AFL Academies

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: AFL Academies

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:33 pm

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:These academies will be the death of the SANFL. Without question. All the 11 year old girls and boys set to make their way through the ranks at SANFL clubs are now going to be drafted before the SANFL gets any service from them.

Too late. My club's results from last year suggest we've already experimented with 11 year old boys and girls.

I'd be careful using phrases like that
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:42 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:These academies will be the death of the SANFL. Without question. All the 11 year old girls and boys set to make their way through the ranks at SANFL clubs are now going to be drafted before the SANFL gets any service from them.

Too late. My club's results from last year suggest we've already experimented with 11 year old boys and girls.

didnt realise you supported the catholic church footy club

Not that kind of experiment.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Magellan wrote:

Some kids are pretty committed, two wins wouldn't have been out of the question.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:54 am

Booney wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Booney wrote:From what I read these aren't really "academies" as we would all see them.The new "zones" are laid out for the clubs to identify talent from non-traditional football backgrounds and indigenous background.

For boys and girls aged 11-16. From what I read it's likely to help the clubs below the AFL level ( SANFL, WAFL etc ) as the funding will be looking at an age group that the AFL clubs can't offer game time too.

ie - a 15 year old lad from Port Lincoln might spend some time at Adelaide learning about professional football and what is required, but they have nowhere for him to play, so, off to Norwood ( yes?) he goes until he is of draft age and Adelaide use points ( in the new points system ) to have the first bid at him.

Come on Booney, don't go reading the AFl propaganda, it is all about the imminent death of the SANFL

Yes, you're right.

These academies will be the death of the SANFL. Without question. All the 11 year old girls and boys set to make their way through the ranks at SANFL clubs are now going to be drafted before the SANFL gets any service from them.

Isn't that already the case.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:35 am

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Some kids are pretty committed, two wins wouldn't have been out of the question.

True, but these ones couldn't count. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Hazydog » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:07 am

heater31 wrote:
DOC wrote:
JK wrote:
Magellan wrote:Do the clubs still receive a payment once they play an AFL game?

Not long ago (ie, within the last 6 months) the SANFL were talking about pooling all income from drafted players and distributing it evenly among the 8 clubs. Im not sure if that's in place, or still being considered etc?

I think this has been in place since the 2014 draft.

Correct all 8 stand alone SANFL clubs get a flat fee each year doesn't matter if 4 of your players get drafted or 0. No more tiered payments to SANFL Club or Community clubs anymore.

I don't recall seeing anything on this in the media? On the surface, it seems like a ridiculous set up. As an example, if Norwood have 4 players drafted, and Centrals none, why should both clubs be compensated equally? Surely the idea for compensation/transfer fees is to help you replace players you have lost?
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby JK » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 pm

Hazydog wrote:I don't recall seeing anything on this in the media? On the surface, it seems like a ridiculous set up. As an example, if Norwood have 4 players drafted, and Centrals none, why should both clubs be compensated equally? Surely the idea for compensation/transfer fees is to help you replace players you have lost?

That was my reaction when I first heard about it too - Seems a fair dis-incentive for clubs to get the maximum out of their zone development.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:29 pm

JK wrote:
Hazydog wrote:I don't recall seeing anything on this in the media? On the surface, it seems like a ridiculous set up. As an example, if Norwood have 4 players drafted, and Centrals none, why should both clubs be compensated equally? Surely the idea for compensation/transfer fees is to help you replace players you have lost?

That was my reaction when I first heard about it too - Seems a fair dis-incentive for clubs to get the maximum out of their zone development.

The A-League had a ridiculous system a few years back where all A-League teams shared any winnings Australian sides gained from being in the Asian Champions League.

There was the ludicrous situation where Adelaide United loss money on their involvement in the champions league due to the expense of traveling to Kazakistan(?) and other countries yet didn't collect the complete purse of their winnings.

I think unfortunately the SANFL is in a similar position to where the A-League was when they had the similar ruling in that their in survival mode. Unfortunately to many sides are on the *brink. I know the simple answer is to say well other sides should get better etc etc but its no good to anyone if they don't have an opponent to play.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:41 pm

whufc wrote:
JK wrote:

The A-League had a ridiculous system a few years back where all A-League teams shared any winnings Australian sides gained from being in the Asian Champions League.

There was the ludicrous situation where Adelaide United loss money on their involvement in the champions league due to the expense of traveling to Kazakistan(?) and other countries yet didn't collect the complete purse of their winnings.

I think unfortunately the SANFL is in a similar position to where the A-League was when they had the similar ruling in that their in survival mode. Unfortunately to many sides are on the *brink. I know the simple answer is to say well other sides should get better etc etc but its no good to anyone if they don't have an opponent to play.

Worked out some sums with mates yesterday, and if the SANFL were to invest $50mil in term deposits, they'd make enough interest in 3 years to give each club around $340k per season, and bank an additional $3mil to the starting amount. Anyone know what the SANFL is doing with tyhe earnings from Footy Park?

Sorry to go so OT.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:59 pm

JK wrote:
whufc wrote:
JK wrote:

Worked out some sums with mates yesterday, and if the SANFL were to invest $50mil in term deposits, they'd make enough interest in 3 years to give each club around $340k per season, and bank an additional $3mil to the starting amount. Anyone know what the SANFL is doing with tyhe earnings from Footy Park?

Sorry to go so OT.

Trust funds should definatley be coming up in the SANFL's thought process.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby UK Fan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Booney wrote:From what I read these aren't really "academies" as we would all see them.The new "zones" are laid out for the clubs to identify talent from non-traditional football backgrounds and indigenous background.

For boys and girls aged 11-16. From what I read it's likely to help the clubs below the AFL level ( SANFL, WAFL etc ) as the funding will be looking at an age group that the AFL clubs can't offer game time too.

ie - a 15 year old lad from Port Lincoln might spend some time at Adelaide learning about professional football and what is required, but they have nowhere for him to play, so, off to Norwood ( yes?) he goes until he is of draft age and Adelaide use points ( in the new points system ) to have the first bid at him.

So a junior who enters an academy/community programme won't have to play SANFL to be drafted.

And you see no issue with this ???

Are you Chris Davies
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:00 pm

TOLD YA SO!!!!!

Yet again Booney clueless just defending PAFC cos hes such a great club man. :roll:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/subscribe ... =anonymous
Last edited by UK Fan on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:14 pm

UK Fan, can you please copy and paste the text of the article here? I refuse to subscribe to Murdoch's rag.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:34 pm

Magellan wrote:

UK Fan, can you please copy and paste the text of the article here? I refuse to subscribe to Murdoch's rag.

The words "michelangelo" and "rucci" form part of the URL.

Do you still want to read it?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:38 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I was about to paste

I'm baffled by the url: ....adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/michelangelo-rucci/....
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Magellan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Do you still want to read it?

Yes. Does that mean it's from the humour section?
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:47 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:I'm baffled by the url: ....adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/michelangelo-rucci/....

I think the bit you've highlighted is what you type in to access the 'dark net'.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:44 am

Can anyone post the actual article, not just a useless link?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:26 pm

How about I take a picture of it from an old tiser and post it.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:18 pm

stan wrote:How about I take a picture of it from an old tiser and post it.

Even in this electronic age,seems its the best we can hope for. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL