No reserves teams in either league.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: Norwood calls for fourth interchange player

Postby cracka » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Rules pertaining to juniors are different in most sports, but a direct comparison would be test vs shield cricket. Not too many major changes except game length. Back to footy, the NEAFL is administered directly by the afl. Does anyone know if their rules are different?

Not sure but the last thing I want is for the SANFL not to be umpired the same way as the AFL.I like that deliberate out of bounds is rarely paid and a defender can kick it 40m up the line knowing he wont be pinged, I much prefer our holding the ball rule and like the 25m penalty. Lets not change for the sake of it

Spot on Jim.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:47 pm

bennymacca wrote:
RB wrote:I really don't see why the SANFL should follow the AFL merely for the sake of uniformity. The league shouldn't be a sheep. As Jim says, the SANFL has a few differences, which IMO make things more interesting and in many people's opinion make the league a better spectacle. How about let's all be individuals for a change.

My point is, can you think of any other sport that differs on its rules more between semi pro and pro leagues?

I can't think of any sport where rules are the same!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:02 am

They have a rule in the TAC CUP (from memory) that you need to have two forwards inside your F50 at all times, I'm guessing that it's the same for defenders. Point is that this is a comp directly run by the AFL and they're introducing different rules so again tell me why we need to do everything the AFL does? Rucci is doing the softening up on behalf of someone, since when does he report on minor SANFL issues?
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Grahaml » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:06 am

CUTTERMAN wrote: Rucci is doing the softening up on behalf of someone, since when does he report on minor SANFL issues?

He only does it to either a) Embarass someone (you said.....) b) Big note himself (I've been saying this since....) or c) Try to gather support for something he's been pushing for a while.

One of the clearest examples of how modern journalists don't report the news they try to manipulate it, old Rucci. Then they always try to downplay what they do.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:52 am

bennymacca wrote:Yeah nice one, didn't think of basketball.

I never think of Basketball, and tend to confuse it with Netball. ;)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby am Bays » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:33 am

bennymacca wrote:thats a bygone era mate. The game has passed that by with increase in fitness.

I would love to know how many kms the best midfielders in the 60s ran per game, but I would bet it would be less than even the full back of today.

Don't know about 60s but google: Jaques and Pavia Australian Journal of Sports Medicine (1974)

Landmark study on movement patterns in Australian Football conducted on games played by Norwood players in the 1973 season at The Parade.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:36 pm

got a link handy?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling