Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:When blokes actually say what's on their minds after about 6 years of 'I'm fine, don't worry.' Keep talking! Talking is fantastic!

There are PLENTY of women who do the same thing

Oh, I agree! Women are hideous. I do it as well. It doesn't mean I'm fine, it means Mr McSpaz is f***ed. He doesn't let me get away with it any more though - if anything's wrong, he won't drop the subject until I spell it out. Which defeats the purpose, cos the whole point is to get them to work it out for themselves. :?
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:21 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:Oh, I agree! Women are hideous. I do it as well. It doesn't mean I'm fine, it means Mr McSpaz is f***ed. He doesn't let me get away with it any more though - if anything's wrong, he won't drop the subject until I spell it out. Which defeats the purpose, cos the whole point is to get them to work it out for themselves. :?

Good on him haha!

Fair enough if you know your partner well enough you can work it out but men get times where the issue is just complicated to work out for themselves and it's almost like they're expected to read the woman's mind and know what's going on in there, no matter how complicated it may be. Got that with my ex and it's the reason she is my ex lol.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:08 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Oh, I agree! Women are hideous. I do it as well. It doesn't mean I'm fine, it means Mr McSpaz is f***ed. He doesn't let me get away with it any more though - if anything's wrong, he won't drop the subject until I spell it out. Which defeats the purpose, cos the whole point is to get them to work it out for themselves. :?

Good on him haha!

Fair enough if you know your partner well enough you can work it out but men get times where the issue is just complicated to work out for themselves and it's almost like they're expected to read the woman's mind and know what's going on in there, no matter how complicated it may be. Got that with my ex and it's the reason she is my ex lol.

I don't reckon I've ever done it for anything complicated - I can't actually think of anything complicated, most of my issues are pretty straightforward. The ONE thing, and I mean the one thing that I've said 'I'm fine' for when I wasn't, in the last 2-3 years, was that I used to get upset that MM never went out of his way to do anything romantic for me. I accept that he's not that sort of person but I also reckon that people should make an effort occasionally, it's not too much to ask. I'm not a high maintenance person or anything, I was just sad that in nearly 8 years he'd never brought me flowers once. Even if they'd been picked off a stobie pole I wouldn't have minded, I just wanted the idea to occur to him. But it didn't and I couldn't come out and just say it, so I did the 'I'm fine' bulls*** and of course I ended up having to spell it out. :?
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:54 pm

I think if men know the issue and care enough for their partner then they will do everything they can to fix it.

It sucks that Mr McSpaz isn't a huge romantic as much as you wanted him to be and it's good you've accepted he's not but must be difficult when one partner isn't as romantic as the other. Buying flowers or any kind of showing affection towards your partner for that matter is not too much to ask, you're spot on. All couple have different ways of showing affection and I'm sure in any relationship it would be welcome at any given time.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby tipper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:04 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Good on him haha!

I don't reckon I've ever done it for anything complicated - I can't actually think of anything complicated, most of my issues are pretty straightforward. The ONE thing, and I mean the one thing that I've said 'I'm fine' for when I wasn't, in the last 2-3 years, was that I used to get upset that MM never went out of his way to do anything romantic for me. I accept that he's not that sort of person but I also reckon that people should make an effort occasionally, it's not too much to ask. I'm not a high maintenance person or anything, I was just sad that in nearly 8 years he'd never brought me flowers once. Even if they'd been picked off a stobie pole I wouldn't have minded, I just wanted the idea to occur to him. But it didn't and I couldn't come out and just say it, so I did the 'I'm fine' bulls*** and of course I ended up having to spell it out. :?

not saying your like this fisho, but sometimes blokes cant win.

im not particularly romantic either, but years ago i was meeting the wife at her work on a friday, and i happened to be walking through the mall on the way, so i bought her a bunch of flowers, just because. got to her work and got the admin girls to call her to the front so i could give them to her, and her immediate response? "what have you done wrong??" ..... told her then and there its the last time i ever buy her flowers if thats the reponse i get, and ive stuck to it.

dont buy flowers "you never show me affection".... do buy flowers "what have you done wrong?"..... bugger it, ill just spend it on beer instead :evil:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:22 am

I just dont understand buying flowers in general....i wouldn't want anyone to spend a few hours wages on plants that are gonna die pretty quickly anyway. Just doesn't make sense to me. And I dont understand how buying them shows you love them. Putting up with their shit should be proof enough. ;)

I also think females that are like that should appreciate the ACTUAL things men go through to keep them comfortable and happy. I dont know about anyone else, but I try to make my missus's life as easy as possible. If she needs something, I'll do it happily. It works both ways. I appreciate everything she does for me.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:39 am

HH3 wrote:I just dont understand buying flowers in general....i wouldn't want anyone to spend a few hours wages on plants that are gonna die pretty quickly anyway. Just doesn't make sense to me. And I dont understand how buying them shows you love them. Putting up with their shit should be proof enough. ;)

Whilst not my missus I just went through the whole process of buying flowers for a female work colleague as she helped me get to the office each day after my ankle reco. Feck me this flower business is expensive, nearly $100 later and a simple arrangement delivered. This is something for special occasions gents not a regular thing :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby MatteeG » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:45 am

heater31 wrote:
HH3 wrote:I just dont understand buying flowers in general....i wouldn't want anyone to spend a few hours wages on plants that are gonna die pretty quickly anyway. Just doesn't make sense to me. And I dont understand how buying them shows you love them. Putting up with their shit should be proof enough. ;)

Whilst not my missus I just went through the whole process of buying flowers for a female work colleague as she helped me get to the office each day after my ankle reco. Feck me this flower business is expensive, nearly $100 later and a simple arrangement delivered. This is something for special occasions gents not a regular thing :shock:

This.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby smac » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:46 am

Mrs smac is a florist, buying flowers is never expected (she'd only pick on them because she didn't arrange them).

If only she were also a jeweller.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:50 am

tipper wrote:im not particularly romantic either, but years ago i was meeting the wife at her work on a friday, and i happened to be walking through the mall on the way, so i bought her a bunch of flowers, just because. got to her work and got the admin girls to call her to the front so i could give them to her, and her immediate response? "what have you done wrong??" ..... told her then and there its the last time i ever buy her flowers if thats the reponse i get, and ive stuck to it.

dont buy flowers "you never show me affection".... do buy flowers "what have you done wrong?"..... bugger it, ill just spend it on beer instead :evil:

I used to get "Why can't you do this more often?" ... they're never happy :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:56 am

smac wrote:Mrs smac is a florist, buying flowers is never expected (she'd only pick on them because she didn't arrange them).

If only she were also a jeweller.

this is why I rarely buy flowers, as I can see the eyes looking at the arrangement working out the cost!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:10 pm

tipper wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Good on him haha!

not saying your like this fisho, but sometimes blokes cant win.

im not particularly romantic either, but years ago i was meeting the wife at her work on a friday, and i happened to be walking through the mall on the way, so i bought her a bunch of flowers, just because. got to her work and got the admin girls to call her to the front so i could give them to her, and her immediate response? "what have you done wrong??" ..... told her then and there its the last time i ever buy her flowers if thats the reponse i get, and ive stuck to it.

Jeez, I don't blame you, I'd spend it on beer too!!
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:42 pm

My wife doesn't give a rats if I don't do chores or give gifts, but flips if I don't make time to do stuff together.

Each of us prioritise needs differently.

Fisho, what do you think MM most needs from you?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:47 pm

4 of our young indigenous cricketers being selected in the intial 26 man National Indigenous Squad.

Massive achievement for SA and aboriginal cricket! It is the first time we have had this many players selected, and they are all still all under 18 - the future looks bright! :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Having the tv on at work during the day and watching the replays of the world cup from the morning.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby cennals05 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Q. wrote:My wife doesn't give a rats if I don't do chores or give gifts, but flips if I don't make time to do stuff together.

Each of us prioritise needs differently.

Fisho, what do you think MM most needs from you?

The 5 love languages book explains this. If you know what your partner needs from you it makes it much easier! There's a quiz that can determine how you like to be shown love.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:56 pm

freshly squeezed Oranges from my tree
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:47 pm

Proper state of origin and international sport when done correctly

Watching the league state of origin, football World Cup, union internationals it shows one thing the AFL has really missed the boat with
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:03 am

Beanbags
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:10 am

Tim Cahills equaliser

that was a superb finish

worth staying up just for that
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion