Glenelg FC

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Glenelg FC

Postby o five » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:That is very much missing from the competition, right now.
The SANFL needs some characters that are promotable and who will promote the competition and gain it some additional prominence.

Yes, and no.

Promotion we need, clowns we don't. For instance, footy followers have worked out that Brian Taylor calling the game is putrid and he's been moved on. We want quality, not a (bad) court jester.

Still at Ch 7 and MMM as far as Im aware

Not bad for a clown hey.
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Happy Endings » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:13 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:Labeled a basket case on MMM. 13 coaches in 25 years . Can't argue with it really and disappointing for the fans.

I'm new to this but is this a series topic. These are the same douchebags that named Clarksen as the Crows coach. Any stat can be tweaked to embellish an argument as it had in this case. Triple M are the basket case if ya ask me. Award winnin journalism to say last years spooners are struggling.
Happy Endings
Rookie

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: West Gambier

Postby bennymacca » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:02 am

Dogwatcher wrote:That is very much missing from the competition, right now.
The SANFL needs some characters that are promotable and who will promote the competition and gain it some additional prominence.

Don't worry, if Tex gets injured again he might play a game of sanfl

:)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:18 am

I love series topics.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:27 am

Why didn't chiggy just let the club die like he let the comps integrity die.

What's his plan to save the clubthis year.

Hope Chappy can host another business luncheon ??
Invite nick Stevens to club functions with happy hour prices at bar???.
Place the clubs debt on an interest free credit card via holdfast council ???
Have Ike Turner replace Lokan as full time coach ???
Host Tex Days ???
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby RustyCage » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:03 am

JK wrote:
Spargo wrote:He left Prospect at the end of '89 (after winning North's B&F IIRC) to play one year at Norwood before the Crows formed.
He returned to the Parade after Blight arrived at West Lakes and cleaned out all the dead wood. He didn't change clubs "chasing a flag" as North at the time were far more regarded challengers than Norwood.
To say he eventually achieved this in '97 after North had won another in '91, is at best, a stretch.

He couldn't have known the Crows were forming and to a degree he was chasing a flag at that time, just didnt turn out any better off in that respect.

But it was definitely a big $ trade, and that would have been %90+ of the reason, no question. (Norwood splashed some decent cash at the time, *cough* Doug Smart).

Worth every penny though for Jarman:

- Brought us a transfer fee
- Won a Magarey
- Won a Premiership

He signed with Norwood expecting to be the brother of a team mate there
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby JK » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:06 pm

First Ive heard of that one mate, what a shame it didn't materialise :)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Happy Endings » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:36 pm

UK Fan wrote:Why didn't chiggy just let the club die like he let the comps integrity die.

Host Tex Days ???

Nick Chigwidden (President 13/02/2013 to Present)

Inducted into the Glenelg Football Club Hall of Fame, Nick Chigwidden's career at the Club includes playing 293 games between 1987-2000, holding the record for the longest
serving Captain for the Club (1993-2000) and winning 4 consecutive Best & Fairest medals in 1991-1994. Chigwidden has been awarded Player Life Memberstatus for the
Glenelg Football Club and the SANFL. Chigwidden holds a Bachelor of Business (Marketing) is currently the Sales Manager at FiveAA and is also a Director of PhysioXtra.

Not a bad resume. What have you ever done apart from post anonymous mud slanging on a forum. Sorry but Dedja is not available to comment so I thought I would take this one.

Glenelg voted yes. Get over it and stop besmirching the character of a great bloke who works tirelessly for his club.
Happy Endings
Rookie

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:55 pm

Happy Endings wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Why didn't chiggy just let the club die like he let the comps integrity die.

Host Tex Days ???

Nick Chigwidden (President 13/02/2013 to Present)

Inducted into the Glenelg Football Club Hall of Fame, Nick Chigwidden's career at the Club includes playing 293 games between 1987-2000, holding the record for the longest
serving Captain for the Club (1993-2000) and winning 4 consecutive Best & Fairest medals in 1991-1994. Chigwidden has been awarded Player Life Memberstatus for the
Glenelg Football Club and the SANFL. Chigwidden holds a Bachelor of Business (Marketing) is currently the Sales Manager at FiveAA and is also a Director of PhysioXtra.

Not a bad resume. What have you ever done apart from post anonymous mud slanging on a forum. Sorry but Dedja is not available to comment so I thought I would take this one.

Glenelg voted yes. Get over it and stop besmirching the character of a great bloke who works tirelessly for his club.

Works for 5AAFL surprise surprise. Looks like he knows where his bread is buttered.

You are aware u and Dedja aren't the only two bays fans on this forum??
Two wooden spoons in 2 years
Two financial losses in 2 years
Defied the members that have supported him for 35 years to deliberately destroy the integrity of the Comp that made him.

Honest question. Is there a bays president with a worse record of achievements ??????

Even Steven Barrett has a better record.

Also HE could you please educate the rest of us on exactly what chiggy did to "save the GFC from dying" last year as dedja(and no other bays fan) claimed.

The floor is yours don't be shy mate
Last edited by UK Fan on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:47 pm

Barro was CEO wasn't he ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:13 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:Barro was CEO wasn't he ?

Yes.
Oranges and Apples.
Next UK will be having a go at the Pres for not selling as many pies as the canteen lady.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Happy Endings wrote:Glenelg voted yes. Get over it and stop besmirching the character of a great bloke who works tirelessly for his club.

Besmirching? Nice one.

Chiggy deserves exactly the same level of opprobrium as all of the weak as p*ss club presidents who sold their club and, by extension, competition down the river.

I'll get over it when those clowns have left the competition.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby UK Fan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Yes.
Oranges and Apples.
Next UK will be having a go at the Pres for not selling as many pies as the canteen lady.

what a pity Barra was CEO.

Sorry Chiggy, I tried to find someone more useless but unfortunately ......

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Happy Endings » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Yes.
Oranges and Apples.

Please can we leave Glenda out of this discussion
Happy Endings
Rookie

Postby Happy Endings » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:04 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Happy Endings wrote:Glenelg voted yes. Get over it and stop besmirching the character of a great bloke who works tirelessly for his club.

Besmirching? Nice one.

Chiggy deserves exactly the same level of opprobrium as all of the weak as p*ss club presidents who sold their club and, by extension, competition down the river.

I'll get over it when those clowns have left the competition.

Firstly great use of the word opprobrium. I think you will find the 6 guys that voted yes are actually 6 clubs. These clubs won't be going anywhere soon. We have a ten team comp now and it's here to stay. You don't have to like it but it is unfair of you to continually attack Chiggy for making a club decision.

You will be eating your words when the Bays win the premiership
(Maxwell Smart voice) "Would you believe make the 5?" " Would you believe improve".

Definitely will improve this year and it all starts April 3 at the Bay. Happy for you to join me and Chiggy for a beer when we beat South
Happy Endings
Rookie

Postby on the rails » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Your comment re the vote being a "club's decision" is a moot point.

When I attended the Information Night (The lets lie to the members meeeting) at North, the President said to the assembled masses that regardless of what the members wanted or what the Board wanted (North's Board voted unanimously against the AFL teams coming in) that the Presidents had the right to vote how they felt and for what was in the best interests of the SANFL and Football in general in SA.

Bohdan made it clear that regardless of what the members and the board thought he would vote based on his feelings which no doubt as a League Director where influenced and pressured from the likes of Whicker and Co. and those useless fat cat drunks who parade as the Commission. He (Bohdan) not 18 months earlier addressed a Presidents lunch and was publically deadset against any AFL Teams fielding reserves sides in our comp - both in the Seniors and the Reserve Grade.

Anyone who thinks he was not "got at" is a fool and I suspect others like Chiggy, Slaven and certainly Tripodi where all got at hence the YES vote.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:23 pm

Happy Endings wrote:You don't have to like it but it is unfair of you to continually attack Chiggy for making a club decision.

Refer to OTR's post why I can and will continue to attack Chiggy and his five mates for their outrageously poor decision.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby on the rails » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Further to my earlier post - the two clubs that voted NO were not penalised, both still got their AFL Funded dividend and were no better or worse off than the 6 clubs who voted Yes. The spin doctors who point to crowd stats to support the argument about their inclusion are people who can't see that stats can be manipulated to suit an arguement depending on what view / angle you take.

I have read just about all the Clubs financial reports for 2014 and I cannot see anywhere in any of the figures where the inclusion of AFL Clubs into our comp helped or looks like helping long term re the perilous situations some clubs find themselve in re revenue and servicing large debts. I think personally that the situation will get worse over time and the spin fed by the likes of Trigg and Chapman re the $$$ windfall would bring the SANFL will prove to be what it is - a bunch of lies.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:47 pm

on the rails wrote: I think personally that the situation will get worse over time

You don't think going out of your way to alienate and anger your customers is a long term business plan OTR?

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:47 pm

Honest question. Is there a bays president with a worse record of achievements ??????

Rob Rabone????
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL