The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Ted E Bear » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:33 pm

RB wrote:
Booney wrote:Bah grizzle grumble. Project players, AFL hacks. Grizzle grumble some more.
It's easy to label people as whingers. Doesn't make what we're saying any less legitimate. But hey, you're having fun with this issue, and that's all that matters, so give yourself a pat on the back, champion. :-)

:lol:
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:35 pm

RB wrote:
Booney wrote:Bah grizzle grumble. Project players, AFL hacks. Grizzle grumble some more.

It's easy to label people as whingers.

Doesn't make what we're saying any less legitimate.

But hey, you're having fun with this issue, and that's all that matters, so give yourself a pat on the back, champion. :-)

Yes, it is, when the cap fits.

As you please.

Fun? Not really, my whinge is no less legitimate than your whinge. Oh, and I noticed after we both whinged that nothing had changed! I hope you're up for a big long whinge, that's what it will take. Are you up for the challenge, champion. Are you? :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby RB » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Booney wrote:I hope you're up for a big long whinge, that's what it will take.
There's a difference between criticism and whingeing. And unlike some posters who were initially opposed to the reserves crap, and then backflipped (i.e. you), my criticism will endure. So yes sirree Booney, you can count on me for a good long train of criticism, particularly after yesterday what with the crows treating the game like crap and the 4k Crow fans not rocking up as promised by Trigg.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:55 pm

RB wrote:

There's a difference between criticism and whingeing. And unlike some posters who were initially opposed to the reserves crap, and then backflipped (i.e. you), my criticism will endure.

So yes sirree Booney, you can count on me for a good long train of criticism, particularly after yesterday what with the crows treating the game like crap and the 4k Crow fans not rocking up as promised by Trigg.

Well, there's your problem right there, you believed what Trigg said. ;)

I've not back flipped on the idea, I've just come to the realization it is what it is and a carefully placed banner or 20,000 posts on here probably won't change the fact and, simply, life's too short mate. Life's too short.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Ted E Bear » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:00 pm

RB wrote:
There's a difference between criticism and whingeing. And unlike some posters who were initially opposed to the reserves crap, and then backflipped (i.e. you), my criticism will endure. So yes sirree Booney, you can count on me for a good long train of criticism, particularly after yesterday what with the crows treating the game like crap and the 4k Crow fans not rocking up as promised by Trigg.

=D>
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Booney wrote:I've not back flipped on the idea, I've just come to the realization it is what it is and a carefully placed banner or 20,000 posts on here probably won't change the fact and, simply, life's too short mate. Life's too short.

So it wasn't you next to me at the barricades in Paris in 1968 or in Cairo in 2013?

Not that I'd like to equate totalitarian rule with what Leigh Whicker's rammed through in the SANFL of course.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Hazydog » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Just for the record- I'm against the Reserves sides. But the following was David Burtenshaws quote "The estimated crowd figure was not part of our SANFL proposal and is not part of the financial model. But we believe a Crows team will attract crowds from 2000 to 6000."- So given that 4k plus were in attendance, he wasn't wrong was he?
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby zipzap » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Hazydog wrote:But we believe a Crows team will attract crowds from 2000 to 6000."- So given that 4k plus were in attendance, he wasn't wrong was he?

Quite a stretch I would have thought. Of the 4k in attendance only a tiny percentage would have been actually attracted by the Camry Clones
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby philcas » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm

As much as I was not in favour of the two afl teams having reserves sides in the sanfl. Those sanfl supporters who continually bagg the clubs are generally other afl club supporters. Now please bear in mind most afl clubs have reserves in the state league competition.Are you happy that they have invaded the old vfa as well or is that differant.
philcas
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby Gozu » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:10 pm

I have a whinge for The Advertiser, why has Monday's SANFL weekend wrap section been moved from the 'Game Over' liftout in the middle of the paper (which is now exclusively AFL) to the general sports section at the back of the paper?
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 659 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Gozu wrote:I have a whinge for The Advertiser, why has Monday's SANFL weekend wrap section been moved from the 'Game Over' liftout in the middle of the paper (which is now exclusively AFL) to the general sports section at the back of the paper?

Shit isn't it, seems as though the SANFL news has to make way for the five Crows articles in today's Game Over even after having four written about them in yesterday's Sunday Mail.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Tassie Blues » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:48 pm

Gozu wrote:I have a whinge for The Advertiser, why has Monday's SANFL weekend wrap section been moved from the 'Game Over' liftout in the middle of the paper (which is now exclusively AFL) to the general sports section at the back of the paper?

well that's a first world problem isn't it.

I am sure it was the crows that asked for it to be moved out of the Game Over section to keep the "lift out" for AFL only.

Surely im not the only person that pick up the paper flips it over and start reading it from the back so that would then make SANFL the first thing you read.
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Pseudo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:58 pm

Tassie Blues wrote:Surely im not the only person that pick up the paper flips it over and start reading it from the back so that would then make SANFL the first thing you read.

Every red-blooded male goes for the Harris Scarfe catalogue first, lingering over the lingerie section before reaching for the sport...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby passionatelegsfan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:18 pm

I have been dead against the afl reserves but now i am starting to see the logic in it. If round 1 is any indication we will get to see the crows and power humiliated on a weekly basis by seeing them getting smashed by teams they thought they would beat easily. Also it is unlikely they will make the finals so we will have a credible finals series free of the crows and port. And the whole time the crows and power are paying the sanfl clubs for the privalige.

Pure genius by the sanfl directors!
passionatelegsfan

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby RB » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:24 pm

philcas wrote:As much as I was not in favour of the two afl teams having reserves sides in the sanfl. Those sanfl supporters who continually bagg the clubs are generally other afl club supporters. Now please bear in mind most afl clubs have reserves in the state league competition.Are you happy that they have invaded the old vfa as well or is that differant.
No. What would give you the impression we thought it was different?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:31 pm

philcas wrote:As much as I was not in favour of the two afl teams having reserves sides in the sanfl. Those sanfl supporters who continually bagg the clubs are generally other afl club supporters. Now please bear in mind most afl clubs have reserves in the state league competition.Are you happy that they have invaded the old vfa as well or is that differant.

Yeah I gave that argument on another thread a while ago & called them hypocrites. And its ALL AFL clubs have reserves teams in their state comps.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:07 pm

cracka wrote:

Yeah I gave that argument on another thread a while ago & called them hypocrites. And its ALL AFL clubs have reserves teams in their state comps.

No I wasnt happy when it happened, was much better when I used to be able to go and watch the U19's, Ressies and League on the same day. Ive seen how it has destroyed the VFA/VFL and thats why I dont want it to happen here. There is still talk that the stand alone clubs in the VFL are looking at leaving and starting up a new comp which would leave the VFL as a pure AFL reserves comp
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:31 am

Behave you. At least this is the right thread to do it in
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:48 am

Jim05 wrote:
cracka wrote:

No I wasnt happy when it happened, was much better when I used to be able to go and watch the U19's, Ressies and League on the same day. Ive seen how it has destroyed the VFA/VFL and thats why I dont want it to happen here. There is still talk that the stand alone clubs in the VFL are looking at leaving and starting up a new comp which would leave the VFL as a pure AFL reserves comp

I wouldn't have welcomed it into the VFL.
I don't support Collingwood at that level, I support Williamstown and have done since I was a kid.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Hazydog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:54 pm

zipzap wrote:
Hazydog wrote:But we believe a Crows team will attract crowds from 2000 to 6000."- So given that 4k plus were in attendance, he wasn't wrong was he?

Quite a stretch I would have thought. Of the 4k in attendance only a tiny percentage would have been actually attracted by the Camry Clones

That's the point though - I dont think they said theywould bring 4K of their supporters, just that games involving them would attarct crowds between 2-6K.

(Which obviously was a backflip from initially stating they would get average crowds of 4K)
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL