Where to for Glenelg

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Where to for Glenelg

Postby Magellan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:05 pm

Please cracka, tell me you didn't think I really meant that the Crows actually pulled a piece on each of the league presidents in late 2013?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:07 pm

cracka wrote:You're probably the biggest hypocrite on here, the crows only wanted the same as what Geelong & all the other AFL teams have but you dont have a problem with that. ;)

1) I don't care about the VFL
2) The old VFA clubs joined the VFL reserves team in their comp, complete opposite to here
How does that make me a hypocrite? If Geelong wanted to put a team in the SANFL I'd be just as vocal.
Your post makes you seem very ignorant or uneducated on the issue.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:09 pm

cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:[quote="RustyCage"]From all the reserves teams blaming going on in here I take it Glenelg were in making profits year after year before 2014?

Thats not the point, the point is the reserves teams have contributed to clubs going downhill and also contributed to the people who could help turn things around no longer being there.
For eg. I was a part of the Roosters Against Merger group in the 90s, in the early 2000s I organised the Rooster Rally which a lot of people credit helping turn the fortunes of the club around, I've also been a runner up for Volunteer of the Year award, went interstate twice following North, have been a part of the Presidents group twice, I created and ran the clubs official website for years and created a club unofficial site/forum as well as safooty which has helped build/keep interest in the club/comp and used to be a volunteer SANFL acreddited photographer, etc etc.
Thanks to the reserves debacle I wouldn't lift a finger to help North if something happened these days, I struggle to get motivated to travel 5 mins to see them play and I helped organise my daughter a gig as a trainer/physio at South. I only go to games to catch up with mates. I'm sure Glenelg and other clubs have many people like me.

Please don't interpret my post as blowing my own trumpet as I did it all out of love and passion of which I have none now which is a big point of what the point is.

So the actual blame for the AFL reserves in the SANFL & the ultimate downfall of the SANFL should all be put on the 6 clubs that voted yes & not the crows or power for wanting into the SANFL.

Correct, if somrone let a rabid snot laden monster into my house I'd blame them after I smashed the shit out of the monster.

You're probably the biggest hypocrite on here, the crows only wanted the same as what Geelong & all the other AFL teams have but you dont have a problem with that. ;)[/quote]
Well the Crows can **** off to the VFL with the other AFL reserve sides. I'm sure like me Wedgie couldn't care less about the VFL.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:13 pm

therisingblues wrote:
cracka wrote:
Magellan wrote:
cracka wrote:If I'm sold a product that turns out to be sh!t, I blame myself for being a gullible dick & buying it, not the person who sold it to me.

I'm not sure it's the right analogy, but nonetheless, what you've said above is correct.

But what if you bought that product on the basis that the shopkeeper pointed a gun at your head and said, "buy this or else"?

That's a new twist, I hadn't heard that a gun was held to 6 different club presidents heads.

Not an actual gun. I do remember threats of "going elsewhere" and using their influence to not only take all their sponsors with them, but also to filch sponsors currently supporting the SANFL and SANFL clubs, and doing all that they can to promote whatever league it is that they landed in, in opposition to the SANFL.
Not exactly a gun, but certainly a threat that had the potential to kill off the SANFL.

That was more a bluff than a threat which 6 clubs fell for.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Mickyj » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:18 pm

Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:You're probably the biggest hypocrite on here, the crows only wanted the same as what Geelong & all the other AFL teams have but you dont have a problem with that. ;)

2) The old VFA clubs joined the VFL reserves team in their comp, complete opposite to here
How does that make me a hypocrite? If Geelong wanted to put a team in the SANFL I'd be just as vocal.

I haven't been on a VFL footy site for a year or so .
IIRC those poor fans were going on like SANFL do
Not picking on you wedgie

I would to say as an Eagles fan I've heard in the outer so many Eagles fans say that's it .
Yet most turn up every week .
Even some who say not going to Alberton guess who shows up .

Once again not having ago for what people think
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:21 pm

Wedgie wrote:

You don't care that your AFL club is doing exactly the same to another comp, that's okay is it, talk about ignorance.
You've got it around the wrong way too. The VFA actually turned into the VFL in 96. The Melbourne AFL reserves joined that comp in 2000, but don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:26 pm

cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

You don't care that your AFL club is doing exactly the same to another comp, that's okay is it, talk about ignorance.
You've got it around the wrong way too. The VFA actually turned into the VFL in 96. The Melbourne AFL reserves joined that comp in 2000, but don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

The VFA admin dissolved in 1994 and some old VFA clubs played in a comp named the VFA immediately but eventually the VFL which was run by the VSFL who looked after the Under 18s and VFL reserves comp. Ie the AFL
The VSFL/AFL eventually combined their two comps.
The SANFL admin was never disbanded, the SANFL clubs never completed in a comp run by the AFL, the SANFL never combined with another comp.
And yet again that's all irrelevent anyway as I never cared about the VFA, VSFL or the newly named VFL like I care about the SANFL.
You my friend need to do a bit more study.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Magellan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:40 pm

Quick question, cracka - when the Crows Reserves play Sturt, who do you support?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

The VFA admin dissolved in 1994 and some old VFA clubs played in a comp named the VFA immediately but eventually the VFL which was run by the VSFL who looked after the Under 18s and VFL reserves comp. Ie the AFL
The VSFL/AFL eventually combined their two comps
You my friend need to do a bit more study.

You may also need to do some study. In 95 the VFA became the Victorian State Football League, in 96 it became the VFL, while the Melbourne based AFL Reserves were called just that. Splitting hairs really.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:43 pm

You obviously can't read, I give up.
Just read and try and understand this:
The VFA admin disbanded in 1994.
Take steps forward after you work that out.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:44 pm

Magellan wrote:Quick question, cracka - when the Crows Reserves play Sturt, who do you support?

Sturt. The last club membership I had out of the 2 was Sturt in 2013. I had a crows membership in their 1st year but couldn't stand the dumbass supporters so gave that up.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:48 pm

Wedgie wrote:You obviously can't read, I give up.
Just read and try and understand this:
The VFA admin disbanded in 1994.
Take steps forward after you work that out.

You obviously cant read either, they became the VFL in 96 & MERGED with the VAFL in 2000. Your original point was that the old VFA joined the VFL which is WRONG.
But hey at least you're #1 grammatically. :D
cracka
Veteran

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:02 pm

Oh dear, I don't know how to explain any further the VFA Admin disbanded in 1994 and they started playing in a comp run by the the AFL despite this being all irrelevent. Ill put a hypothetical to you when I get home to help you try and get your brain around it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Magellan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:05 pm

cracka wrote:
Magellan wrote:Quick question, cracka - when the Crows Reserves play Sturt, who do you support?

Sturt. The last club membership I had out of the 2 was Sturt in 2013. I had a crows membership in their 1st year but couldn't stand the dumbass supporters so gave that up.

How do you feel about the Crows playing in the SANFL?
Magellan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:31 pm

OK Cracka, I'm home now.
Here you go, if the following had happened we'd be in exactly the same way and IF I cared about them (which I don't) this would make me a hypocrite.

1800s Crows and Power play in the SANFL with the other SANFL clubs
Early 1900s Crows and Power leave the SANFL to form their own comp, lets call it AFLSA, they have their own reserves called the AFLSA reserves comp.
In 1994 the SANFL disolves. The AFLSA says "we'll run a comp for you as we want to take over all footy in this state", the SANFL clubs agree as this is their only option, they're very thankful.
In 1995 the SANFL runs for a season and they call the comp SANFL.
The AFLSA run this comp as well as three others, the Under 18s and the comp with the Crows and Power and the comp with the Crows and Powers reserves side. The AFLSA runs all comps now.
In 1996 the SANFL comp run is forced to change their name by the AFLSA,their owners, to the SAFL.
In 1999 the AFLSA decide to merge the AFLSA reserves comp and the SANFL clubs and use the name SAFL.

Would I whinge about North Adelaide being forced to play the Crows and Power reserves in a comptition that is run by AFLSA and only let North play in that comp out of the kindness of its own heart?
No
Would I be shitty that the SANFL admin dissolved in 1994 leaving all football in this state at the mercy of the AFLSA?
Probably but thats not even close to the same scenario we have.

If you don't get it after that, you never will.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Magellan wrote:
cracka wrote:

How do you feel about the Crows playing in the SANFL?

Initially I thought it was a good idea, I know SANFL clubs hated being told by the crows & power of how,where & when to play their AFL listed players. From what I've been told the SANFL club's & players actually enjoy the challenge.
Now I'm tending to agree it was a bad idea & an AFL reserves (which I've said before was the best option) needs to be established.
What I have a problem with is all the blame being put on the crows for just about everything that is wrong & has been going wrong with the SANFL since they were established, especially from other AFL supporters.
I'm actually quite reasonable about this as I'm not on either side, but am willing to listen to bias opinion from passionate supporters of both sides & then form my own opinion. Obviously on here being in an SANFL thread I'm going to get smashed by anti AFL people, but to be called ignorant because I'll listen to both sides of an argument is stupid.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:47 pm

Wedgie wrote:OK Cracka, I'm home now.
Here you go, if the following had happened we'd be in exactly the same way and IF I cared about them (which I don't) this would make me a hypocrite.

1800s Crows and Power play in the SANFL with the other SANFL clubs
Early 1900s Crows and Power leave the SANFL to form their own comp, lets call it AFLSA, they have their own reserves called the AFLSA reserves comp.
In 1994 the SANFL disolves. The AFLSA says "we'll run a comp for you as we want to take over all footy in this state", the SANFL clubs agree as this is their only option, they're very thankful.
In 1995 the SANFL runs for a season and they call the comp SANFL.
The AFLSA run this comp as well as three others, the Under 18s and the comp with the Crows and Power and the comp with the Crows and Powers reserves side. The AFLSA runs all comps now.
In 1996 the SANFL comp run is forced to change their name by the AFLSA,their owners, to the SAFL.
In 1999 the AFLSA decide to merge the AFLSA reserves comp and the SANFL clubs and use the name SAFL.

Would I whinge about North Adelaide being forced to play the Crows and Power reserves in a comptition that is run by AFLSA and only let North play in that comp out of the kindness of its own heart?
No
Would I be shitty that the SANFL admin dissolved in 1994 leaving all football in this state at the mercy of the AFLSA?
Probably but thats not even close to the same scenario we have.

If you don't get it after that, you never will.

This is one of the definitions of a hypocrite from the dictionary
hypocrite. (1) A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for.
You support Geelong who has a reserves side playing in a state league comp yet you condemn the crows & power for doing it. Maybe my understanding of this is wrong & I apologize if it is.
cracka
Veteran

Postby therisingblues » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:54 pm

I thought it was Port supporters who thought everyone was blaming them.
Anyway, we just want them and the crows out, no matter whose fault it might be.
FWIW I was once a Crows fan, but felt conflicted by what little regard they held for the SANFL when they virtually forced their way in. If they left the SANFL today I still couldn't follow them, couldn't being the operative word. Just like the asshole salesman, it's my fault for buying his crap product but that doesn't mean I should befriend him either.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:14 pm

Apology accepted Cracka
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Bounce of the ball » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:22 pm

Fair post Cracka. Sounds like you have the ability to listen to arguments and not hide behind other issues. I am anti AFL but won't smash you as your post made sense. A while ago this would have asked by some to keep it on track as per the topic.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL