RESRVES AFL teams future

All discussions to do with the SANFL

RESRVES AFL teams future

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Not many on here like it. What about the clubs now? A few posters on here have posted a turn in opinion ? Not so sure its credible.

Its not that simple . What is the agreed time frame of being in the competition , what is the time frame for them to be removed and where do the clubs get the $100,000k from them not being in ? Chuck in TV which leads to sponsorship .................

A short sighted dollar vision decision by 6 clubs. Will the AFL reserves teams stay ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: RESRVES AFL teams future

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:13 pm

They will be gone, hopefully as early as next season
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby holden78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:31 am

Unfortunately, the economic situation means a huge amount in this state at this time, new sponsors with plenty to spend are like hen's teeth.

Keep them in, take all the money, give them 20 games and NO finals because that's not what they really want, they just want development games.

Double points for any SANFL club that beats them also. :finga:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Panther Pack » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:09 am

The AFL Players association are lobbying the AFL to get rid of rookies and increase the primary AFL list. So let's say the primary list goes to 46 and everyone is fit what does this mean for players like Callihan and Summerton as AFL listed players will get priority selection in reserves.

Should rules regarding the 1 mature player not on AFL list be looked at?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby CENTURION » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:04 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:Not many on here like it. What about the clubs now? A few posters on here have posted a turn in opinion ? Not so sure its credible.

Its not that simple . What is the agreed time frame of being in the competition , what is the time frame for them to be removed and where do the clubs get the $100,000k from them not being in ? Chuck in TV which leads to sponsorship .................

A short sighted dollar vision decision by 6 clubs. Will the AFL reserves teams stay ?

We are losing more than the $100,000, due to low attendance levels. I'm a sponsor & having games televised, in my opinion, is NOT good for sponsors.
I would rather have 5,000 people at the game, constantly reading my signage, than have it on TV, where people rarely catch a glimpse of my signage.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Fluffbag » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:34 am

CENTURION wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Not many on here like it. What about the clubs now? A few posters on here have posted a turn in opinion ? Not so sure its credible.

We are losing more than the $100,000, due to low attendance levels. I'm a sponsor & having games televised, in my opinion, is NOT good for sponsors.
I would rather have 5,000 people at the game, constantly reading my signage, than have it on TV, where people rarely catch a glimpse of my signage.

As a south supporter, I can't remember going to many games with 5,000 people,
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby cennals05 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:41 am

CENTURION wrote:

Centrals also lost a $40000 sponsorship from Channel 9 because the games are telecast on Channel 7. The SANFL said they weren't allowed to sponsor us. On that basis I would rather not have Centrals games telecast. Apparently a team does that in Perth.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Ian » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:21 am

cennals05 wrote:Centrals also lost a $40000 sponsorship from Channel 9 because the games are telecast on Channel 7. The SANFL said they weren't allowed to sponsor us. On that basis I would rather not have Centrals games telecast. Apparently a team does that in Perth.

In the current economic climate the league and it's sponsors need to pull their head in, even the AFL & Toyota allow other car manufacturers to sponsor clubs, North missed out on both Schweppes and Coopers in the past 5 or 6 years because they weren't allowed to sponsor a SANFL club, both times had to have new guernseys made after they jumped the gun getting them made. I'm sure other clubs have had similar issues re: sponsorship.

Back on topic, NO AFL IN THE SANFL!! :evil:
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Fricky » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:29 am

Ian wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Centrals also lost a $40000 sponsorship from Channel 9 because the games are telecast on Channel 7. The SANFL said they weren't allowed to sponsor us. On that basis I would rather not have Centrals games telecast. Apparently a team does that in Perth.

In the current economic climate the league and it's sponsors need to pull their head in, even the AFL & Toyota allow other car manufacturers to sponsor clubs, North missed out on both Schweppes and Coopers in the past 5 or 6 years because they weren't allowed to sponsor a SANFL club, both times had to have new guernseys made after they jumped the gun getting them made. I'm sure other clubs have had similar issues re: sponsorship.

Norwood must have missed that memo
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:32 am

Suri wrote:
Ian wrote:

Norwood must have missed that memo

Incorrect, their deal was in place before the collective agreement was made by the SANFL.
Existing sponsorships were allowed to remain in place but no new ones were allowed to be entered into.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Scoop » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:49 am

South had a sponsorship deal with Schweppes, as one of our major sponsors, but were required to cover the logos on their guernseys in round 1 a few years ago before having new jumpers made. As a result, in large part due to the lack of promotion (restrictions on displaying logos etc) Schweppes didn't renew their deal and Coca Cola are now the drink supplier (as they are for the SANFL) but not a major sponsor, as Schweppes were.
Insanity Multimedia and Nick Hook Photography
Scoop
Rookie

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:02 pm

Scoop wrote:South had a sponsorship deal with Schweppes, as one of our major sponsors, but were required to cover the logos on their guernseys in round 1 a few years ago before having new jumpers made. As a result, in large part due to the lack of promotion (restrictions on displaying logos etc) Schweppes didn't renew their deal and Coca Cola are now the drink supplier (as they are for the SANFL) but not a major sponsor, as Schweppes were.

Think it was reported at the time that South asked and nobody at the SANFL bothered to get back to them about the jumper sponsorship until after they were made...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Board index   Football  SANFL