Rnd 10 - Glenelg v South - Post Game

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Rnd 10 - Glenelg v South - Post Game

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:55 pm

South 14.12 96
Glenelg 7.9 51

Dominant display by the mighty Panthers!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Rnd 10 - Glenelg v South - Post Game

Postby Coach Bombay » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Sacrificed my Sunday to go with the old man. Boring game, made it worse that I'm off the piss at the moment, found it hard to pass the time.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby stampy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:54 pm

rolfe hoping there isnt any footage of his hit on joseph 10 mtrs off the ball cos the prick will get a nice holiday if there is
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby saintal » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Really needed the 2 points, so it was pleasing to get over the line. Outclassed the Bays for most of the day, who had their moments but only in patches.

Liddle, Thewlis, Macleod, Rolfe, Cross and Veide named best by the club. Macleod in particular has been very good of late. Still think our key backs are a weakness.

Didn't see the Rolfe 'incident' so cant comment. Alleway's strike was stupid.

Poor crowd of approx 1850.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:14 pm

I see Mr Alleway may have changed clubs but his penchant for belting blokes hasnt diminished. :shock:
I didnt see the afore mentioned alleged Rolfe incident so I cant comment.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby dedja » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:15 pm

South too good, Bays only decided to compete in patches, especially in the 3rd. Good to see Ty showing leadership and some form.

Alleway was stupid, but Rolfe will get a very long holiday if he is caught out by video.

Must have been counting legs not heads to come up with a crowd of 1800 odd.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:31 pm

dedja wrote:South too good, Bays only decided to compete in patches, especially in the 3rd. Good to see Ty showing leadership and some form.

Alleway was stupid, but Rolfe will get a very long holiday if he is caught out by video.

Must have been counting legs not heads to come up with a crowd of 1800 odd.

The bar, cricket club and function rooms were all packed and the car park was full and a lot of cars parked in the school. I would have thought 1,800 would have been round the mark. Certainly a far cry from the 10k earlier this year.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby DOC » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Very few highlights for Glenelg. Stephens well out of his depth considering the playing list. Must go for Glenelg to go forward.

Lonergan 40k per year and 8 disposals, May not see the year out. Spiritless display. Did not try. South wasted Jake Veide with a tag . Mitch Thorp. Loose behind the ball trying to coach. Yeh, this is the ammos in Tasmania. Playing spare but missing the target worse than 50% not only hurts big time, but undermines the coaching effort. With Stephens, the worst coaching display in recent memory considering the playing list,

Alleway. Possibly two games with that punch. When you have left, step away. Now remembered for being a bloke who played too long. Pity. Glenelg fans deserve better than recruiting blokes like this.

Agnew and Bailey played well, a determined effort who were up against it all day, Also thought Ty Allen got a lot of it in tight in perhaps his best game for some time. Joseph appeared to do a knee and went down badly. Tripped by his own player. Comments about Rolfe, well,did he touch him?

For us, Brooksby slaughtered them and about our best. Macleod hard all day and upset their midfield. Good effort. Liddle and Cross next best. Durdin or Crabb out next week for Giddings. Hourigan probably out as well. Not good enough yet. Rankine in.olfe and

Rolfe and Dale both went into the game with broken ribs but escaped unhurt,

Reserves Kicked the first eleven but only won by seven, Nathan Daniel appeared injured,
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby dedja » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Sorry DOC, Rolfe definitely dropped AJ off the ball, no-one else within 20m. Maybe guilt got the better of him when he went up to AJ after the game.

If on video he will get plenty.

Allers was just stupid, but was kind of funny when he goaded the South players to have a go at him.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Sorry Dedja. He went off on a stretcher and did not return. Perhaps ask Matthew Snook.
DOC
Coach

Postby dedja » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:18 pm

No need to, I trust my eyes ...
dedja
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:19 pm

DOC wrote:Very few highlights for Glenelg. Stephens well out of his depth considering the playing list. Must go for Glenelg to go forward.

Lonergan 40k per year and 8 disposals, May not see the year out. Spiritless display. Did not try. South wasted Jake Veide with a tag . Mitch Thorp. Loose behind the ball trying to coach. Yeh, this is the ammos in Tasmania. Playing spare but missing the target worse than 50% not only hurts big time, but undermines the coaching effort. With Stephens, the worst coaching display in recent memory considering the playing list,

Alleway. Possibly two games with that punch. When you have left, step away. Now remembered for being a bloke who played too long. Pity. Glenelg fans deserve better than recruiting blokes like this.

Agnew and Bailey played well, a determined effort who were up against it all day, Also thought Ty Allen got a lot of it in tight in perhaps his best game for some time. Joseph appeared to do a knee and went down badly. Tripped by his own player. Comments about Rolfe, well,did he touch him?

For us, Brooksby slaughtered them and about our best. Macleod hard all day and upset their midfield. Good effort. Liddle and Cross next best. Durdin or Crabb out next week for Giddings. Hourigan probably out as well. Not good enough yet. Rankine in.olfe and

Rolfe and Dale both went into the game with broken ribs but escaped unhurt,

Reserves Kicked the first eleven but only won by seven, Nathan Daniel appeared injured,

Fairly scathing attack on the Bays there.

Perhaps you could have applied a similar analysis on your own club and they may have won a premiership in the last 50 years. Bit rich for you to be saying a first year coach needs to go. Give the guy a bloody chance.

Two blokes are alleged to have hit blokes and you say South guy missed him, Glenelgs guy has to go. Didn't Clint hit Rolfe but he escaped unhurt. Please. South too good today, no doubt but as for your want and need to dissect the opposition club and call for people's heads I'd suggest you worry about your own club. I will leave at that and won't even touch the obvious one others from the Bays might be tempted to bring up laterRON!!!
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby dedja » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:25 pm

South are nowhere near safe to keep their finals spot, I suspect both North and Norwood will make it so someone has to go.

Winners are grinners so go your hardest DOC, enjoy the win.
dedja
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:35 pm

Scathing maybe.

No alleged hit by Alleway. It was. Alleged hit by Rolfe, Not by me. Did not say Rolfe missed him.

Not rich at all for me to say a club needs to lose its coach to go forward. I am probably the most qualified.

Bit rich for a Port Diehard to be watching a Glenelg/South game when the one club is at Alberton.
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:36 pm

dedja wrote:South are nowhere near safe to keep their finals spot, I suspect both North and Norwood will make it so someone has to go.

Winners are grinners so go your hardest DOC, enjoy the win.

Yep. Only a game in it and half a season to go.
DOC
Coach

Postby maxyoz » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:45 pm

DOC wrote: Joseph appeared to do a knee and went down badly. Tripped by his own player. Comments about Rolfe, well,did he touch him?

Those knee related concussions are the worst.

Obviously, DOC, you are Dr Peter Larkins, he generally has no idea either.
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:49 pm

DOC wrote:Scathing maybe.

No alleged hit by Alleway. It was. Alleged hit by Rolfe, Not by me. Did not say Rolfe missed him.

Not rich at all for me to say a club needs to lose its coach to go forward. I am probably the most qualified.

Bit rich for a Port Diehard to be watching a Glenelg/South game when the one club is at Alberton.

Your the most qualified???? Maybe I'm not reading that right. Are you saying this because of your clubs lack of success or because you are an AFL coach.

Again pardon my ignorance but are you also saying someone that supports Port Power is not permitted to be watching another SANFL team. That's got to be the dumbest thing I have read. One of my best mates also plays for North, i assume I better steer clear of Prospect oval as well. I went and watched my mate play for Melbourne as well and go to the Crows games with my missus. You may need to post a set of rules for us the uninformed to learn from. God forbid I would go and watch who I want when I want :roll:
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby stampy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:50 pm

cant stand that larkins plick, know it all ah
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Tiger Couple » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:46 am

Doc you are correct Joseph got carried off, however after the game he came out onto the ground and Rolfe made his way over to Joseph.

It was a dirty hit by the South player and it was stupid for Alleway to square up.

Stevens will do okay. He has had 9 games as Coach, over half the team are new to League Footy and if we can follow South plan and keep this core group together for a few seasons we will be okay. We are getting games into kids and have recruited a bit of experience.
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby DOC » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:02 am

Thanks. Did not notice that and I stand corrected. Sorry DEDJA.
DOC
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL