The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 01, 2014 5:37 pm

So kids getting to see a game up close in their own town, thereby increasing their interest in both the sanfl and afl is not going to help country footy?

Maybe I didn't state my point clearly enough in the other thread but I think this is a boon for footy in the region. Much more than playing the game at alberton at least
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 01, 2014 5:38 pm

heater31 wrote:
cracka wrote:Isnt it being played there as a benefit game for the family & friends of a young boy who died in a playground accident.

Think that was the original intent but it seems to be lost on all media promotion that I've seen so far.....

Also been disappointed that I haven't heard more recent publicity about this. I hope it hasn't been shelved and it is just the media overlooking it (which is less bad)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Ron Burgundy » Thu May 01, 2014 5:42 pm

If you look at the feature story in the Northern Argus it shows a little about the benefit for Country Footy. And the involvement of the Redden family.

"Every club in the NEFL has been involved in some way, shape or form and they will all be on hand to help out during the day.

Parking will be monitored by the BBH Football Club, the canteen is being run by South and North Clare- as well as upstairs at the Clare Sports Club, the bars are being run by both RSMU and Min/Man and the barbecue will be cooked by the Southern Saints and BSR."

"Ruth Warnock said money from the gate is going to the SANFL and all other proceeds from the event are going to the NEFL.

“All proceeds from the day are strictly going back into Junior Development of the NEFL,” Ruth said. "

Link to the story here...http://www.northernargus.com.au/story/2249388/a-showdown-like-no-other/?cs=1239
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby heater31 » Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 pm

There you go, locally it hasn't been forgotten just the majors have hidden it :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Thu May 01, 2014 5:44 pm

heater31 wrote:There you go, locally it hasn't been forgotten just the majors have hidden it :roll:

No surprise there!
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Also seems like it will be a huge benefit to the league as a whole, which is great
bennymacca
Coach

Postby RB » Thu May 01, 2014 6:08 pm

bennymacca wrote:Also seems like it will be a huge benefit to the league as a whole, which is great
Not completely disagreeing with you, but why do you think it will be a huge benefit to the league?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Fundraising and the excitement generated helps engage the juniors etc.

I can remember as a junior in the Barossa centrals coming out and taking us for training at it was awesome. Being involved in them playing on my oval would have been extra special
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Go Sharks » Thu May 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Its great for footy. People who cant see that are just looking for a bite.
Go Sharks
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Well I can't avoid the SANFL any longer, have to go to Richmond next weekend to see West/Crows of all clubs! FFS..
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby topsywaldron » Fri May 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:Well I can't avoid the SANFL any longer, have to go to Richmond next weekend to see West/Crows of all clubs! FFS..

Double whammy of rubbish football clubs, tough lines.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby tipper » Sat May 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Well here I am at lameroo. Top of the table clash (who would ever have thought I could say that abkut peake??) $5 to get in, including car park, $7 for a rum can, $3 for a glass of port!! And two teams fighting hard for a win under the same rules...plus the president of peake isnt a ****.

ill watch a great game, spend less cash and get more hammered than if I was at prospect. Bohdan, once the people you have driven away fill their weekends with other things, and the novelty of reserves sides wares off, all you have tok look forward to will be an empty stand and a few geriatric haply clappers to blow smoke up your arse.

Enjoy
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby whufc » Sat May 03, 2014 5:09 pm

tipper wrote:Well here I am at lameroo. Top of the table clash (who would ever have thought I could say that abkut peake??) $5 to get in, including car park, $7 for a rum can, $3 for a glass of port!! And two teams fighting hard for a win under the same rules...plus the president of peake isnt a ****.

ill watch a great game, spend less cash and get more hammered than if I was at prospect. Bohdan, once the people you have driven away fill their weekends with other things, and the novelty of reserves sides wares off, all you have tok look forward to will be an empty stand and a few geriatric haply clappers to blow smoke up your arse.

Enjoy

Great post!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby tipper » Sat May 03, 2014 5:11 pm

whufc wrote:
tipper wrote:Well here I am at lameroo. Top of the table clash (who would ever have thought I could say that abkut peake??) $5 to get in, including car park, $7 for a rum can, $3 for a glass of port!! And two teams fighting hard for a win under the same rules...plus the president of peake isnt a ****.

Enjoy

Great post!!!

I was worried it was just the port talking. Also, do I need to post an anagram of my censored word or do you think people will realise I meant cee you next tuesday?

Also, bloody hell my soelling has gotten worse. I blame the new phone.

And in case anyone is interested, peake are 11 points down at three quarter time. That is if tge kids on the scoreboard have been paying more attention than me, which is debate able. ...

tipper
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Sat May 03, 2014 5:15 pm

tipper wrote:
whufc wrote:

Enjoy

Great post!!!

I was worried it was just the port talking. Also, do I need to post an anagram of my censored word or do you think people will realise I meant cee you next tuesday?

And in case anyone is interested, peake are 11 points down at three quarter time. That is if tge kids on the scoreboard have been paying more attention than me, which is debate able. ...

Its so true, the fans there for the novelty factor wont be there forever and the fans who have had enough will have found better ways to spend their weekend.
Last edited by whufc on Sat May 03, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby tipper » Sat May 03, 2014 5:21 pm

whufc wrote:
tipper wrote:
whufc wrote:

Enjoy

Great post!!!

Its so true, the fans their for the novelty factor wont be there forever and the fans who have had enough will have found better ways to spend their weekend.

Yep, but when I tried to raise this point at the members info night, he literally laughed in my face. It actually disgusts me that it has contributed to me stopping my families involvement at north, my kids were the fourth generation (possibly fifth but im too drunk to remember)

tipper
League - Top 5

Postby LPH » Sun May 04, 2014 12:03 am

Sanderson's Reserves Team idea is working a treat :lol:
Karma's a bitch :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Reddeer » Sun May 04, 2014 12:53 pm

LPH wrote:Sanderson's Reserves Team idea is working a treat :lol:
Karma's a bitch :lol: :lol: :lol:

He He Serves them right. I'm well and truly over the Crows and you don't get rid of a favourite son!!!!!
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Mic » Sun May 04, 2014 1:16 pm

A couple quick questions:
-What was the result of the vote for the Power reserves side in the SANFL? DId any club vote "no"?
-Are Power paying each of the SANFL clubs $40,000/$50,000 this year to have their reserves side in the comp, like the Crows are?
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby kickinit » Sun May 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Mic wrote:A couple quick questions:
-What was the result of the vote for the Power reserves side in the SANFL? DId any club vote "no"?
-Are Power paying each of the SANFL clubs $40,000/$50,000 this year to have their reserves side in the comp, like the Crows are?

Pretty sure the vote was 7-1.
Port will forego $400K of their Club distribution. Also the only members that get into games free are magpies members. If you have a power membership you get 0 SANFL games.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL