HARGRAVES

All discussions to do with the SANFL

HARGRAVES

Postby snowman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:24 pm

Hargraves tears the Roosters a new one..............

You gotta love that. :D :lol: :lol:
snowman
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: HARGRAVES

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:27 pm

I loved it, even had a North supporter abusing me in the first half as I was clapping his goals.
I was stoked, he really stuck it up Jars today!

Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:28 pm

PS Back at the club Jars didn't seem too happy with me when I suggest we recruit him next year! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby snowman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:31 pm

Was it an off day for North or did port play to there true potential??
snowman
Mini-League

Postby Magpies_Forever » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:33 pm

It was good to see him finaly put in a good performance for the Magpies. Hopefully we see more of him playing like this.
Magpies_Forever
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:34 pm

snowman wrote:Was it an off day for North or did port play to there true potential??

North don't have off days, North have "mentally insipid" days all the time when a bit of pressure occurs. (feel free to call it choking, soft, etc, same thing)
On top of that the Maggies played great today, probably didn't lose a possie on the whole ground.

The rest of the comp must be stoked that after we ran Glenelg back into form that we've now done the same for Port. :?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Magpies_Forever » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:36 pm

snowman wrote:Was it an off day for North or did port play to there true potential??

Port played one of their best games for the year and North were not at their best. The margin could have been more if it was not for north kicking four unanswered goals but the damage was done early in the game.
Magpies_Forever
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:38 pm

As an interesting aside Im Ian Perrie's biggest detractor in the past but I thought he was our only effective forward after moved up there in the 2nd quarter today.
Talked to him afterwards (and told him about my past opinions of him and he took it well) and he admitted he didn't want to play down back and had no idea what to do down there and Jars didn't want him to play there either but the Cows directed he start down there.
I thought Perrie was good once moved by Jars into his rightful spot.

PS Agree MF, Port probably should have won by more, similar to Alberton this year the scoreboard probably didn't reflect the dominance but the photo I published of the 8 goals to nil scoreline at the time certainly did.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Hondo » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:39 pm

Magpies_Forever wrote:

Port played one of their best games for the year and North were not at their best. The margin could have been more if it was not for north kicking four unanswered goals but the damage was done early in the game.

As I said in another post - I was there for the second 1/2 and was very impressed with Port's use of the ball and hard attack on the body today. We had no space to do anything constructive with the pill. They must have been even more impressive in the first half.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby GWW » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:45 pm

It was alluded to on another post/thread, but i was wondering exactly how the North supporters reacted to Hargreaves today. Was there a lot of abuse throughout the whole game, or was it more light hearted?
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Magpies_Forever » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:47 pm

hondo71 wrote:
Magpies_Forever wrote:

As I said in another post - I was there for the second 1/2 and was very impressed with Port's use of the ball and hard attack on the body today. We had no space to do anything constructive with the pill. They must have been even more impressive in the first half.

Port definatly played better in the first half and simply made it too hard for North to mount a comeback. But we were never confident until half way through the fourth quarter, Port has blown the lead in a few games this year but thankfully we played a game out until the end.
Magpies_Forever
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:48 pm

GWW wrote:It was alluded to on another post/thread, but i was wondering exactly how the North supporters reacted to Hargreaves today. Was there a lot of abuse throughout the whole game, or was it more light hearted?

No abuse down the Grog Squad end (southern end), he got a huge cheer when he first came down in the first quarter and his goals were applauded by quite a few.
I actually got abused by another North fan for clapping his goals but I couldn't help it as I'll always love (platonically) the guy.
He came back to the club afterwards and caught up with a few of us and the players.
I didn't hear any abuse thrown his way, only compliments.
His dad (Pa Hargs) also came today and he's got lots of North friends, a nicer bloke you'll never meet, I think he was pleasantly suprised from the reception Hargs got as he told me before the game he (and Daniel) were expecting some good hearted abuse.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Hondo » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:50 pm

I didn't hear any abuse to Hargs on my travels around the ground
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby dinglinga » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:52 pm

yes thank mr jarman for letting daniel playin at port today ...

had one north supporter tellin me were missin clive today
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby doggies4eva » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:53 pm

Wedgie wrote:PS Back at the club Jars didn't seem too happy with me when I suggest we recruit him next year! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We used to be good :-(
doggies4eva
League - Best 21

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:56 pm

I think all North supporters know it wasn't Daniel's choice to leave the club and are well aware of how much more money he was offered to play for other clubs during our lean years but chose to remain loyal. Its a pity the loyalty wasn't reciprocated.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Magpies_Forever » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:01 pm

Today he proved that North should have kept him and like everone else i heard no abuse go his way
Magpies_Forever
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:03 pm

Magpies_Forever wrote:Today he proved that North should have kept him and like everone else i heard no abuse go his way

Im his biggest fans (as all know) but I don't know about your comment.
Wundke has been great for us, we had Alleway, Gill and Perrie all as key forwards and Weatherley our other full forward made his return from injury by kicking 9 goals 4 pts in the ressies today.
In perspective Hargs has only played 1 dominant game this year with 2 servicable games and we're up to Rd 15 now.
I still love the big fella though. :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Magpies_Forever » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:11 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Magpies_Forever wrote:Today he proved that North should have kept him and like everone else i heard no abuse go his way

Im his biggest fans (as all know) but I don't know about your comment.
Wundke has been great for us, we had Alleway, Gill and Perrie all as key forwards and Weatherley our other full forward made his return from injury by kicking 9 goals 4 pts in the ressies today.
In perspective Hargs has only played 1 dominant game this year with 2 servicable games and we're up to Rd 15 now.
I still love the big fella though. :D

Thats true but if he had a choice i think he would have stayed and had a bettter season. up until today our delivery to him has been bad and we hav't really given him a chance. But i do agree Nroths forward line does look good from waht ai have scene of them this season.
Magpies_Forever
Rookie

Postby woodwt » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:21 pm

Its about time he done something! :o
woodwt
Reserves

Next