94.75 8

Don't look now but here comes Q! Despite suffering a back injury from sitting on a packed wallet, the Q Man has come out and knocked off highly rated Les's Men. Not only has Q got the points against a fellow top four contender you'd have to think there are plenty of upgrades coming up and that this talented team will only get stronger. How the **** he managed to be 5-2 while not spending any money has me stuffed though.

Has Been now have a one game buffer at the top of the ladder after they smashed wycbloods by 360 points. With the SHARKS losing as well as Les's Men things are looking pretty rosy for a team that managed to make the top four last season. Another perennial Premier League heavyweight made his move this week with Hondo SCC winning his third match on the trot. He defeated Captain Who? who looked set to put in a shitter for weeks. It only took one REB kiss of death selection for the Captain to fall.

Cotch Lickers are doing a bit of a Richmond at the moment as they have resurrected their season after a tardy start. This week's victims were the Longwood Lions and they slip into diggery-do while CoverKing waltzed into the eight. Cork in the Ocean turned around a recent lean spell after they squeezed past Buddy Franklin in a very tight match.

18th ranked Honey Badgers got off the bottom of the ladder after they pulled off a massive boilover over the luckless Ben Rolfsburgers who are still the number one ranked scorer in the league. Somehow, the Rolfs are even below the REBCats who can't string two good games together as they put in a real stinker against the Underdogs. It has really tightened up at the bottom end of the ladder with no obvious relegation candidates as Peptide Army got a crucial four points to defeat Squeakeroos DTC by 18 points or your average half time score of Harry ******* Lumuumba. LUMUUMBA! I'll curse that name till I die!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Hondo » Mon May 25, 2015 11:15 am

When I looked at Groover's team I immediately worried because it seemed full of uniqiues compared to my usual effort which is a team that is pretty standard. Unique teams always make you nervous as you never know whether this is the round the standard picks mess up.

We both had Tarrant and Lumumba on field which meant my two worst scores were matched. I had Goldy's 46 but then Groover was let down by his Richmond contingent in the last game (Cotchin, Hunt and Houli).

I lost a stack of points with Vandenberg and Hogan on my bench.
Last edited by Hondo on Mon May 25, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hondo
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy