Rnd 12 - Sturt v Port - POST GAME Discussion

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 12 - Sturt v Port - POST GAME Discussion

Postby RB » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:Beard, Kirkwood and Watt walked out of the Magpies due to them being turned into a reserves team. They walked out due to the decisions that the PAFC board made that went 100% against what was promised only 2-3 years previous.
If Wingard or Monfries are in The Pimps best are you going to validate that by suggesting they are Sturt players?
I doubt it. You're a flog.

Clubs that voted yes.

Yours.

E.A.D.
And you lot go on about copping it on these threads...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1077 times

Postby LPH » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:44 pm

kickinit wrote:Didn't you know that it is all PAFC fault.

Finally... Clarity at long last 8)
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby CUTTERMAN » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:39 pm

Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:Beard, Kirkwood and Watt walked out of the Magpies due to them being turned into a reserves team. They walked out due to the decisions that the PAFC board made that went 100% against what was promised only 2-3 years previous.
If Wingard or Monfries are in The Pimps best are you going to validate that by suggesting they are Sturt players?

Clubs that voted yes.

Yours.

E.A.D.

How f***ing hard is it for a Port supporter to keep to the point that they're quoting on? Seriously! SANFL agreed to Ports second One Club Proposal. Of which a major part of it was that Magpies wouldn't be a Power reserves. In the following couple of years Port started moving 'disgruntled players straight back to the Magpies, not to the lowest SANFL club on the table as was the rule. Shortly after that the PAFC pushed very strongly to turn the Magpies into a Power reserves team, disregarding the promise to the Magpies members and the SANFL only a few years before.
So don't put it on the SANFL clubs or the presidents that voted for allowing bastardised AFL reserves teams in, blame your f***ing board that turned turtle on its word once again. They pushed for it and they drove the agenda.
The arguments put forward on here by Port supporters are pathetic in the attempt or verging on a schizophrenic disorder.
F***! If the club I played for promised me that we'd stay as a stand alone SANFL team and three years later I find out they've lied I'd f***ing walk out too.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Big Phil » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Macca19 wrote:Beard was ordinary

Not sure what game you were watching? Certainly didn't have his best day but was by no means ordinary. Not dirty that he left Port, are you?

Some would say that Soberaj was best for the Magpies...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:02 am

CUTTERMAN wrote:
Booney wrote:

Clubs that voted yes.

Yours.

E.A.D.

How f***ing hard is it for a Port supporter to keep to the point that they're quoting on? Seriously! SANFL agreed to Ports second One Club Proposal. Of which a major part of it was that Magpies wouldn't be a Power reserves. In the following couple of years Port started moving 'disgruntled players straight back to the Magpies, not to the lowest SANFL club on the table as was the rule. Shortly after that the PAFC pushed very strongly to turn the Magpies into a Power reserves team, disregarding the promise to the Magpies members and the SANFL only a few years before.
So don't put it on the SANFL clubs or the presidents that voted for allowing bastardised AFL reserves teams in, blame your f***ing board that turned turtle on its word once again. They pushed for it and they drove the agenda.
The arguments put forward on here by Port supporters are pathetic in the attempt or verging on a schizophrenic disorder.
F***! If the club I played for promised me that we'd stay as a stand alone SANFL team and three years later I find out they've lied I'd f***ing walk out too.

Another history lesson, according to Cutterman. Thanks mate.

You weren't in front of the stand calling us "cheating wharfie scum" and then telling us "it's your first year in the league", were you? Can't see how you can have it both ways. Anywho, that's Sturt fans for you......

Anyway, Aaron Young very good in the middle, Robbie Young made the most of his opportunities kicking well in front of goal, Summerton again prolific in the midfield and Clurey held the back half together.

Must have been a few folks out early on the park, not one Beagledoogle-spaniel sausage on the ground!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7501 times
Been liked: 10794 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:03 am

Nup not me. But maybe the bloke has a point.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:28 am

Sturt certainly had their chances but Port's structure held them up well on the counter attack. I would be pretty confident Sturt can beat Port even with their current line up, which will only be weaker come finals time.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2328 times
Been liked: 3529 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:32 pm

Crowd 2,561
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby SANFLnut » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:34 pm

pipers wrote:Who were Sturt's best?

Kirkwood and Beard?

Again?

You are aware that there are more former Sturt juniors on Port's AFL list than former Port juniors on Sturt's list aren't you?
How many "one club" juniors are on your AFL list? Is this number greater than, less than or equal to the number of Sturt juniors?
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby maxi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:23 pm

SANFLnut wrote:

Kirkwood and Beard?

Again?

You are aware that there are more former Sturt juniors on Port's AFL list than former Port juniors on Sturt's list aren't you?
How many "one club" juniors are on your AFL list? Is this number greater than, less than or equal to the number of Sturt juniors?
3 Sturt Monfries Wingard Hombsch and 2 Port Sam Gray Ebert. Not a good argument though as theres a lot of Port lads they would have drafted if they could have. They have 5 Eagles lads on their list and I reckon the Crows have a few as well.
maxi
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby RB » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:35 pm

maxi wrote:Not a good argument though as theres a lot of Port lads they would have drafted if they could have.

What stopped them?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1077 times

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Have you seen the Magpies over the last decade or so? ;)
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:46 am

Booney wrote:

Clubs that voted yes.

Yours.

E.A.D.

Oh I see those blokes walked out on Port due to Sturt voting yes.
Strewth, the reserves entering our comp has resulted in a lot of screwed up posts on this board. Just throw all reason out the window as long as your yapping in favour of the Power or Crows.

As for the match, I thought Sturt had their chances. The ball spent a lot of time up our end for little result in that final quarter. Hopefully learn from the loss.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby CUTTERMAN » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:25 am

They're stuck on the Kockian default setting Theri of blaming everybody else. But they do the heavy lifting.....cough
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:32 pm

Kirkwood and Beard?

Again?

If the best sturt players had gone to Magpies, they would be in the best players every week too
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:37 am

ORDoubleBlues wrote:

Kirkwood and Beard?

Again?

If the best sturt players had gone to Magpies, they would be in the best players every week too

Obviously the umpires agreed!
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:52 am

ORDoubleBlues wrote:

Kirkwood and Beard?

Again?

And in the reserves and not playing in a GF today
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL