1%
Unley Mercedes Jets
6%
Walkerville
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Postby EB53 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:29 pm

stimpy wrote:Wouldn't worry about Gepps too much. They've got some good young kids coming through. In speaking to a few out there (those that know what's going on) they've lost players who weren't worth the money they were getting anyway. Will probably play above the level of where their list is at on paper I would think.
And yes, 15 is definitely a slight exaggeration.

Thurgood and Stengle (div 1 medal winner)not worth the money?????? , can not see any replacements on the clearance link except for two juniors. if I was a member, i would be asking questions. a lot of good people at Gepps, they deserve better.
EB53
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby EB53 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:30 pm

stimpy wrote:Wouldn't worry about Gepps too much. They've got some good young kids coming through. In speaking to a few out there (those that know what's going on) they've lost players who weren't worth the money they were getting anyway. Will probably play above the level of where their list is at on paper I would think.

Thurgood and Stengle (div 1 medal winner)not worth the money?????? , can not see any replacements on the clearance link except for two juniors. if I was a member, i would be asking questions. a lot of good people at Gepps, they deserve better.
EB53
Under 16s

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:37 pm

want me to say it now welcome to div 3 gonna bea long year lets hope that all at gepps cross are not in denial
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby EB53 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:00 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:

want me to say it now welcome to div 3 gonna bea long year lets hope that all at gepps cross are not in denial

Could it be just the start of the slide once a great club.
EB53
Under 16s

Postby bird of prey » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:20 pm

EB53 wrote:

They were 7th and 8th in the club b & f. One could be right in saying they were not worth big money if that's all they could do last year. Gepps probably did the right thing and stood firm if you ask me.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:32 pm

EB53 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

Kilburn situation?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby old moz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:48 pm

the few games I saw last season Thurgood was not much chop...... definitely not worth the money he was reportedly on
old moz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby EB53 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:13 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
EB53 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

Kilburn situation?

Would appear so. Two once great clubs not performing and their future looks bleak to say the least.
EB53
Under 16s

Postby EB53 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:13 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
EB53 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

Kilburn situation?

Would appear so. Two once great clubs not performing and their future looks bleak to say the least.our
EB53
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Gepps have juniors though, different scenario IMO
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby Jetters » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:07 pm

Gepps were close to 100k last year in player payments and its unsustainable.

Maybe they are just cutting back to what they can afford
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby turk186 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:21 pm

EB53 wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:
BOMBERS wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:A few Gepps Cross boys heading out to Balaklava in the Adelaide Plains for the season, plus the others that are going to Greenacres. Might be in for a long year with new coach, not sure how many recruit's they have yet.

Any ideas on the players names that are going to the APFL?

Osborne, Palmer and maybe others, Makins, Smith to Rmfl and Pete Smith and a couple of others to Greenacres. Was told today that 15 players are confirmed departures.

I think your number is somewhat excessive but there are 10-12 I'm told. The 3 player rule may come into play with Greenacres if what I'm hearing is true and one of them has a contract signed with Gepps for 2015.

My mail is that number is very low compared to the actual number...... but what would I know 8)
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:27 pm

Make that 4 "A" grade players so far to leave Gepps - Bellamy, Stengle, Taylor and Thurgood.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Cohiba » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:35 am

Demon Juke wrote:Make that 4 "A" grade players so far to leave Gepps - Bellamy, Stengle, Taylor and Thurgood.

Is Ben Rawlings on the move as well?.......
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:01 am

Cohiba wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:Make that 4 "A" grade players so far to leave Gepps - Bellamy, Stengle, Taylor and Thurgood.

Not sure if A Graders but aren't Rawlings, Weaver & Smith going to Greenacres?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Wasim1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:44 am

Doesn't this happen to many clubs when players up and leave for whatever reason, more money, coach, mates etc?? Players can use any reason/excuse they can find but loyalty is certainly not one of them.
I thought this was the reason for the 3 player limit was being brought in to stop player drain and killing clubs off! Probably too many clubs in SAAFL now to maintain healthy clubs and competition.
Look in the country, BSR in the riverland has folded, a couple of years ago Ramco bit the dust and Sedan Cambrai took a heap from Brahma Lodge I think it was . How many clubs in SAAFL are like Wingfield, Ovingham, Kilburn, North Pines and probably a few others??
Wasim1
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby bird of prey » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:22 am

Not unusual for 6 or so changes to an A grade side from year to year. Do any of you have any idea on who Gepps are picking up? Obviously not. There's a few on their way in. So I'd be putting my money on them making finals, let alone avoiding relegation.
Gotta love the rumours that circulate this time of year.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby Cohiba » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:31 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Not sure if A Graders but aren't Rawlings, Weaver & Smith going to Greenacres?[/quote

Rawlings was the coaches son, but notwithstanding was good enough for its A grade side of those playing at GX as were both the Smith's.... Peter and Rick.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Footy Follower » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Jetters wrote:Gepps were close to 100k last year in player payments and its unsustainable.

Wowsers that is a lot of dollars for Player payments. Especially when the club avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth!
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:37 pm

Footy Follower wrote:
Jetters wrote:Gepps were close to 100k last year in player payments and its unsustainable.

Wowsers that is a lot of dollars for Player payments. Especially when the club avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth!

If/when the league gets around to being able to implement a hard salary cap it's going to be interesting to see who it affects most.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 725 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League