Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:35 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:sa footy <> actual footy ;)

You galah.

Don't you mean Pelican? :D

Get off the road Dopey!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7937 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:02 am

:shock: OMG, at least we are only playing Adel Uni.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Q. » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:33 am

Yank Man wrote::shock: OMG, at least we are only playing Adel Uni.

Got a few outs?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby fisho mcspaz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Not sure about the outs - we're still somewhat undermanned, like last weekend - but it certainly looks like we might be trying something a bit different tomorrow. I reckon someone's been reading The Bounce this week. ;)
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby BZB27 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:43 pm

Angle Vale keep there finals hopes alive by knocking off St Pauls gonna be an interesting last 3 weeks of the season
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Q. » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Mitchell Park B-grade still a chance to sneak into the finals with their won over AU.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby morell » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:18 am

Win all three on the way home and we make it. Tough ask but can be done.

Always a pleasure to play the Uni boys. Sorry for the coat hanger I gave in the last quarter. Just an unco.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:03 am

Salisbury West goal umpire way out of his depth lol did not have a clue called goals when clear points and goals when clear points a few times the umpire had to ask the player if it was a goal or not

we were very honest when we could have said they were goals

salisbury west total basket case fighting amongst themselves and the amount of free kicks they gave away would have been a record
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:47 pm

Was crook yesterday so didn't get to see either game, but top win to our ressies. :supz: Especially as, from what I can see from the team list, a fair few Bs were moved up to play A grade. The A grade was undermanned again, more so than last week, but that's life - any rebuilding club goes through it. But the game wasn't blown out until the last quarter, which suggests we ran out of legs. If we're going to be serious finals contenders, people need to get out on the track twice a week. Simple as that. Fitness doesn't solve the issue of not having depth, but we've won games while undermanned before.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:33 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:Was crook yesterday so didn't get to see either game, but top win to our ressies. :supz: Especially as, from what I can see from the team list, a fair few Bs were moved up to play A grade. The A grade was undermanned again, more so than last week, but that's life - any rebuilding club goes through it. But the game wasn't blown out until the last quarter, which suggests we ran out of legs. If we're going to be serious finals contenders, people need to get out on the track twice a week. Simple as that. Fitness doesn't solve the issue of not having depth, but we've won games while undermanned before.

Yes fisho but not against the 2 power teams of Div 7 that we encountered in the last 2 games.

As I have said many times before Adelaide Uni just keep getting the job done and are the only threat to the raiders premiership hopes. They also had a heap out yesterday and we're still making phone calls at 2pm to fill the team. Scary to think that at the pointy end they could have 80 odd players to pick from in Div7 and Div7 reserves. They have 2 byes in the next 3 games and will still finish 2nd on the ladder. Beware the Blacks I say. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:43 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:Was crook yesterday so didn't get to see either game, but top win to our ressies. :supz: Especially as, from what I can see from the team list, a fair few Bs were moved up to play A grade. The A grade was undermanned again, more so than last week, but that's life - any rebuilding club goes through it. But the game wasn't blown out until the last quarter, which suggests we ran out of legs. If we're going to be serious finals contenders, people need to get out on the track twice a week. Simple as that. Fitness doesn't solve the issue of not having depth, but we've won games while undermanned before.
You missed a cracker of a reserves game fisho. Full of mercurial highlights.

But yes, correct weight, our lack of depth is being exposed - in the A Grade from the weekend J.Leck, M.Old, S.Kelsall, R.Labbozzetta, B.Steele and C.Weekley are all reserves players for 2015. A couple more I haven't mentioned are fringe players and two of the ones I mentioned didn't make our Reserves side that made the prelim of D6 a couple of years ago.

Our best is good enough, our worst is waaaaaay off.

Credit to Adelaide Uni though, their spread is the best in this division and the way they use each other with handball and run is very good. Will be dangerous to Houghton on a dry deck in September.
morell
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:52 pm

first look at st-pauls this week should be interesting
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby morell » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:02 pm

Hit them hard ;)
morell
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:32 pm

I have heard that MP's reserves have employed a bit of 'Ellinghams paddock' type forward structure.. Working a treat by the looks as well
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby morell » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:40 pm

No, no, you heard wrong, they said - "Gee, that Ellingham bloke has been in a good paddock"
morell
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:59 pm

morell wrote:No, no, you heard wrong, they said - "Gee, that Ellingham bloke has been in a good paddock"

I was wondering if the guy keeping Ashbys goal tallies had joined the Den after i saw a "5" next to your name in the paper. ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby morell » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Haha, :P, can't believe there were that many over the top to the goal square handballs myself. Got very lucky.

Mind you I did kick 6 earlier in the year against Angle Vale. Oh no wait, no I didn't.

#GiveMorgsHisGoalsBack
morell
Coach

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:23 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Yes fisho but not against the 2 power teams of Div 7 that we encountered in the last 2 games.

As I have said many times before Adelaide Uni just keep getting the job done and are the only threat to the raiders premiership hopes. They also had a heap out yesterday and we're still making phone calls at 2pm to fill the team. Scary to think that at the pointy end they could have 80 odd players to pick from in Div7 and Div7 reserves. They have 2 byes in the next 3 games and will still finish 2nd on the ladder. Beware the Blacks I say. ;)

Oh I reckon that game against Houghton might have ended differently if we hadn't been coming off the bye. I thought they had more depth - when we've got a few outs you can almost see the holes left behind - but the right sort of mindframe goes a long way, and I thought in that regard the two sides were pretty evenly matched. We didn't just beat St Pauls, Salisbury West and Angle Vale the second time round - we flogged the guts out of all three sides. But things didn't fall into place until we got the big win on the board against Flinders. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense here, but to sum up, it seems to me that the phrase 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog' applies to how Mitchell Park goes about its footy and what the scoreboard looks like at the end. And I reckon having the bye sort of halted the momentum in that regard. At the very least, numbers drop off at training when there's no game on the weekend. We might still have lost - Houghton are the better side, no question - but I still wonder. :)

As for Adelaide Uni, I missed the game on the weekend but I was at the last two we played against them, and TBH, they'd be my pick for the premiership.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:25 pm

morell wrote:
You missed a cracker of a reserves game fisho. Full of mercurial highlights.

But yes, correct weight, our lack of depth is being exposed - in the A Grade from the weekend J.Leck, M.Old, S.Kelsall, R.Labbozzetta, B.Steele and C.Weekley are all reserves players for 2015. A couple more I haven't mentioned are fringe players and two of the ones I mentioned didn't make our Reserves side that made the prelim of D6 a couple of years ago.

Our best is good enough, our worst is waaaaaay off.

Credit to Adelaide Uni though, their spread is the best in this division and the way they use each other with handball and run is very good. Will be dangerous to Houghton on a dry deck in September.

If there's one thing I like, it's mercurial highlights. I'll be there with bells on this weekend, nice and early. :D
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby adr107 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Wishing all the best to the great man D.Keetch who makes his return from a nasty leg injury earlier in the year tomorrow........wait for it........in the B grade! :lol:
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League