Rnd 1 - Eagles v Central @ Maughan Thiem (Sat 5/4)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 1 - Eagles v Central @ Maughan Thiem (Sat 5/4)

by FRED » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I'm angry just watching that. I can't imagine how disgusted I'd have been had I been at the ground.
Considering, it's amazing there weren't more dramatic scenes from players/supporters following that clash.

Weak.

I was there standing right behind Brads mum and partner, I believe. His mum didnt move just put her head in her hands and cried.
Maybe that sort of vision should be shown at the tribunal. I did react and stormed onto the oval at quarter time and gave the entire Eagles club a verbal lashing. Then the yellow tops moved in and threatened to remove me from the ground. There was also a couple of other supporters doing the same. i could go on and mention the threats that I received from a large Eagles official who questioned my upbringing and parenthood, who seemed to be enjoying the whole situation along with a few other officials, I must say not all though.
I have not bought a season ticket this year, first time for a long time because I doubted my enthusiasm and commitment due to the AFL intrusion into our great comp. Who was I kidding after witnessing one of the most ugly incidents I have seen on any football oval anywhere I believe my allegiance is stronger. you can take the boy out of Lizbeth but YOU WILL NEVER take Lizbeth out of the boy. DOGS FOR LIFE.
FRED
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 10 times

by Bounce of the ball » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:04 pm

It's a pity a report highlighted your passion though. They are an interesting supporter base that lot.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

by Big Phil » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:36 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:It's a pity a report highlighted your passion though. They are an interesting supporter base that lot.

All clubs have them, Bounce of the ball, including your Double Blues...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

by Bounce of the ball » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Yes some more than others . My Double Blues hey ............lol. No idea on many fronts .
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

by Big Phil » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:44 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Yes some more than others . My Double Blues hey ............lol. No idea on many fronts .

Okay, fair enough. I seem to remember you mentioning it once or twice in the past...

Play on, then...
Last edited by Big Phil on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Phil
Coach

by Bounce of the ball » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Dont you know ? lol... According to you I am a Double Blues supporter.

Oh by the way ,I got a message from you but you deleted it.

Back to the game, where are Centrals falling down and how did Boyd and Wundke go ?

***** You deleted another post mate ??? ******

Move on boy.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

by Big Phil » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:58 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Back to the game, where are Centrals falling down and how did Boyd and Wundke go?

The Dogs were one key defender down, with new full back recruit Murray Stephenson currently out with a shoulder complaint...

James Boyd would have been apprehensive playing his old club and while he didn't play his best game, still had plenty of the ball, finishing with 21 disposals and 7 clearances. Was troubled in the second half with what looked to be a jarred knee. Would have been happy to get that game out of the way.

Michael Wundke kicked the 3 goals and on most occasions, showed too much upper boday strength for his direct opponent in second gamer Matt White. The former Rooster and Panther finished with just the 5 touches and 2 marks, to go with the 3 majors while White had 7 touches and a couple of impressive one on one wins against him.

With the goals kicked, you'd say the points go to Wundke, but White was named by Warren Partland amongst the Dogs best players in the Advertiser.
Big Phil
Coach

by Bounce of the ball » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:04 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Back to the game, where are Centrals falling down and how did Boyd and Wundke go?

The Dogs were one key defender down, with new full back recruit Murray Stephenson currently out with a shoulder complaint...

James Boyd would have been apprehensive playing his old club and while he didn't play his best game, still had plenty of the ball, finishing with 21 disposals and 7 clearances. Was troubled in the second half with what looked to be a jarred knee. Would have been happy to get that game out of the way.

Michael Wundke kicked the 3 goals and on most occasions, showed too much upper boday strength for his direct opponent in second gamer Matt White. The former Rooster and Panther finished with just the 5 touches and 2 marks, to go with the 3 majors while White had 7 touches and a couple of impressive one on one wins against him.

With the goals kicked, you'd say the points go to Wundke, but White was named by Warren Partland amongst the Dogs best players in the Advertiser.

For a second gamer thats a good effort. Wundke is a very good player.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

by Big Phil » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

For a second gamer thats a good effort. Wundke is a very good player.

Yes, absolutely, agreed...

It might be a big call, but White shows similar traits to a young Dustin Fletcher. More so physically, with the tall, gangly frame but like Fletcher, he is a very disciplined defender. He held Matthew Duldig to just 1 goal in the trial against Sturt and certainly had a better second half on Wundke...

Central have had some pretty good defenders in recent seasons and although he still has plenty to work on, as all young players do, Matt White has the potential to be a 10 year player for the Dogs on that last line of defence. Is a local Eastern Park lad as well and comes from a good family...
Big Phil
Coach

by whufc » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:18 pm

His dad is one of the best blokes you will ever meet!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5609 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

by Big Phil » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:38 pm

whufc wrote:His dad is one of the best blokes you will ever meet!!

Yep, Dad Phil is a top bloke and Mum Lynn is lovely as well. Real genuine people...
Big Phil
Coach

by wild dog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:15 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:It's a pity a report highlighted your passion though. They are an interesting supporter base that lot.

Why is it a pity?
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

by CedeNullis » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:09 pm

kickinit wrote:grocke is pretty stupid, should of turned his head towards the ball would of not even got sighted if he did. 2 games max

kickinit, please stop embarrassing yourself. Have a week off.
CedeNullis
Under 16s

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 11 times

by CUTTERMAN » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:32 am

Would be interested in Doggies supporters' thoughts of how Tim McIntyre went in his first game, I noted he had 14 disposals and kicked 0.2. Did he play mainly as a midfielder as suggested when he was drafted?
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

by Big Phil » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:55 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:Would be interested in Doggies supporters' thoughts of how Tim McIntyre went in his first game, I noted he had 14 disposals and kicked 0.2. Did he play mainly as a midfielder as suggested when he was drafted?

Tim has had an injury interrupted pre-season and had only played a half of one trial, against his former club, in the lead up...

He looks very fit and has bulked up considerably but clearly lacked match fitness on Saturday...

He seems to have increased his agression levels as well and laid some very physically strong takles, one in particular on James Boyd...

I think he will take a few weeks to not only regain his match fitness but settle into the Dogs midfileld line up. I still think he'll be a good pick up...
Big Phil
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL