General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 season

Talk on the national game

Re: General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 seas

Postby cracka » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:39 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:Hoff's best is hard to beat, his worst? Let's just say he's no orphan, but it needs some work. I'd still pick him in my team every week. :D

I reckon his best footy is when he plays the sweeper role in defense, his reading of the play is outstanding.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:47 pm

cracka wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:Hoff's best is hard to beat, his worst? Let's just say he's no orphan, but it needs some work. I'd still pick him in my team every week. :D

I reckon his best footy is when he plays the sweeper role in defense, his reading of the play is outstanding.

Absolutely. I think his best footy is played when he doesn't have a defined role. When it has been just Westhoff and Schulz as the key forwards and Schulz is the close to goal target it has meant Westhoff played much of the last 3 or 4 years as the CHF. Not ideal as he doesn't have the strength to muscle opponents. When he's been the mobile ruck option, the loose man in defence or the third tall with a Ryder/Lobbe forward he's had more success. Might even see a bloke 6'10" in the midfield for Port at times this year, or on the wing, or pretty much doing as he pleases.

I think Westy will be looking forward to 2016 in a personal sense.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:26 pm

Booney wrote:
cracka wrote:

Absolutely. I think his best footy is played when he doesn't have an opponent . When it has been just Westhoff and Schulz as the key forwards and Schulz is the close to goal target it has meant Westhoff played much of the last 3 or 4 years as the CHF. Not ideal as he doesn't have the strength to muscle opponents. When he's been the mobile ruck option, the loose man in defence or the third tall with a Ryder/Lobbe forward he's had more success. Might even see a bloke 6'10" in the midfield for Port at times this year, or on the wing, or pretty much doing as he pleases.

There, fixed it for you
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:49 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:
cracka wrote:

Absolutely. I think his best footy is played when he doesn't have an opponent . When it has been just Westhoff and Schulz as the key forwards and Schulz is the close to goal target it has meant Westhoff played much of the last 3 or 4 years as the CHF. Not ideal as he doesn't have the strength to muscle opponents. When he's been the mobile ruck option, the loose man in defence or the third tall with a Ryder/Lobbe forward he's had more success. Might even see a bloke 6'10" in the midfield for Port at times this year, or on the wing, or pretty much doing as he pleases.

There, fixed it for you

Exactly.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:52 am

Booney wrote:Westhoff was never going to grab the competition by the balls. You might have over estimated him, I think.

The last 3 years his averages are over 18 touches, 6 marks and 1.4 goals. If your third tall gets those numbers, he's doing his job. However, he had one year ( 2010 ) with real help up front ( Tredrea and Schulz ) and will prosper next year I think.

Doesn't he play at the back these days? That would inflate his touches but hurt his goal average.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby GWW » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:17 pm

What do Crows fans think of this?

GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:59 am

I got to the 5th day, before I vomited everywhere.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:21 am

It just keeps on going, doesn't it? I'm sure they used that at Guantanamo Bay to get prisoners to talk.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:30 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:
cracka wrote:

There, fixed it for you

Even a muppett like you would get touches with no opponent. Congratulations, you've been nominated s Minister for Stating the ******* obvious.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:45 am

Booney wrote:Congratulations, you've been nominated s Minister for Stating the ******* obvious.

And you have been nominated as the High Commissioner for quoting Basil Fawlty. :lol:
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:46 am

GWW wrote:What do Crows fans think of this?

That's not an official release from the franchise is it
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2528 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:57 am

GWW wrote:What do Crows fans think of this?

"Three Darren Jarmans"

It may look like it, but it is just one of him. They've just squeezed three people into one mans skin.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:31 am

Jumper number Booney ;) (and yes I know you know that)

I'm a staunch supporter and I struggled to get to 7 before I switched off...cheesey
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:09 am

Brodlach wrote:Jumper number Booney ;) (and yes I know you know that)

I'm a staunch supporter and I struggled to get to 7 before I switched off...cheesey

I just fast forwarded to 3.14 to watch the 12-1 without all the garbage in between. It also helped that it had subtitles cos i could turn off the singing...

A bit cringeworthy, surely not official...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby GWW » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:13 am

It's on the AFC website, so I assume it's official.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:43 am

Very cringeworthy.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby RustyCage » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Zartan wrote:Maybe Martin responded threateningly because he himself felt threatened at the time by the lady?
Maybe he stood up over her, because she decided to stand over him in the first instance as he say there?
Maybe he threatened to stab her in the face with chopsticks because she baited him asking what he was gonna do?

Meh I think she put herself in that position, she should've dealt with the situation better i.e. go to the manager or bar staff or even one of his mates, but instead she decided to be the hero who spotted an AFL footy player and thought she would jump on her high horse - when that didn't work she ran all the way to the news to get her 5 minutes of fame.

He didn't touch her, move on.

Even if she was standing over him first, if his response to the goading of "What are you going to do?" is to respond with a threat to stab her in the face with a chopstick, he has serious issues.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby RustyCage » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:24 pm

Magellan wrote:It just keeps on going, doesn't it? I'm sure they used that at Guantanamo Bay to get prisoners to talk.

Hopefully they hold rehearsals at the Shed so their supporters can learn the words
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:48 pm

RustyCage wrote:
Magellan wrote:It just keeps on going, doesn't it? I'm sure they used that at Guantanamo Bay to get prisoners to talk.

Hopefully they hold rehearsals at the Shed so their supporters can learn the words

No blue rinse, no crocheted Eddie Betts quilt, no Advertiser, no entry.

Seriously, I get the Crows might want to fill the post-draft pre-preseason vacuum with something - but with this? Jesus H Tapdancing Christ, what an embarrassment.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Magellan wrote:
RustyCage wrote:

No blue rinse, no crocheted Eddie Betts quilt, no Advertiser, no entry.

Seriously, I get the Crows might want to fill the post-draft pre-preseason vacuum with something - but with this? Jesus H Tapdancing Christ, what an embarrassment.

I'm guessing they've got plenty more where that came from.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL