Port Adelaide 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Postby stan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:30 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Which was in response to Port fanatics accusing Crows fans of leaving early...its a fricking joke how much air time this non issue gets.

I couldn't care less what people do in regards to leaving a game or what they wear to the match. Clearly I'm in the minority.

I can't believe we are still talking about this. We feed the media about this crap. Just another example of Adelaide and it's small town mentality.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:32 am

stan wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Which was in response to Port fanatics accusing Crows fans of leaving early...its a fricking joke how much air time this non issue gets.

I couldn't care less what people do in regards to leaving a game or what they wear to the match. Clearly I'm in the minority.

I can't believe we are still talking about this. We feed the media about this crap. Just another example of Adelaide and it's small town mentality.

Absolutely, it should never of been an issue.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7939 times

Postby MW » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:
Booney wrote:

Absolutely, it should never of been an issue.

Spot on everyone...so lets stop talking about it! :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2632 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I never knew of that, my facebook newsfeed was littered by Crow supporters, I really couldn't give a toss as I'm the worst offender for leaving a game before the siren, once I've established who's going to win, I'm out of there.

LM, I reckon at times you "hunt with the hounds & run with the hares"...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5513 times
Been liked: 5145 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:46 am

Spargo wrote:LM, I reckon at times you "hunt with the hounds & run with the hares"...

I just like to create discussion, I'm not a real parochial supporter but it does gripe me seeing other fickle supporters who go to town on the other cross town rival.
There's no right or wrong, I just found it interesting as it was something that seemed to gather so much momentum just a few weeks ago. I did tag the worst offenders on Facebook about it and have since copped a tirade but stiff shit.
My family was labelled as feral scum that some wished we all crashed as we decided to drive over to watch Port play Hawthorn in last years preliminary final despite my son going for the Crows, some people take it too far.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:54 am

There will always be a group that do that mate.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:56 am

Interesting changes at the selection table this week....

FB: Jack Hombsch, Alipate Carlile, Jarman Impey
HB: Jackson Trengove, Tom Jonas, Jasper Pittard
C: Sam Colquhoun, Matthew Broadbent, Brad Ebert
HF: Robbie Gray, Justin Westhoff, Chad Wingard
FF: Travis Boak, Jay Schulz, Angus Monfries
Foll: Matthew Lobbe, Hamish Hartlett, Ollie Wines
I/C: Kane Mitchell, Andrew Moore, Brendon Ah Chee, Nathan Krakouer

Emergencies: Cameron O’Shea, Tom Clurey, Sam Gray

In: Ah Chee, Krakouer, Mitchell, Moore, Trengove
Out: Stewart, White (hamstring), Clurey, S. Gray, Young (omitted)

Of the "Ins" Trengove was a certainty, probably Krakouer once he could be upgraded and Moore has been pushing for selection for a couple of weeks.

The love affair with Mitchell surprises me, I clearly don't see what Ken and the coaches do. Ah Chee will probably be the sub and Young is the unlucky one there.

Of the outs White was obvious with his hamstring and Stewy is unlucky after a minor hammy at training.

Young can't keep playing as the sub and S.Gray has a lot of work to do on his game especially his disposal. For mine though, Clurey is the most unlucky. I'd have kept his strong body in probably ahead of Mitchell as we have plenty of run and Clurey doesn't lack a motor. He can count himself unlucky IMO.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby Fricky » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:43 am

Booney wrote:Interesting changes at the selection table this week....

Of the "Ins" Trengove was a certainty, probably Krakouer once he could be upgraded and Moore has been pushing for selection for a couple of weeks.

The love affair with Mitchell surprises me, I clearly don't see what Ken and the coaches do. Ah Chee will probably be the sub and Young is the unlucky one there.

Of the outs White was obvious with his hamstring and Stewy is unlucky after a minor hammy at training.

Young can't keep playing as the sub and S.Gray has a lot of work to do on his game especially his disposal. For mine though, Clurey is the most unlucky. I'd have kept his strong body in probably ahead of Mitchell as we have plenty of run and Clurey doesn't lack a motor. He can count himself unlucky IMO.

Mitchell's been playing well in the SANFL and with the form of the AFL side i think his inclusion would be a good one.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Mitchell must have some good photos of Kenny
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:21 pm

Booney wrote:Interesting changes at the selection table this week....

Boon and other port posters, are you seeing a group of 'untouchables' forming a bit like choco had. It seems its the same blokes in and out when things dont right, yet some other appear to be underperforming and cruising? interesting to hear your thoughts
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Boon and other port posters, are you seeing a group of 'untouchables' forming a bit like choco had. It seems its the same blokes in and out when things dont right, yet some other appear to be underperforming and cruising? interesting to hear your thoughts

I think it's more of a lack of depth.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Also from an outsider, I reckon Kinkley has to release Monfries to play attacking, make a defender man up on him rather than the other way round.
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:57 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Also from an outsider, I reckon Kinkley has to release Monfries to play attacking, make a defender man up on him rather than the other way round.

This only gets activated when he is within the 50m arc
MW
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:00 pm

Any opposition would be happy to see Mitchell in Port's side.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:28 pm

Re. MItchell:

30 touches, 13 marks, 10 tackles, 7 clearances, 6 I50's, 5 R50's, a goal, plus a partridge and a pear tree last week against West- deserves a crack IMO, as you can't do much more than that.

The real worry for Port leading into this season was injuries to KPP's, but we have been shown up massively for lack of outside run.

Considering Polec, White, Amon are all out of the side, Mitchell's inclusion is necessary IMO, and his form does warrant it as he is collecting solid numbers at SANFL level, which is all you can do.

FS- i'm not quite sure that is accurate. We have seen Ken select players on positional needs and given 2-3 weeks to perform, which nobody seems to take their chance with both hands. Fringe players in Mitchell, Young, Neade, O'Shea, Stewart, Ah Chee, Clurey and Sammy Gray have all been brought in to play roles where they haven't taken their opportunities.

Moore is being given his first opportunity for 2015 (would have been weeks ago had he not been suspended), whilst Ah Chee and Mitchell are recycled again through very good SANFL form (Ah Chee in particular, Mitchell more a needs based selection).

Its fair to say that nobody outside of those 6-8 players are setting the world alight at SANFL level on a consistent basis, and the hopeful returns of Ryder, Amon and White over the month after the bye should see us return to a somewhat stable line up.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:36 pm

valleys07 wrote:Re. MItchell:

30 touches, 13 marks, 10 tackles, 7 clearances, 6 I50's, 5 R50's, a goal, plus a partridge and a pear tree last week against West- deserves a crack IMO, as you can't do much more than that.

The real worry for Port leading into this season was injuries to KPP's, but we have been shown up massively for lack of outside run.

Considering Polec, White, Amon are all out of the side, Mitchell's inclusion is necessary IMO, and his form does warrant it as he is collecting solid numbers at SANFL level, which is all you can do.

FS- i'm not quite sure that is accurate. We have seen Ken select players on positional needs and given 2-3 weeks to perform, which nobody seems to take their chance with both hands. Fringe players in Mitchell, Young, Neade, O'Shea, Stewart, Ah Chee, Clurey and Sammy Gray have all been brought in to play roles where they haven't taken their opportunities.

Moore is being given his first opportunity for 2015 (would have been weeks ago had he not been suspended), whilst Ah Chee and Mitchell are recycled again through very good SANFL form (Ah Chee in particular, Mitchell more a needs based selection).

Its fair to say that nobody outside of those 6-8 players are setting the world alight at SANFL level on a consistent basis, and the hopeful returns of Ryder, Amon and White over the month after the bye should see us return to a somewhat stable line up.

He's the AFL's Marcus North.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:43 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Boon and other port posters, are you seeing a group of 'untouchables' forming a bit like choco had. It seems its the same blokes in and out when things dont right, yet some other appear to be underperforming and cruising? interesting to hear your thoughts

Name and shame mate and I'll give you my thoughts.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Booney wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Boon and other port posters, are you seeing a group of 'untouchables' forming a bit like choco had. It seems its the same blokes in and out when things dont right, yet some other appear to be underperforming and cruising? interesting to hear your thoughts

Hartlett, Jonas, Westoff, Lobbe, Monfries, Boradbent (although he did get rested for a game)

Hamish IMO cruises, doesnt play to his potential, to busy bumping and punching blokes in the ribs..... let your footy do the talking Hamish!!!
Jonas, breakout last year, from what ive seen beaten regulalry this year.
Westoff...... Lost, one good game this year maybe? I know he fills that second ruck but when ryder is back id consider trying to get him some form
Lobbe, been beaten alot, isnt doing enough round the ground. Apart from monstering Sauce he is below his best.
Monfries, trying to play the negating FWD but still has to hit the scoreboard like he has the ability to. his blokes still gettting the ball
Broadbent, never seen a highly skilful player kick so poorly .

Not saying you drop them all, and undertsand injuries play a part etc etc but saying their performances warrant a spell to find some form..... They seem to get the benefit of the doubt at selection, while blokes like young moore stewert are one game in one game out
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:45 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Booney wrote:

Hartlett, Jonas, Westoff, Lobbe, Monfries, Boradbent (although he did get rested for a game)

Hamish IMO cruises, doesnt play to his potential, to busy bumping and punching blokes in the ribs..... let your footy do the talking Hamish!!!
Jonas, breakout last year, from what ive seen beaten regulalry this year.
Westoff...... Lost, one good game this year maybe? I know he fills that second ruck but when ryder is back id consider trying to get him some form
Lobbe, been beaten alot, isnt doing enough round the ground. Apart from monstering Sauce he is below his best.
Monfries, trying to play the negating FWD but still has to hit the scoreboard like he has the ability to. his blokes still gettting the ball
Broadbent, never seen a highly skilful player kick so poorly .

Not saying you drop them all, and undertsand injuries play a part etc etc but saying their performances warrant a spell to find some form..... They seem to get the benefit of the doubt at selection, while blokes like young moore stewert are one game in one game out

Fair assessment, Lobbe does lay plenty of tackles for a ruckman though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Ron Burgundy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Re. MItchell:

He's the AFL's Marcus North.

North was better than that.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL