GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

Talk on the national game

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

Postby marbles » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Didnt see matty primus on the grand finals stage ganking tredreas limelight

It was primus leadership that got them there but yet tredrea will always be known as the premiership captain

Whos the premiership captain at the dogs? Wood or murphy
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:48 pm

Jesus you guys are a bunch of grumps. Two years ago they were a basket case and bob has obviously played a huge part in helping turn it around, just look at the way the players get around him. He deserves credit along with beveridge for creating an indredible atmosphere and culture at the club. His off field work has been much more important then on the field.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby cracka » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:49 pm

marbles wrote:Didnt see matty primus on the grand finals stage ganking tredreas limelight

It was primus leadership that got them there but yet tredrea will always be known as the premiership captain

Whos the premiership captain at the dogs? Wood or murphy

what does ganking mean.
It wasn't as if Murphy focred Wood out of the way, he was called on stage by his coach FFS.
Talk about making mountains out of molehills.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Jesus you guys are a bunch of grumps. Two years ago they were a basket case and bob has obviously played a huge part in helping turn it around, just look at the way the players get around him. He deserves credit along with beveridge for creating an indredible atmosphere and culture at the club. His off field work has been much more important then on the field.

=D>
I think thats exactly what makes Murphy missing out different to almost anyone else, not what he did this year but what he has done for the dogs for the last 10.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Spargo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:54 pm

I've read (and at times been a part) of some ordinary posting on this fine site, but the amount of shit posted in this particular thread by numerous flogs, takes the cake.
It deadset scares me that some of you walk the streets unmonitored...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby marbles » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:15 pm

I like what happened. Murphy probably worked just as hard as the coach if not more

The modra primus examples are simply examples of other instances

Inevitably it was the coach who called murphy up very selfless

I doubt murphy will keep the medal, its always bevos? And would go back to bevos house?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:22 pm

The handing out of medals in the final analysis means pretty much **** all, apart from a ceremonious bit of post-match nonsense. No one plays to get a medal, you play to win that trophy and flag. Everyone knows Beveridge was the premiership coach, and none of the payers, club people and supporters need to reference a medal to know who the winning 22 players were. They are all immortalised, as is every premiership side (although this one has a special claim).

Murphy knows he didn't play, and Beveridge's medal won't change that. Murphy might give it back, and probably will, but for the reasons above Beveridge probably doesn't give a shit. In a footy achievement sense, some AFL-minted jewellery means nothing. But it was the symbolism of giving something up in such a public manner that demonstrated how the club feels about Murphy as a person and long-term contributor, and in their view, all round top bloke. He deserved something out of yesterday's win, some recognition, and the medal gesture was one way of achieving it.

All in all, the main thing was for Beveridge to invite Murphy up onto the stage to accept the cup. He did, and it was the right thing to do.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Magellan wrote:The handing out of medals in the final analysis means pretty much **** all, apart from a ceremonious bit of post-match nonsense. No one plays to get a medal, you play to win that trophy and flag. Everyone knows Beveridge was the premiership coach, and none of the payers, club people and supporters need to reference a medal to know who the winning 22 players were. They are all immortalised, as is every premiership side (although this one has a special claim).

Murphy knows he didn't play, and Beveridge's medal won't change that. Murphy might give it back, and probably will, but for the reasons above Beveridge probably doesn't give a shit. In a footy achievement sense, some AFL-minted jewellery means nothing. But it was the symbolism of giving something up in such a public manner that demonstrated how the club feels about Murphy as a person and long-term contributor, and in their view, all round top bloke. He deserved something out of yesterday's win, some recognition, and the medal gesture was one way of achieving it.

All in all, the main thing was for Beveridge to invite Murphy up onto the stage to accept the cup. He did, and it was the right thing to do.

This is by far the best response to his debate by an absolute mile, well said!!

How would it have looked if Murphy did not get up on stage after what Bevo said, would have looked like an idiot.

The Bob Murphy story is totally different, and how it all played out was perfect, well done Bulldogs!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:02 pm

I would have given a medal to Dr Gary (nice mo) Zimmerman. He is there every game and been doing it for years. I bet his input has been highly valued in correctly diagnosing injuries and getting them back on the field.

We should remember you win the flag not the medal. And its a club that wins it not the representive(s) on the ground.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:10 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:First of all let me say Sydneys mids Kennedy aside are flat track bullies, thats a flogging in 14 and 16 now. Struggling to justify the salary cap they take. The recruiting of Franklin has been an out and out failure, 3 years no flags, reportedly just moving into the biggest pay packet of his contract which will see Mitchell become a Hawk. How awesome 2 flags, no Buddy and now we get one of your best mids, lol lol lol. Sydney cant win a flag with the current list, ive never been surer of that, the list will get pulled apart more and more for the last 6 years of Lances contract, lol lol lol
Congrats to the Dogs, took full advantage of the system presented to them. Lets not get too carried away, only way they survive 1st week of the finals is because of the bye. Its a disgrace and Gillon should be sacked over it, absolutely no advantage to the teams that bust their guts to finish top 4. Huge asterisk *****
Fantastic coaching effort from Bevo, obviously has the players 120% playing for him....... but...... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese...... Bob Murphy isnt the 1st to miss a Grand Final through injury and wont be the last, **** he's not even the 1st captain to miss. Lets keep the day for the ones that earn it ffs or should we make it a participation medal like the U10s, why not just give a medal to everyone who played AFL this year. Murphy should be embarrassed to accept it and I hope Beveridge never gets another win, they arnt something to throw away willy nilly.
And lastly Sydney were carrying about $300 of my hard earned and i couldnt be happier to lose it all. I like to think I contributed in a small way.

How many sour sobs can one person suck on or perhaps sour grapes ..... Stick to knitting perhaps :oops:

It must be an incredible mental drain having to lug all that negative energy around. After just witnessing the greatest premiership in history he reels out a massive whine and gloats about the as yet unconfirmed acquisition of a player he describes in the very same post as a flat track bully.

Someone needs a hobby.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:19 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:First of all let me say Sydneys mids Kennedy aside are flat track bullies, thats a flogging in 14 and 16 now. Struggling to justify the salary cap they take. The recruiting of Franklin has been an out and out failure, 3 years no flags, reportedly just moving into the biggest pay packet of his contract which will see Mitchell become a Hawk. How awesome 2 flags, no Buddy and now we get one of your best mids, lol lol lol. Sydney cant win a flag with the current list, ive never been surer of that, the list will get pulled apart more and more for the last 6 years of Lances contract, lol lol lol
Congrats to the Dogs, took full advantage of the system presented to them. Lets not get too carried away, only way they survive 1st week of the finals is because of the bye. Its a disgrace and Gillon should be sacked over it, absolutely no advantage to the teams that bust their guts to finish top 4. Huge asterisk *****
Fantastic coaching effort from Bevo, obviously has the players 120% playing for him....... but...... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese...... Bob Murphy isnt the 1st to miss a Grand Final through injury and wont be the last, **** he's not even the 1st captain to miss. Lets keep the day for the ones that earn it ffs or should we make it a participation medal like the U10s, why not just give a medal to everyone who played AFL this year. Murphy should be embarrassed to accept it and I hope Beveridge never gets another win, they arnt something to throw away willy nilly.
And lastly Sydney were carrying about $300 of my hard earned and i couldnt be happier to lose it all. I like to think I contributed in a small way.

How many sour sobs can one person suck on or perhaps sour grapes ..... Stick to knitting perhaps :oops:

It must be an incredible mental drain having to lug all that negative energy around. After just witnessing the greatest assisted premiership in history he reels out a massive whine and gloats about the as yet unconfirmed acquisition of a player he describes in the very same post as a flat track bully.

Someone needs a hobby.

regards,

REB

There all fixed.
Sorry for following just one team, I should take a 2nd 3rd and 4th team like everyone else. I guess I can understand everyone else having to follow another team to reach the fulfillment i get from following just the one.
As for the flat track bullies, prove otherwise, theyve been terrible in two GF now. Mitchell is young and has potential, i'll back us in to turn him araound
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:20 pm

I've watched the game twice and read some reaction online. Some Sydney fans not happy with the umpiring but to me the Swans could have won the game with the hand they were dealt. That free on Smith was a shocker and Hannebery should have definitely got a free when Wood slid into him. Apart from that I thought the umpires weren't too bad as they tried to let he game go.

Sydney might have erred with players not being 100 percent. They took Parker, Mills and McVeigh into the game and Buddy got hurt early and Hannebery late. When the whips were cracking it was the Bullldogs who had the run. Not for the first time the team who had the tougher Prelim went on to win the flag. Sydneys lack of late run was the reason the Bullies won, this is a side that just keeps coming back at you and the Swans didn't have enough fit soldiers to last the journey. Sorry Helicopter King I don't buy your Jack theory.

Finally, the Normie. What a ballsup. JPK wins that hands down. Well done Doggies a great flag win. A new standard has been set.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:20 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:

It must be an incredible mental drain having to lug all that negative energy around. After just witnessing the greatest assisted premiership in history he reels out a massive whine and gloats about the as yet unconfirmed acquisition of a player he describes in the very same post as a flat track bully.

Someone needs a hobby.

regards,

REB

There all fixed.
Sorry for following just one team, I should take a 2nd 3rd and 4th team like everyone else. I guess I can understand everyone else having to follow another team to reach the fulfillment i get from following just the one.
As for the flat track bullies, prove otherwise, theyve been terrible in two GF now. Mitchell is young and has potential, i'll back us in to turn him araound

Tissue?
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:35 pm

Just watching it again now, faaark Sydney were ripped off by the men in green, just in the below the knees frees so many that couldve been paid to Sydney with Dogs players kamikazi like diving on loose balls. Then the one against Jack on Mclean where Mclean took Jacks legs and got a free for too high was beyond belief. They got a goal from that play.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:47 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:

Someone needs a hobby.

regards,

REB

There all fixed.

How were we horrible? I'll pay the 2014 one but not Saturday! One of the best GF's going round! I am still dead set filthy...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Pretty much sums up my feelings
Attachments
IMG_2882.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG (132.04 KiB) Viewed 2882 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:11 pm

If the swans won I wonder if Peter Gordon would want Aliir to get a medal?
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:18 pm

2nd half the so called Swans guns in the midfield were very poor
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:17 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:If the swans won I wonder if Peter Gordon would want Aliir to get a medal?

I don't think anyone cares mate.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Spargo wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:If the swans won I wonder if Peter Gordon would want Aliir to get a medal?

I don't think anyone cares mate.

I care god dammit

;)
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL