Chris Kendall

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Chris Kendall

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:15 am

What a treasure this man is, its people like Chris that help make the SANFL what it is , ie the best comp in the world.

Chris almost singlehandedly created and ran a TV show solely dedicated to the SANFL last year, he got shafted, we all know that and could easily have spat the dummy and just gone an watched his own side play each week but this year he continues to do more than expected in doing commentary for Pine Lodge DVDs and also take over the stats role of Moggy's on the ABC (Moggy has health issues and we miss him - all the best in your battle my friend).

Chris, you're a credit to yourself, your family and the SANFL, for you to keep putting in week in week out in a fairly unsung role after what you've been through in recent times is a testimant to yourself and you and your family and friends should be very proud.

Don't think its goes unnoticed my friend.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3866 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Chris Kendall

Postby spell_check » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:20 am

Wedgie wrote:What a treasure this man is, its people like Chris that help make the SANFL what it is , ie the best comp in the world.

Chris almost singlehandedly created and ran a TV show solely dedicated to the SANFL last year, he got shafted, we all know that and could easily have spat the dummy and just gone an watched his own side play each week but this year he continues to do more than expected in doing commentary for Pine Lodge DVDs and also take over the stats role of Moggy's on the ABC (Moggy has health issues and we miss him - all the best in your battle my friend).

Chris, you're a credit to yourself, your family and the SANFL, for you to keep putting in week in week out in a fairly unsung role after what you've been through in recent times is a testimant to yourself and you and your family and friends should be very proud.

That is so true. I am not going to say anything else, because if I did I would be copying Wedgie. Well done Chris. 8)
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby Jar Man Out » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:53 pm

Wedgie wrote:What a treasure this man is, its people like Chris that help make the SANFL what it is , ie the best comp in the world.

Great post Wedgie. Couldnt agree more.
Jar Man Out
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby rd » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:10 pm

Yes Wedgie - you have worded your CK tribute superbly (except for "testimant") and maybe we can add "wordsmith" to the Wedgie CV. I've known Chris for a few years now and yes, he is a true SANFL fan who, like the rest of us, truly believes in the SANFL competition and its vital role in modern SA footy. Chris devoted many hours to the SANFL and C31 last year and it was a tragedy to observe the series of events that occurrred to him in early 2007. Yet one door shuts and another one opens and I'm really pleased to see Chris now involved with the ABC tv coverage. I was lucky enough to spend time with both Chris and John Nankivell at Noarlunga Oval today - these two have a lot more passion for the SANFL than the SANFL itself it seems!! And Nankivell is still on a high from calling Sturt's famous win over Port at Alberton many weeks ago - true SANFL media identities both of them. Keep up the good work fellas. Cheers.
rd
Under 18s

Been liked: 26 times

Postby Thiele » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:18 pm

Excellent post Wedgie. Chris prehaps we can call you Mr SANFL :lol: In. Thanks for all for good work chris
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:55 am

Chris was also the winner of the inaugural "Buns For Crowds" (2006)!
Well done Chris!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby evil clown » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:13 pm

Buns for Crowds? How bizarre. Please explain for the novices.

*applause*

For you Chris. C31 has no clue.
evil clown
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dog_ger » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:30 pm

evil clown wrote:Buns for Crowds? How bizarre. Please explain for the novices.

*applause*

For you Chris. C31 has no clue.

Evil clown you have something here..!

I am ignorant.

Educate the Ignorant....
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby smac » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:28 am

Check out the SANFL competitions board.

It is a throwback to Footy SA, plenty of tradition behind the virtual buns...
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby therisingblues » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:05 pm

Yes thank you Smac. It is a competition begun on footysa last year. It was however fraught with controversy, as people would try almost anything to gain the upper hand over the field. Claims of unprofessionalism and mockery were abound, and some say that it was due in part to this competition that saw the eventual demise of the footysa website. One man however, stood head and shoulders above the rest and had an uncanny knack for predicting almost the exact amount of patrons to pass through the gates of SANFL games. That man was Spider K, known also as Chris Kendall. It just goes to show that even in an environment often fomenting outright revolt, true class cannot be denied.
Buns For Crowds continues to exist in the competition forums of this website, but has been largely sanitized to ensure its longevity as a viable tournament. There were many casualties however, and even one of the organizers found the strain to be too manly, and is no longer involved.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby spell_check » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:54 pm

Yeah, where is MagicKiwi lately...?
spell_check
Coach

Postby MagicKiwi » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:39 pm

Still here spelly, have been extremely busy and no time to browse. Think this is my first time into the site in over a month - horrors. Will definitely get my votes into BFC this week. I have registered my distaste to Attantion: theri on a number of occasions with the new format but it seems it's here to stay.

Back to Chris. The great part about this is that he's enjoying himself more than he ever has so his hard work in the trenches has most certainly not gone unforgotten. Good on you spidey, look forward to catching up for a brew very soon.
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby spell_check » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:57 pm

Not on here for a month? You must have been busy! ;)
spell_check
Coach

Postby bulldogproud » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:14 pm

Well done, CK. A true SANFL fan who is dedicated 100% to the cause. Was great to be on the panel with him at the GF show last year. True gentleman as well!
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Board index   Football  SANFL