Aus v Ind Test Series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:07 pm

MJ ruled out with hamstring soreness. Please dont bring Starc back in
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dogmatic » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Being 2-0 up in the series I wouldn't mind if they gave Jason Behrendorff a go. He is a left hander and has been getting plenty of wickets this season.
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:41 pm

Dogmatic wrote:Being 2-0 up in the series I wouldn't mind if they gave Jason Behrendorff a go. He is a left hander and has been getting plenty of wickets this season.

And how's his 4 day form? Edit; 4 matches 14 wickets @ 27. 10 came in one game. 4/260 in his other 3
Give me a break, looks great when bowling 4 overs, so does Starc.

Its down to Starc, Siddle or Agar to replace him, no one else in the squad that has assembled in Sydney
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:48 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Dogmatic wrote:Being 2-0 up in the series I wouldn't mind if they gave Jason Behrendorff a go. He is a left hander and has been getting plenty of wickets this season.

And how's his 4 day form?

Its down to Starc, Siddle or Agar to replace him, no one else in the squad that has assembled in Sydney

Im playing Siddle out of that lot.
No to Starc he is garbage.
You have a fragile attack of Harris and Watto, if one of them break down we are in strife, atleast we know Siddle can bowl all day if required. Not in favour of another spinner especially Agar who offers nothing with the ball. Smith and Warner can bowl a bit of spin if required
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Personally Starc has the most upside and is the best long term option out of him and Siddle so he gets the nod, I would love to see Starc play the MJ role of short, fast, aggressive spells with a licence to drop it in real short at these pea hearts.

I haven't put a line through Starc just yet

If the series was still up for grabs and it was Harris or Hazelwood injured I would play Siddle out of them two.

I also agree Behrendorf is defiantly one for the future along with Nathan Coulter Nile if he can stay fit
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:01 pm

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

You have a fragile attack of Harris and Watto, if one of them break down we are in strife, atleast we know Siddle can bowl all day if required. Not in favour of another spinner especially Agar who offers nothing with the ball. Smith and Warner can bowl a bit of spin if required

Agree with this, bring Siddle in before the other two. Don't even know why Agar is in the squad, Mark Waugh said on inside cricket that he was pick more on potential than form which is bullshit. What about Steven O'Keefe as the second spinning option if we needed one? Has he been injured? I can't find if he's played any cricket recently.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:01 pm

whufc wrote:Personally Starc has the most upside and is the best long term option out of him and Siddle so he gets the nod, I would love to see Starc play the MJ role of short, fast, aggressive spells with a licence to drop it in real short at these pea hearts.

If the series was still up for grabs and it was Harris or Hazelwood injured I would play Siddle out of them two.

I also agree Behrendorf is defiantly one for the future along with Nathan Coulter Nile if he can stay fit

Starc is Bracken Mark II, great white ball bowler but not test standard. For a bloke his build and pace he should be leaving blokes black and blue yet he bowls like a pussy. Unless he gets some anger in him he wont have a test career. Pattinson, Cummins and Bird all have him covered
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:02 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Agree with this, bring Siddle in before the other two. Don't even know why Agar is in the squad, Mark Waugh said on inside cricket that he was pick more on potential than form which is bullshit. What about Steven O'Keefe as the second spinning option if we needed one? Has he been injured? I can't find if he's played any cricket recently.

SOK injured
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:07 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:Personally Starc has the most upside and is the best long term option out of him and Siddle so he gets the nod, I would love to see Starc play the MJ role of short, fast, aggressive spells with a licence to drop it in real short at these pea hearts.

Starc is Bracken Mark II, great white ball bowler but not test standard. For a bloke his build and pace he should be leaving blokes black and blue yet he bowls like a pussy. Unless he gets some anger in him he wont have a test career. Pattinson, Cummins and Bird all have him covered

Agree he needs abit of c**t about him

This is his perfect chance with MJ out the side to show he has it in him

If he can't produce this time with attitude and ball I'll put a line through him
whufc
Coach

Postby Dogmatic » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Apologies to Hammer. Mistaken identity on my mobile.
Last edited by Dogmatic on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:20 pm

Dogmatic wrote:

Changed your tune pretty quick.

When have I rubbished him
whufc
Coach

Postby Dogmatic » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:41 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

And how's his 4 day form? Edit; 4 matches 14 wickets @ 27. 10 came in one game. 4/260 in his other 3

Were you one of the old blokes in the muppets?
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:47 pm

Starc is a big disappointment. Was a huge warp for him with his potential 3-4 years ago and sure he's had a couple of injuries, but just hasn't shown any development like you'd hope with someone given that many chances at that level. Still young though.

On a positive note, Zampa is primed for his test debut after bowling SA to victory with a second-innings six-for in Adelaide's usual pre-Christmas Shield game. Oh, hang on, that's not what's been going on?......
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Dogmatic » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:53 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Back for Sixers next BBL game according to Foxsports twitter feed.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Dogmatic wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Sorry for disagreeing with you and not getting caught up in the hype of 1 or 2 over spells with white balls on the WACA against weaker opposition than u find in shield games.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Dogmatic » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:18 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Dogmatic wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Sorry for disagreeing with you and not getting caught up in the hype of 1 or 2 over spells with white balls on the WACA against weaker opposition than u find in shield games.

40 shield wickets last year.
Exception reporting. Take the best returns out of small sample averages and of course it looks totally different.
His first class bowling average over 20 matches is 25.57, Mitch Johnson's first class is 28.6 and Starc's 31.56.
His returns look pretty good to me.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Jim05 wrote:MJ ruled out with hamstring soreness. Please dont bring Starc back in

They're scraping the bottom of the barrel if they do.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
Jim05 wrote:MJ ruled out with hamstring soreness. Please dont bring Starc back in

They have a squad of 14 and are not adding anyone to it. So its Starc, Siddle or Agar who comes in
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:02 pm

@Dogmatic,

So we are picking bowlers on last years from now are we?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

They have a squad of 14 and are not adding anyone to it. So its Starc, Siddle or Agar who comes in

No point in picking Siddle, his down on pace, does nothing with the ball and is a real real real poor mans Harris

Agar, enough said

Has to be Starc to play

Personally I would rather have seen a Behrendorf, Pattinson, Cummins or a bolter in Gurindher Sandhu

I wanna see Starc find his aggression in first class cricket before selected again
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket