financial projections

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: financial projections

Postby Dutchy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:30 pm

Glenelg's Annual Report -
http://www.glenelgfc.com.au/images/2016 ... 202015.pdf

Just when you thought the finances couldn't get any worse, very ugly and Elliot is walking into a ticking time bomb.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:53 pm

fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby on the rails » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:33 am

Good news for the Dogs. Strong clubs means strong comp so these types of announcements important in the big scheme of things.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby on the rails » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:43 am

Dutchy wrote:Glenelg's Annual Report -

Just when you thought the finances couldn't get any worse, very ugly and Elliot is walking into a ticking time bomb.

Hmm GFC in a world of hurt re their financial position but if anyone can turn it around Glenn is the one however not sure where additional revenue can come from? Yearly operating costs increase as does interest on debt. Gaming revenue is very important (eg the NAFC) however the GFC stuck with trying to increase traffic in an area with plenty of gaming comptition but not the same type of social demographic that spends heaps in gambling?

Interestingly the GFC spending significant dollars to upgrade their website and I know the old saying is you need to spend money to make money but will that really help when tightening the purse strings seems to be the way they need to go? Extra web traffic / views all well and good but how does that translate to real $$$ increases? Good for sponsors etc.

Good luck to Glenelg (can't beleive I said that!☺) and the other clubs struggling financially as we need all 8 traditional clubs financially sound otherwise an already compromised and dwindling comp is in big strife!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:43 am

Bottom line, Dutchy?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:25 am

Booney wrote:

Bottom line, Dutchy?

Not good

The money from the sale of Footy Park can't come soon enough, it will reduce our interest payments alone by ~ $300 K a year. Our loss is about $275 K all of a sudden our financial position is better.

Bottom line we need to get rid of our debt.

<edit>
Booney, Seems like the 1990 SANFL GF had a lasting legacy into the 1991 AFl season.....

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:05 am

Keep up the good work Chiggy!!!!!!!!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:17 am

Bad news for the Bays, hope they can turn it around. The Snaffle needs a strong Glenelg IMO (to be honest, all clubs need to be strong going forward). I presume their pokies are located at the Bay Oval clubrooms - do they need a strategy to move them to a more accommodating area?

PS Loved the Richmond package from 1991 - reckon I saw David Honybun (no. 42?) in there somewhere. It's not often you get a player with a surname the same as a cutesy nickname for your girlfriend.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby VALE PARK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:19 am

Why don't the SANFL play another 4 games in the 5 weeks no league footy is played during the season ,
that would mean another 2 games at the bay and every other home ground and create more income for all the clubs?
Just too simple to me!
I guess the SANFL doesn't need the extra income!
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:20 am

Magellan wrote:Bad news for the Bays, hope they can turn it around. The Snaffle needs a strong Glenelg IMO (to be honest, all clubs need to be strong going forward). I presume their pokies are located at the Bay Oval clubrooms - do they need a strategy to move them to a more accommodating area?

PS Loved the Richmond package from 1991 - reckon I saw David Honybun (no. 42?) in there somewhere. It's not often you get a player with a surname the same as a cutesy nickname for your girlfriend.

Rubbish, don't you remember John Ironmonger?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:29 am

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:Bad news for the Bays, hope they can turn it around. The Snaffle needs a strong Glenelg IMO (to be honest, all clubs need to be strong going forward). I presume their pokies are located at the Bay Oval clubrooms - do they need a strategy to move them to a more accommodating area?

Rubbish, don't you remember John Ironmonger?

You did spend your teen years in the Port, didn't you. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:10 am

VALE PARK wrote:Why don't the SANFL play another 4 games in the 5 weeks no league footy is played during the season ,
that would mean another 2 games at the bay and every other home ground and create more income for all the clubs?
Just too simple to me!
I guess the SANFL doesn't need the extra income!

They can't play more rounds. The AFL players agreement means that the season can only run for a defined period of time.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby VALE PARK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:46 am

I am not suggesting increasing the season by a day.
There are 22 minor round games programmed.
There are 10 teams in the comp,,just play 22 minor round games not 18 over the 22 minor rounds.
Plus there is also a week off for a meaningless state game as a rest week.
5 weeks of wasted revenue raising for the 8 clubs.
Successful business would not accept this for non performing income producing assets.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:12 pm

When clubs post continuous losses shouldn't the members start looking at the Board ? Glenelgs board looks a bit of a mates club.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:02 pm

Booney wrote:

Bottom line, Dutchy?

Have a read of page 48 under "Going Concern" for the commentary from the Auditors.

Basically bank hasn't renewed their facilities yet, on payment plans with creditors and owe significant $ to the ATO as well as drawing down on a council loan facility. Any of the above could force the club to close its doors if not managed very carefully.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby RB » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Good thing that AFL reserves teams have arrived to save all the clubs then...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:48 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Bottom line, Dutchy?

Have a read of page 48 under "Going Concern" for the commentary from the Auditors.

Basically bank hasn't renewed their facilities yet, on payment plans with creditors and owe significant $ to the ATO as well as drawing down on a council loan facility. Any of the above could force the club to close its doors if not managed very carefully.

Not a good read.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

financial projections

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:58 am

RB wrote:Good thing that AFL reserves teams have arrived to save all the clubs then...

So you are telling me Honest Joe and his crooked mates have been telling porkies?
Who would of thought [emoji35]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Not sure if it's been reported earlier in this thread, but the Eagles and Bloods made losses last year of $332,000 and $283,000 respectively. :(

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/financial-woes-hit-2015-sanfl-grand-finalists/news-story/ffda59be9ab937bd05b349aadb6ae75a

I also watched a news story on Channel Nine last night (not that you could legitimately call it a 'story', since it ran for about 15 seconds and would've had no more than twenty words in the script) which highlighted Glenelg's unfortunate financial position, and in fact went as far as questioning the club's solvency. This of course followed an enlightening piece of Crows news about "the next Andrew McLeod" (whoever it was, good luck son, talk about putting the moccas on) and something about Scott Thompson (perhaps this year he'll become the oldest player in AFL history to consistently miss targets by foot? I dunno, I had the sound turned down).

It's funny that the media seems keen to jump on these 'bad' news stories about the Snaffle clubs like a kid on a trampoline. I don't recall any news stores on mainstream news media about North Adelaide's second consecutive year of $300,000 plus profits, or better still Sturt who I understand recently turned a profit from a loss last year (I stand to be corrected on that) through some savvy cost-cutting and raising funds via the selling of picket fences at Unley Oval. These stories deserve at least some oxygen in the football media landscape.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Harry the Horse » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:49 pm

At least we'll have a national women's team to barrack for (AWFL?) to replace our SANFL clubs once they've all gone bust.
Harry the Horse
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL