SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:34 pm

oyster wrote:
Magellan wrote:
oyster wrote:I don't see why there should be only 1 player from each of the SANFL clubs? The SANFL clubs should be happy to promote their players to playing the highest level possible. The SANFL clubs should want their players to achieve the highest level they can personally play. It's about the players welfare and not about the SANFL club surely.

I'm guessing oyster doesn't have a genuine allegiance to an SANFL club.

Actually I do.

I would prefer that the young player realises his potential and his dream of playing in the AFL rather being held back because of some rule.

Let the young players realise their dream of playing at the highest possible level. All leagues outside of the AFL are meant to be feeder leagues to the AFL, so that players can fulfil their dreams of playing in the highest competition in the land. It would be selfish of SANFL clubs to hold players back

Meant to be feeder leagues?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Reddeer » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:03 pm

oyster wrote:
Magellan wrote:
oyster wrote:I don't see why there should be only 1 player from each of the SANFL clubs? The SANFL clubs should be happy to promote their players to playing the highest level possible. The SANFL clubs should want their players to achieve the highest level they can personally play. It's about the players welfare and not about the SANFL club surely.

Actually I do.

I would prefer that the young player realises his potential and his dream of playing in the AFL rather being held back because of some rule.

Let the young players realise their dream of playing at the highest possible level. All leagues outside of the AFL are meant to be feeder leagues to the AFL, so that players can fulfil their dreams of playing in the highest competition in the land. It would be selfish of SANFL clubs to hold players back

Yeah, that's the problem we true supporters of the SANFL have with the whole setup'
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby the wizard » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Just saw on the news the bombers looking at Johnson, thanks for the 50 k red legs
the wizard
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby JK » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:26 pm

the wizard wrote:Just saw on the news the bombers looking at Johnson, thanks for the 50 k red legs

You've got plenty more than that, not that it seems to help ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby oyster » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:32 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
oyster wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Actually I do.

Meant to be feeder leagues?

Yes feeder leagues. I'm not sure how it's so hard to understand the natural progression of a player through the system.

Junior leagues around the state, country clubs and ammo clubs should be preparing or encouraging young players to play in the highest possible. That highest possible league in South Australia, being the SANFL.

Therefore all of those leagues are feeder leagues to the SANFL. As every other league is a feeder league to the SANFL, they then become a feeder league to the AFL. Thats about as simple as it gets. Clubs or rules, can't be holding players back from fulfilling their dreams of playing in the highest competition in the land, which is the AFL.
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:35 pm

Whatever, you're just trying to troll, knowing that none of this is actually going to be an issue, as so few players are going to be taken anyway.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:38 pm

the wizard wrote:Just saw on the news the bombers looking at Johnson, thanks for the 50 k red legs

North are a laughing stock on field but if all that money in your clubs coffers comfort you at night good luck
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby oyster » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Whatever, you're just trying to troll, knowing that none of this is actually going to be an issue, as so few players are going to be taken anyway.

How is this trolling. Its making a statement that every club should ensure players have the best chance of playing in the AFL as possible. You know I was right, so the only way out was start the sentence with Whatever. It doesn't matter if 1 player or 20 players, everyone should be happy and encouraging of players to make it into the highest competition in the land.
oyster
Rookie

Postby Mickyj » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:59 pm

oyster wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Whatever, you're just trying to troll, knowing that none of this is actually going to be an issue, as so few players are going to be taken anyway.

How is this trolling. Its making a statement that every club should ensure players have the best chance of playing in the AFL as possible. You know I was right, so the only way out was start the sentence with Whatever. It doesn't matter if 1 player or 20 players, everyone should be happy and encouraging of players to make it into the highest competition in the land.

So here is a question while leave until it's to late for SANFL clubs to replace recruits ?
Why not do it two years ago so it's been done and dusted .
If the AFL is so honest why not ban the entire club oh so less money for the AFL can't do that
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:02 pm

Jim05 wrote:

North are a laughing stock on field but if all that money in your clubs coffers comfort you at night good luck

Now hang on a sec there, Jim.

The money in our coffers provides us with excessive levels of on-field comfort during the daytime as well, and usually from about 2pm on match days. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby oyster » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Mickyj wrote:
oyster wrote:

So here is a question while leave until it's to late for SANFL clubs to replace recruits ?
Why not do it two years ago so it's been done and dusted .
If the AFL is so honest why not ban the entire club oh so less money for the AFL can't do that

Thats a whole different discussion.
No one is saying whats happened is good or ideal.
The whole circus has taken way too long.
These are the rules as they currently are, as set out by the AFL and Essendon are allowed to pick up players from around the nation.
oyster
Rookie

Postby JK » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:11 pm

oyster wrote:Yes feeder leagues. I'm not sure how it's so hard to understand the natural progression of a player through the system.

Junior leagues around the state, country clubs and ammo clubs should be preparing or encouraging young players to play in the highest possible. That highest possible league in South Australia, being the SANFL.

Therefore all of those leagues are feeder leagues to the SANFL. As every other league is a feeder league to the SANFL, they then become a feeder league to the AFL. Thats about as simple as it gets. Clubs or rules, can't be holding players back from fulfilling their dreams of playing in the highest competition in the land, which is the AFL.

Can't disagree with that, it's the world we live in today and going forward, and I wouldn't think many would disagree with it. However, no SANFL club should have that as their first priority (a priority yes, but not no. 1). Allowing a player to move away to the detriment of the clubs potential success should not be expected or accepted.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Its either that or alcohol.
At least us North fans brought a bit of atmosphere to one of your Grand Final wins :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Pseudo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:16 pm

JK wrote: Allowing a player to move away to the detriment of the clubs potential success should not be expected or accepted.

^ this. End of discussion.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby stan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Johnson also posted on his facebook page that this was crap. So looks doubtful. Even without that statement it would be doubtful. I mean surely you can have johnson and Shaun Mckernan on the same list [emoji12]
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:56 pm

LJ won't be going to Essendon.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:56 pm

Wedgie wrote:LJ won't be going to Essendon.

Correct
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Magellan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:29 pm

stan wrote:

Johnson also posted on his facebook page that this was crap. So looks doubtful. Even without that statement it would be doubtful. I mean surely you can have johnson and Shaun Mckernan on the same list [emoji12]

Shaun McKernan. If ever there was a player who needed performance enhancing drugs, it's him.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:22 am

Grahaml wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
oyster wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Havnt read the article, just knew that the 1 player per club rule was announced by the club yesterday[/quote

I don't see why there should be only 1 player from each of the SANFL clubs? The SANFL clubs should be happy to promote their players to playing the highest level possible. The SANFL clubs should want their players to achieve the highest level they can personally play. It's about the players welfare and not about the SANFL club surely.

There shouldn't be any bloody players from any SANFL clubs.
Why should SANFL clubs suffer because of Essendon's drug cheats. **** em off, they have a reserves team, let them choose players from there.

Why should a player miss out on an opportunity because an SANFL club can't cope with replacing 1 player? Would hate to tell a young kid I was trying to deny his chance at a dream job.

That's what the draft's are for.
Not to bail out Essendon's shit. Never mind "miss out on an opportunity" garbage. These players all have the opportunity to put their hands up at Draft time. And why should any SANFL club have to "cope" with losing one or any other number of players. These same players have all signed up to their respective clubs. If Essendon are so short of players let them take players from other AFL clubs. After all there would only be one from each club so surely they could all cope.

It makes me laugh, this typical AFL self-Centred attitude. Dismissive of the SANFL and lacking any understanding of why it should matter.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:00 am

If a player has the opportunity to play AFL he should be able to do so. As long as the SANFL club is adequately compensated then it shouldn't be an issue. Even the most diehard SANFL supporter shouldn't begrudge a player taking an opportunity to play at the highest level if one presented itself..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL