The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby cracka » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:59 am

robranisgod wrote:
cracka wrote:
RB wrote:Pretty simple, TB. Numerous people on this forum who were at the game have said that there were less than 500 Crow supporters at the game. You can choose to believe them, or to believe Triggy.

Yeah coz the numerous people on this forum are not bias in any way & wouldn't lie.

So you are suggesting that the Christian station LIFE-FM would lie? They repeatedly stated that there seemed to be less than a couple of hundred people supporting Adelaide at the game.

The best that could be said is that some North supporters who also support the Crows at AFL level used their Crows AFL ticket to get into the game.

No, I never once mentioned Life FM.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:02 am

Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:
RB wrote:Pretty simple, TB. Numerous people on this forum who were at the game have said that there were less than 500 Crow supporters at the game. You can choose to believe them, or to believe Triggy.

Yeah coz the numerous people on this forum are not bias in any way & wouldn't lie.

Trust the people that were there! If they did have more than 500 there it would have been even more embarrassing the lack of noise they put out. Mind you we did put them in their place pretty early on both on and off the field. Made them welcome as a bad bout of herpes! ;)

I trust the forum users to be as honest & unbiased as Trigg.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:09 am

cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:

Trust the people that were there! If they did have more than 500 there it would have been even more embarrassing the lack of noise they put out. Mind you we did put them in their place pretty early on both on and off the field. Made them welcome as a bad bout of herpes! ;)

As robranisgod said the media said the same as the forum users.
You don't trust anyone? Why would you bother even talking to anyone or reading anything then?
I'd hate to go through life that. Good luck to you!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby cracka » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:58 am

Wedgie wrote:As robranisgod said the media said the same as the forum users.
You don't trust anyone? Why would you bother even talking to anyone or reading anything then?
I'd hate to go through life that. Good luck to you!

Wrong, there are plenty I trust, probably the same as you. I also would hate to go through life not trusting anyone.
Do you trust everyone & believe everything you read, I doubt it.
If there is one thing I've learned from this forum is that the truth often gets lost.
Last edited by cracka on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cracka
Veteran

Postby JK » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:

There's a good bout of Herps? :shock:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Had a mate who was the goal umpire in the interal game before the league, he does alot of underage SANFL games so never gets to see league games. His also a mad crows fan and couldn't belive the amount of angst and hatred there were for his beloved pride if south australia, he was genuinely shocked

He also couldn't believe the nice reception Lewis Johnstone got from the north fans, he openly admitted he was use to crows games where any gun of the game gets booed nevermind ex players
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:37 pm

cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:

About as trustworthy as a turncoat, was only a month ago you were a Suns supporter
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:42 pm

whufc wrote:Had a mate who was the goal umpire in the interal game before the league, he does alot of underage SANFL games so never gets to see league games. His also a mad crows fan and couldn't belive the amount of angst and hatred there were for his beloved pride if south australia, he was genuinely shocked

He also couldn't believe the nice reception Lewis Johnstone got from the north fans, he openly admitted he was use to crows games where any gun of the game gets booed nevermind ex players

We could never boo Lewie but we did cheer when he missed at goal. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:Yeah coz the numerous people on this forum are not bias in any way & wouldn't lie.

About as trustworthy as a turncoat, was only a month ago you were a Suns supporter

Actually I support both but am only allowed one choice on my control panel so have to change it every now & then but thanks for noticing. I changed it after the crows fantastic pre season as I thought they were premiership certanties. :D F***ed that up eh.
cracka
Veteran

Postby rocketeer » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Wedgie wrote:We could never boo Lewie but we did cheer when he missed at goal. ;)

Yeah we have to be sort of nice to him to make sure he comes back to North next year.
rocketeer
Rookie

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby twosheds » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:36 am

Hazydog wrote:Just for the record- I'm against the Reserves sides. But the following was David Burtenshaws quote "The estimated crowd figure was not part of our SANFL proposal and is not part of the financial model. But we believe a Crows team will attract crowds from 2000 to 6000."- So given that 4k plus were in attendance, he wasn't wrong was he?

Hardly the font of credibility :D
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:12 pm

twosheds wrote:
Hazydog wrote:Just for the record- I'm against the Reserves sides. But the following was David Burtenshaws quote "The estimated crowd figure was not part of our SANFL proposal and is not part of the financial model. But we believe a Crows team will attract crowds from 2000 to 6000."- So given that 4k plus were in attendance, he wasn't wrong was he?

Hardly the font of credibility :D

Lol I predict there will be between 750-4500 today for the Centrals Norwood game!!
whufc
Coach

Postby dedja » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:13 pm

Don't double count the 13 in Grand Central
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:44 pm

dedja wrote:Don't double count the 13 in Grand Central

We are up to 17 now
whufc
Coach

Postby twosheds » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:59 pm

Did the 4,000 plus fit into Unley ?
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby lesthemechanic » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:04 pm

twosheds wrote:Did the 4,000 plus fit into Unley ?

I wait with baited breath to find out the crowd today. I didn't go, it isn't a real game.
lesthemechanic
Under 18s

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:42 pm

I got to admit I'm extremely worried for the SANFL.

I still stand by my stance of I don't want to attend away games but seeing crowds of less than 2.5k in round two in perfect weather im scared for the SANFL. I cant see how our clubs can survive with the kind of attendance.

Is it because of the reserves decision that these numbers are down.

I want to make my stance and point very clear to the SANFL and yes voting clubs but I do also want Centrals to have opponents to play in 5 years time. The way we are heading im struggling to see how some clubs will survive.
whufc
Coach

Postby dedja » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:50 pm

I'm not seeing any difference to memberships at Glenelg this year and the attendance last week was around par.

Haven't checked other clubs but if memberships are steady then I'm not sure the AFL Reserves have anything to do with crowd numbers. The odd person here or there will have FA bearing on the numbers.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:56 pm

dedja wrote:I'm not seeing any difference to memberships at Glenelg this year and the attendance last week was around par.

Haven't checked other clubs but if memberships are steady then I'm not sure the AFL Reserves have anything to do with crowd numbers. The odd person here or there will have FA bearing on the numbers.

Yeah would be real interesting to see what exact membership figures are like compared to last season, talk is Centrals are down a fair bit.

The worry is with the crowds dropping for whatever reason even if their not members that a lot of coin at the gate, inside the ground facilities and the clubrooms themselves that are down.

I would hate to think how much a club loses by having a crowd of say 2k compared to 3k.
whufc
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Memberships are down by an average of 500 per club on last year.
Nice work Triggy.
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL