Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed May 14, 2014 6:50 pm

My sister - she was meant to go to my parents' house for dinner but refused because I was there. I'm not sure what she was angry about this time - in the past she's disliked me because she was jealous of the attention my baby boy got from my parents, to the point that she was actually quite mean to him, and also because I have a history of depression and it's 'embarrassing'. Incidentally, she's a mental health nurse. :shock: But this s*** has been going on for 15 years so I finally called her out on it and told her that I don't want her to have contact with me or my children again. She's my only sibling and it's f***ing awful that things have ended up this way, but strangely I don't really care, I'm quite relieved about what I said because it's been a long time coming. And I'm just determined to bring my kids up so that they don't end up like we did, because my boys love each other to bits and I can't imagine what could happen to make that change.

Sorry for the vent - this has been rattling around inside my head for a little while and writing it down doesn't help cos I still don't know what to make of it. You see sibling wars all the time but usually it's over money, i.e. inheritance.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:43 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Texting my wife instead of my son asking his opinion on her 40th birthday present idea.

:lol:

Fantastic!

"You can't think of something yourself?"

Yeah I did but value his input. Needless to say he is a bit brighter than me.

see Arch - others here are paying you out, and needless to say they haven't actually fully considered what a superb and brilliant tactic you just did.

everyone Is laughing, but in reality, what you have done, is you have shown your wife that you are actually thinking about her birthday and you are looking for options etc.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11889 times
Been liked: 3614 times

Postby Gozu » Wed May 14, 2014 7:45 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:My sister - she was meant to go to my parents' house for dinner but refused because I was there. I'm not sure what she was angry about this time - in the past she's disliked me because she was jealous of the attention my baby boy got from my parents, to the point that she was actually quite mean to him, and also because I have a history of depression and it's 'embarrassing'. Incidentally, she's a mental health nurse. :shock: But this s*** has been going on for 15 years so I finally called her out on it and told her that I don't want her to have contact with me or my children again. She's my only sibling and it's f***ing awful that things have ended up this way, but strangely I don't really care, I'm quite relieved about what I said because it's been a long time coming. And I'm just determined to bring my kids up so that they don't end up like we did, because my boys love each other to bits and I can't imagine what could happen to make that change.

Sorry for the vent - this has been rattling around inside my head for a little while and writing it down doesn't help cos I still don't know what to make of it. You see sibling wars all the time but usually it's over money, i.e. inheritance.

I'm really sorry to hear that Fisho and know where you're coming from I've had minor arguments with my younger brother before where he has gone 6 months even a year without speaking to me. You hear about siblings going through this kind of stuff all the time even if like you said there isn't even money involved, it's very sad.

Hopefully you and your sister are able to patch things up in the future.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:49 pm

The Frome rd bike lane can suck a big fat d**k. Absolute nightmare for traffic.
They are already in discussion about ripping it up
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Arch44 » Thu May 15, 2014 10:52 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Texting my wife instead of my son asking his opinion on her 40th birthday present idea.

:lol:

Fantastic!

"You can't think of something yourself?"

Yeah I did but value his input. Needless to say he is a bit brighter than me.

see Arch - others here are paying you out, and needless to say they haven't actually fully considered what a superb and brilliant tactic you just did.

everyone Is laughing, but in reality, what you have done, is you have shown your wife that you are actually thinking about her birthday and you are looking for options etc.

:lol: Oh yeah that's exactly what I was I doing. Spot on MT79
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby gossipgirl » Thu May 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Jim05 wrote:The Frome rd bike lane can suck a big fat d**k. Absolute nightmare for traffic.

yesterday they were saying about 1000 cyclists used it ... something to do with the free food on offer. Today under 50 cyclists !!!!. The council is going to wait for 3 months before maybe doing anything

What a complete waste of money :o
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Psyber » Thu May 15, 2014 3:50 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
Jim05 wrote:The Frome rd bike lane can suck a big fat d**k. Absolute nightmare for traffic.

yesterday they were saying about 1000 cyclists used it ... something to do with the free food on offer. Today under 50 cyclists !!!!. The council is going to wait for 3 months before maybe doing anything

What a complete waste of money :o

And it is becoming quite irritatingl.
I've been in the habit using Frome St and Frome Rd as my access to parking in Victoria Ave to attend Adelaide Uni's "Research Tuesday" presentations,and it had always been an easy run about 5.15pm. Most recently, with one lane each way now, it took ages as I was several times stuck behind people occupying the one lane to try to turn right when (and if) a gap ever appears in the lane going the other way. I saw some risky right turns happening and some risky ducking around buses going on.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 393 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby tipper » Fri May 16, 2014 9:49 am

but if you complain about it you just get labeled anti cyclists, or anti progress or something :roll:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:09 am

the council put in bike lanes where it is completely inappropriate

BUT

the council wont allow nurses/doctors and other hospital staff a street parking permit to park in and around north Adelaide for when there is an AFL match on.

lets make it hard for those people who serve the community so well to get to and from work.....

I would like to call the Adelaide City COuncil what Pyne called Shorten
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:11 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the council put in bike lanes where it is completely inappropriate

BUT

the council wont allow nurses/doctors and other hospital staff a street parking permit to park in and around north Adelaide for when there is an AFL match on.

lets make it hard for those people who serve the community so well to get to and from work.....

Grubs ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby tipper » Fri May 16, 2014 3:16 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the council put in bike lanes where it is completely inappropriate

BUT

they keep going on about discouraging vehicles from the city, and i do understand that, but before you completely **** it up for cars, give people a decent alternative first. fix the public transport system, then start reducing access for cars. as it is, they arent discouraging cars, they are just making people that drive them pissed off and resentful of those on bikes, and costing them a shit load of time each morning and evening
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby bennymacca » Fri May 16, 2014 5:05 pm

100% agree. the public transport is as good as it ever has been, but still needs to be much, much better before you can start getting cards out of the city
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Psyber » Sat May 17, 2014 11:24 am

bennymacca wrote:100% agree. the public transport is as good as it ever has been, but still needs to be much, much better before you can start getting cards out of the city

It is having some effect, but not one city traders may be pleased with, if others are doing the same as me.

When I have to go to the eastern side of the CBD I tend to park at Parkside and hop the bus from there, but given a choice I'll drive to Marion to shop rather than to the city, even if it is a few Ks further as it takes less time and the parking is free. Often I have multiple stops to make around the area and getting the bus back to the car wastes too much time.

It is just for evening functions at the Uni and the Museum etc that I park behind the Uni getting there about 5.30 and paying for 1/2 hour only, but the Frome St mess may force me to review that, including even bothering to go to these functions.
Last edited by Psyber on Sat May 17, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 393 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Pseudo » Sat May 17, 2014 12:24 pm

bennymacca wrote:100% agree. the public transport is as good as it ever has been,

That bad, huh?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1562 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Hazbeen » Mon May 19, 2014 6:01 am

12 hour night shifts working with lazy incompetent people when your tired and your patience wears thin
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:36 am

Well I can relate to that
Ive experienced lazy incompetent supervisors and management but thankfully not over a 12hr shift.

If I had to deal with it over 12hrs they would be dead
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Dols » Mon May 19, 2014 11:47 am

Netball journo's like warren partland reporting on footy
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Mon May 19, 2014 11:51 am

Dols wrote:Netball journo's like warren partland reporting on footy

You do realise that he covered that sport before the netball came along :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Dols » Mon May 19, 2014 11:53 am

heater31 wrote:
Dols wrote:Netball journo's like warren partland reporting on footy

You do realise that he covered that sport before the netball came along :roll:
yep
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Spargo » Mon May 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Partland's a tosser, stopped reading the shit he wrote years ago.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5508 times
Been liked: 5141 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion