We need to make a stand guys.
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Re: This world of our's...

Postby Psyber » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:44 pm

This world of ours is under attack by a dangerous religious fundamentalism.
It has happened before but the weaponry and coordination was less effective then.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stor ... oting.html

France has closed its borders after more than 140 people were killed in six coordinated attacks across Paris.

At least 38 people died in shootings and bombings at bars, restaurants and a stadium in the capital - before at least 100 people were killed at the Bataclan concert hall. At least eight attackers have been killed, the Paris prosecutor said. Seven of them died in suicide blasts.

French President Francois Hollande announced the country's borders were being shut as he declared a state of emergency in response to the attacks.
In a televised address, he said the military is being deployed around the capital.

'It's a horror,' Mr Hollande said.
'This is a terrible ordeal that again assails us. We know where it comes from, who these criminals are, who these terrorists are.'
No terror group has claimed responsibility, but Twitter accounts linked to jihadists have been celebrating the attacks.
See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stor ... pANB9.dpuf

EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Bully » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:17 pm

I think we are lucky in our age . I cant think on how this place will be in say 100 years time when none of us will be here.

Some are saying that we should arm ourselves or bring in laws like the US to "its our right to bare arms" and carry legal hand guns around with us. I don't think that arming everyone with side arms is the answer. Don't have an answer to it myself. But it will turn out if you have a disagreement with someone at a shop or someone looks at you the wrong way you can end up shot or even dead .

The paris attacks are reporting that now French intelligence has found there was no online/phone chatter between the scum that did these acts and they must have just met at random places face to face and planned these attacks. How does one stop that ? Impossible ....

Do we all sit at home, where its more safer then going out ?? . Seems that if you don't go out to public places then you wont be harmed as much, or be caught up in an attack.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:17 pm

Religion is often involved with most conflicts In the world . I also don't understand why people get behind America as they also are a big part to play. They are the most violent country in the world. Certainly not condoning this terrorism crap but you have to ask why they do it .
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Q. » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Let's not forget the victims of today's attacks in Beirut and Baghdad. Most of us have Lebanese friends that would be feeling the weight of this tragedy.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Psyber » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:59 am

Q. wrote:Let's not forget the victims of today's attacks in Beirut and Baghdad. Most of us have Lebanese friends that would be feeling the weight of this tragedy.

Yes I have Lebanese friends who are affected.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:04 am

Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby valleys07 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Not to offend any religious posters but....

John Lennon's idea of a world without religion is looking pretty good right about now..
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Magellan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:06 am

valleys07 wrote:Not to offend any religious posters but....

John Lennon's idea of a world without religion is looking pretty good right about now..

Agree Valleys, although IMO the motivation for the ongoing actions of IS is limited to an extreme minority view of what that particular religion believes in. All other beliefs, no matter what they subscribe to, don't go as far as conquering nonbelievers.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:20 am

valleys07 wrote:Not to offend any religious posters but....

John Lennon was full of shit.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Magellan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:23 am

Dogwatcher wrote:John Lennon was full of shit.

Just ask Mark Chapman (or should I say the voices in his head).
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:30 am

Q. wrote:Let's not forget the victims of today's attacks in Beirut and Baghdad. Most of us have Lebanese friends that would be feeling the weight of this tragedy.

Agree Q , also the daily oppression of the Palestinian people from Israel ,who continue to build settlements on Palestinian land in violation of the UN .

So RIP to all that have lost their lives in Paris .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:11 am

C***'* F*****
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:18 am

Acts of atrocity in war torn zones are one thing, random acts of violence and bloody murder in a place of peace is another. They simply cannot be compared, nor should they.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:24 am

Booney wrote:

Acts of atrocity in war torn zones are one thing, random acts of violence and bloody murder in a place of peace is another. They simply cannot be compared, nor should they.

Sorry Booney,
When your country decides to take its war machine and use it against whoever paints a target on its head.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:30 am

shoe boy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Sorry Booney,
When your country decides to take its war machine and use it against whoever paints a target on its head.

I'm not sure what you mean there mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:35 am

Booney wrote:

I think it's fairly obvious that the attacks in Paris and Beirut were not random acts of violence, but calculated moves by IS to strike back at countries providing on-ground support in the war against IS.
Q.
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:41 am

Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:

I think it's fairly obvious that the attacks in Paris and Beirut were not random acts of violence, but calculated moves by IS to strike back at countries providing on-ground support in the war against IS.

Beirut is hardly a place of peace.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:50 am

Booney wrote:
Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:

Beirut is hardly a place of peace.

Lebanon has been a fairly safe country to travel through, however, you miss the point. That it may be 'less peaceful' than France doesn't discount the fact that IS also targeted civilians in Beirut because Lebanon has committed troops to fighting IS.

Why does a spectrum of 'peacefulness' make some civilian casualties more important than others to you?
Q.
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:51 am

Great to see the French react and bomb the crap out of Syria today, hopefully they get some support and level the place.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Next

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion