ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:28 am

human_torpedo wrote:I cant see the forecast being dropped back below 40 after being increased Thursday arvo.. Looks like another heat out for the grades below B1.. No change to A1- B1 besides extra drinks breaks?

A1 to B1 will be reduced to 72 overs under the heat policy
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:38 pm

Has anybody seen the rostrevor match report sent to acta from last weekend about brahma lodge pitch?
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:42 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:Has anybody seen the rostrevor match report sent to acta from last weekend about brahma lodge pitch?

Probably the ATCA have glanced at it ;)

Why do you ask? Think it's unjustified?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:45 pm

VERY! he didnt mention they were 3/84 and then lose 5/0 in 8 balls (inc hatrick ) and the captain was the hatrick ball
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:VERY! he didnt mention they were 3/84 and then lose 5/0 in 8 balls (inc hatrick ) and the captain was the hatrick ball

How do you know he didn't mention that? Have you seen the report? If you have then come clean and tell us. If you haven't then stop guessing what is in the report and what is not in the report.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:41 pm

When Rostrevor make teams play on an oval(McNally Res) with no chairs, no shade, no change rooms, no running water, no toilet, they get everything they deserve.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby tedbullpit » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:VERY! he didnt mention they were 3/84 and then lose 5/0 in 8 balls (inc hatrick ) and the captain was the hatrick ball

How do you know he didn't mention that? Have you seen the report? If you have then come clean and tell us. If you haven't then stop guessing what is in the report and what is not in the report.

The ROCS captain posted a match review online. It is there for anyone to view
tedbullpit
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:18 pm

tedbullpit wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

The ROCS captain posted a match review online. It is there for anyone to view

:oops: Didn't realise the report was posted in mycricket. I assumed those types of reports/whinges would be kept reasonably confidential. Sonofbrowny25, since you have raised the issue and I can now say, yes, I have seen the Rostrevor match report, can you explain why the pitch was wet?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:59 pm

It wasn't. The pitch was green, same as the week before. If it was wet, why would you bowl spinners?
I think he is trying to find excuses for sending us in and back firing.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Groover » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:52 pm

What a hilariously ridiculous match report!
The pitch was slighty (at most) different on the 2nd week due to overcast conditions the 2 days prior to the start of day 2.
Also in reading his report, if the pitch was so good on day 1 (and the weather being 40) why would he elect to field first?
Just sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me, tarnishing a hard fought win on our side and also the reputation of the ROCS CC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby human_torpedo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:04 am

I'd be pretty upset if I got out as the Hat Trick ball to Furnell as well.. I'd be looking for any excuse under the sun! Few holes in the match report if he wins the toss and fields on a scorching day.. Doesnt make much sense really?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:48 pm

I like the bit where he bags the umpires for giving "only one weak warning" and then says they have "small resources". Is he using code for something else? ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:52 pm

Here's the report:

I will start off saying that if no one from our club is contacted regarding this match it will be extremely disappointing and this will be the last time I waste my time in doing a well thought out match review. We won the toss and elected to field the first week believing that the pitch was fairly good and that conditions would be identical in the second week. While the weather was almost identical, the pitch however was not. This has happened to us as a club last season and to my knowledge NOTHING was done about it.

This pitch was clearly water affected and with minimal to no rain in the past fortnight, I wonder how this has happened. How can a club responsible for creating similar conditions be able to get away with this? As a college side this is incredibly disappointing as week in week out the rostrevor college ground staff with no bias produce A grade wickets. Are their any penalties that apply to home clubs not capable of doing this? With points, finals and in both these clubs cases...relegation being a factor, a fine is simply not good enough!

This brings me to the umpires...I posed the question at the start of day two, how much water has been put on this and has this pitch been doctored to suit the home sides efforts? Answer-a significant amount of water was probably needed to keep this pitch from being lost. I say now that Brahma Lodge oval on 14/2/15 had the healthiest and greenest grass in South Australia and that is with Royal Adelaide golf course in mind. I was able to make a significant indentation in the pitch with my thumb, where as the week before it did not budge. Divots in the pitch were constantly produced throughout the day. The pitch surroundings had visible moisture throughout the dirt groundings. How do the umpires believe this was satisfactory and secondly were very similar pitch conditions to the previous week? Additionally the opposition was consistently allowed to get away with terrible conduct with only one weak warning. One player was derogatorily insulted, he instructed the umpire about this behaviour and nothing was done.

Please believe I understand the umpires have small resources and I am incredibly grateful for their efforts but a club cannot be allowed to hijack the competition like this and create conditions to suit their benefit with no repercussions. We are the loser and I do not solely blame the above reasons for this as we still could have and should have won this game but yet again we have a bitter taste in our mouth.

I urge something to be done to instruct umpires to pay closer attention to pitch conditions from one week to the next otherwise we should disband two day cricket as this will continue to occur. As I said previously, if nothing is done regarding this complaint then as a captain I will refuse to bother to give any decent feedback in the future as this cannot go unnoticed. All we ask for is consistent umpiring and consistent pitch conditions.

My contact number is 0433350823, email address is lukekels@hotmail.com and you have our club secretary's number I presume and overall...what I am left with is significant regret that I opted to bowl first.

Regards,

Luke Kelly (Rostrevor College Cricket Club Captain)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:26 am

Pitches are often damp in really hot weather because the curators pump water into the squares so that they survive. It's amazing how often you see teams skittled on 39+ degree days.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:43 am

"We won the toss and elected to field the first week believing that the pitch was fairly good "

Should void the report that line.. Questions the sanity of the captain surely
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:56 am

Has anyone rang him or set up a bogus email addy?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7937 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:08 am

In their defense we had 2 sunless days leading up to the Saturday mentioned so the wicket may have had a tad more moisture still evident on game day. Note I said a tad more....certainly not enough to make ball dents though?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 504 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Browny25 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:17 pm

The wicket played exactly the same both weeks in my opinon, it wasn't easy either weeks which is a nice change to the roads that are normally presented!

I dont remember their captain complaining when he got a ball to jump off a good length and get a wicket, nor when his off spinner was turning them a foot and taking 5 fa

Unfortunatly the brahma wicket was a disgrace earlier in the year so we have been pumping a stack of water in it after new turf was laid on the creases over the break. The creases are always soft (every week) which is something we need to improve. The ATCA would only need to ask any umpire that has done a game there this year and they would agree.
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:26 pm

Browny25 wrote:The wicket played exactly the same both weeks in my opinon, it wasn't easy either weeks which is a nice change to the roads that are normally presented!

I dont remember their captain complaining when he got a ball to jump off a good length and get a wicket, nor when his off spinner was turning them a foot and taking 5 fa

Unfortunatly the brahma wicket was a disgrace earlier in the year so we have been pumping a stack of water in it after new turf was laid on the creases over the break. The creases are always soft (every week) which is something we need to improve. The ATCA would only need to ask any umpire that has done a game there this year and they would agree.

So to make 44 on that pitch must have taken a very special effort....match winning!
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Executive Member » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:02 am

What are the odds old mate Luke won't be A Grade Captain at ROCS next year
40 degrees good wicket and send the opposition into bat

At least he wont need to bother filling in a report ;)
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps