financial projections

All discussions to do with the SANFL

financial projections

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:53 pm

Hearing a club , use to profits for a while not going well. Or 3. The opposite maybe gradually elsewhere or 2.
Last edited by Bounce of the ball on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: financial projections

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:57 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:Hearing a club , used to profits for a while not going well.

How about a hint, BOTB? Sounds like a club just north of the CBD but considerably south of Elizabeth, but I understand they're about to post a decent profit.

Bounce of the ball wrote:Or 3. The opposite maybe gradually elsewhere or 2.

You'll have to have another go at this one, can't work it out. :-?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:30 am

Yep, struggling to keep it to six figures and keep the ATO off their back! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spargo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Hearing a club , used to profits for a while not going well. Or 3. The opposite maybe gradually elsewhere or 2.

If you know the club(s) why don't you just name them?
You've come on here & bagged other posters for doing the same previously in other threads....
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby therisingblues » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:51 pm

I think this is a case of the shoe being on the other foot, or "You're in MY world now!" type mentality.
Actually cracks me up how they keep the info to themselves but just want everyone to know that they know something. I too dream of the day I will know something others don't. :lol:
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Spargo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:29 pm

therisingblues wrote:I think this is a case of the shoe being on the other foot, or "You're in MY world now!" type mentality.
Actually cracks me up how they keep the info to themselves but just want everyone to know that they know something. I too dream of the day I will know something others don't. :lol:

"Ego" was the term used I think :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times

Postby on the rails » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Well it certainly isn't the NAFC who will post a big 6 figure profit.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:21 am

on the rails wrote:Well it certainly isn't the NAFC who will post a big 6 figure profit.

Are the RSL figures included in that number?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:35 am

on the rails wrote:Well it certainly isn't the NAFC who will post a big 6 figure profit.

Well that at least one win for the year for them then.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:44 am

Spargo wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Hearing a club , used to profits for a while not going well. Or 3. The opposite maybe gradually elsewhere or 2.

If you know the club(s) why don't you just name them?
You've come on here & bagged other posters for doing the same previously in other threads....

Because a Glenelg supporter told me , that's hardly credible.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:46 am

therisingblues wrote:I think this is a case of the shoe being on the other foot, or "You're in MY world now!" type mentality.

I agree completely.If I knew then I 'd say . I just was told a few clubs use to making a profit may not be going so well.
Last edited by Bounce of the ball on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby areaman » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:53 pm

Eagles loss for 2015 was $332k.

Any other clubs results available?
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:21 pm

areaman wrote:Eagles loss for 2015 was $332k.

Any other clubs results available?

Ouch....Glenelg mid Feb, with the CEO departing Im guessing it won;t be good news.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby on the rails » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:09 pm

NAFC posted profit of $322,547.00.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Postby saintal » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:10 pm

South

Football club- $175K surplus ($161K loss last year)
Licensed venue/club- $286K loss ($282K loss last year)
So an overall loss of $111K

Football, admin and office expenses down about 300K.
About $1M distributed from licensed club to footy club.

Assuming I've interpreted those figures correctly..
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby on the rails » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:17 pm

Norwood loss $179,369.00.

I think Sturt made a small profit but apart from North the comp is in trouble with as it appears all clubs struggling and posting regular big losses. Some clubs just hanging on to collect the SANFL debt reduction money from sale of AAMI etc.

I will be interested in the GFC final figures as they have delayed their AGM by a week due to an audit not being completed. Appears a week might give the club some time to "tidy" up some messy $$$ results to keep their members happy but I am hearing not good news out of the bay re $$$.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:20 am

on the rails wrote:Norwood loss $179,369.00.

I think Sturt made a small profit but apart from North the comp is in trouble with as it appears all clubs struggling and posting regular big losses. Some clubs just hanging on to collect the SANFL debt reduction money from sale of AAMI etc.

I will be interested in the GFC final figures as they have delayed their AGM by a week due to an audit not being completed. Appears a week might give the club some time to "tidy" up some messy $$$ results to keep their members happy but I am hearing not good news out of the bay re $$$.

Worrying signs indeed, OTR.

Can these figures be put down to a combination of overspending in football departments, low pokie revenues, and falling attendances and memberships? Also, when is the AAMI sale money meant to flow through?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby JK » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:25 am

Magellan wrote:

Can these figures be put down to a combination of overspending in football departments, low pokie revenues, and falling attendances and memberships? Also, when is the AAMI sale money meant to flow through?

Norwood would be up there (if not ahead of all) in Football Department spending I would think .. Knew a loss was coming, and don't think it's an issue going forward - Although the spend on the Membership facility still scares me.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby heater31 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:25 am

Magellan wrote:

Think so. For years clubs have neglected the traditional Football Club income streams (sponsors, members & patrons through the gates). Then the new source of income, Poker Machines and food and beverage suffer a downturn placing pressure on the whole setup.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby JK » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:30 am

heater31 wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Think so. For years clubs have neglected the traditional Football Club income streams (sponsors, members & patrons through the gates). Then the new source of income, Poker Machines and food and beverage suffer a downturn placing pressure on the whole setup.

That's only partially right. Clubs to a degree did neglect members when the gravy train of the pokies was in full swing, but securing new sponsors would be a seriously hard gig for SANFL clubs, with the amount of sporting clubs fighting for them, and the minimal exposure of SANFL footy in comparison to the AFL.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL