Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon 2014

Postby MW » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:58 am

Agree club got their wack, but players got off. Ignorance is not a defense. It has set a dangerous precent.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2617 times
Been liked: 1855 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:06 am

:lol:
Attachments
ojsimpson.jpg
ojsimpson.jpg (14.33 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:15 am

i reckon bombers used this one to get off

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:44 am

MW wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
MW wrote:I bet Ahmed Saad wished he'd played for Essendon...

Pretty sure Saad tested positive for a banned substance.

Put it in perspective

Saad banned for 18 months for having an energy drink on the only day of the week he was not allowed too
Essendon players systematically injecting substances for 2 years and getting off scott free because Essendon admin are so inept at keeping records they can't prove anything against them

You make it sound like the Essendon players were injecting themselves. They put their trust in their club, as any footballer does, and were severely let down. I know when i visit my GP I don't send off what I get prescribed for independent testing because I trust the doc. Comparing this situation to Saad or even the Collingwood boys is apples and oranges. Not one single positive test from an Essendon footballer. Any level minded person realises that the victims here are the players.

Hopefully we can now concentrate on what promises to be an exciting Easter weekend of footy.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1217 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:15 am

I never compared it to Collingwood and had no intention to imply they injected themselves.
It's naive to suggest a player should put blind faith into the individual who is administering the injection.
MW
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:38 am

I took my 4 month old daughter to the doctor's last week for her second round of immunisations. I signed the form and accepted that what I was told was being administered to my daughter was in fact true. I don't think that is blind faith.
PatowalongaPirate

Postby MW » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:46 am

Your daughter is not going to be suspended from her job for 2 years if there are substances in the injection that would break ASADA and WADA codes.
It's silly to compare them.
MW
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:00 am

MW wrote:I never compared it to Collingwood and had no intention to imply they injected themselves.
It's naive to suggest a player should put blind faith into the individual who is administering the injection.

I guess you just have to put your faith in the club medics and hope they are not snakes like Dank.
I heard Jono Brown on radio only a couple of days ago say that in several games he would be given up to 8 jabs just to be able to take the field and then would receive more at half time, said he never once asked what was in the injections but the club doctor assured him all was above board.
Would think that the AFL needs to tighten up their system so that rogues cant enter the system, maybe the AFL should hire or appoint the medical staff to clubs or atleast run the rule over them before allowing a club to employ them.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby HH3 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:00 am

And immunisations are a bit different to what happened at Essendon.

How many injections does the average 20-30 year old male get. If I got any in that bracket, I would make sure I knew what it was. Most guys that age dont NEED injections. So obviously it is something extra to boost your bodies performance.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:10 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:I took my 4 month old daughter to the doctor's last week for her second round of immunisations. I signed the form and accepted that what I was told was being administered to my daughter was in fact true. I don't think that is blind faith.

FFS Pirate, just put the Essendon logo on your profile & be done with it already!
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5495 times
Been liked: 5137 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:15 am

I am not talking about suspensions, rather the trust we place in our doctors. I would be more worried about there being something in the injection that I didn't know about.
PatowalongaPirate

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:44 pm

Dank charged on 10 counts, mainly for supply and trafficking to staff at Essendon, Gold Coast and Carlton.
All charges relating to TB4 and players dismissed

Full statement from AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal Chairman
April 17, 2015 5:22 PM

Newsletter
RSS
The Tribunal today provided to the parties its decision, which was unanimous, and reasons for the decision with respect to alleged violations of the AFL Anti-Doping Code by a former support person at the Essendon and Gold Coast Football Clubs.

The decision is as follows (the numbers refer to the infraction notice issued to the former support person on 14 November 2014):

2(A) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code by administering a substance prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely Thymosin Beta 4, to various Essendon Football Club athletes (Players) between about January 2012 and September 2012.

2(B) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code by attempting to administer a substance prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely Thymosin Beta 4, to various Essendon Football Club Players between about January 2012 and September 2012.

2(C) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code by assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up and/or other type of complicity in connection with administration and/or attempted administration of a substance prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely Thymosin Beta 4, to various Essendon Football Club Players between about January 2012 and September 2012.

3(A) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code by administering a substance prohibited both in and out-of- competition, namely Hexarelin, to various Essendon Football Club Players between about January 2012 and September 2012.

3(B) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code by attempting to administer a substance prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely Hexarelin, to various Essendon Football Club Players between about January 2012 and September 2012.
3(C) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code by assisting, encouraging aiding, abetting, covering up and/or other type of complicity in connection with administration and/or attempted administration of a substance prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely Hexarelin, to various Essendon Football Club Players between about January 2012 and September 2012

4(A) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.6 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code by actually possessing, at various times between about January 2012 and September 2012, one or more substances prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely Thymosin Beta 4 and/or Hexarelin, in connection with athletes (players) competition and/or training at Essendon Football Club.

4(B) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.6 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code by constructively possessing, at various times between about January 2012 and September 2012, of one or more substances prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely Thymosin Beta 4 and/or Hexarelin, in connection with Players competition and/or training at Essendon Football Club.

4(C) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.6 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code by possessing by purchase, at various times between about January 2012 and September 2012, one or more substances prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely Thymosin Beta 4 and/or Hexarelin, in connection with Players competition and/or training at Essendon Football Club.

4(D) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code by assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up and/or other type of complicity in connection with the actual possession, constructive possession and/or possession by purchase at various times between about January 2012 and September 2012, of one or more substances prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely Thymosin Beta 4 and/or Hexarelin, in connection with Players competition and/or training at Essendon Football Club.

5(A) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.6 of the AFL Code by actually possessing, on or about 24 April 2012 and/or

14 June 2012, a substance prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM), in connection with Players, competition and training at Essendon Football Club.

5(B) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.6 of the AFL Code by constructively possessing, on or about 24 April 2012 and/or 14 June 2012, a substance prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely a SARM, in connection with athletes, competition and training at Essendon Football Club.

5(C) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.6 of the AFL Code by possessing by purchase, on or about 24 April 2012 and/or 14 June 2012, a substance prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely a SARM, in connection with Players, competition and training at Essendon Football Club.

5(D) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Code by assisting, encouraging, aiding and abetting, covering up and/or other type of complicity in connection with the actual possession, constructive possession and/or possession by purchase on or about 24 April 2012 and/or 14 June 2012, of a substance prohibited both in and out-of-competition, namely a SARM, in connection with Players competition and training at Essendon Football Club

6(A) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by trafficking in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties, namely Essendon and athletes of the club a prohibited substance, namely Thymosin Beta 4, in injectable form, between about January 2012 and September 2012

6(B) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by attempting to traffick in, by selling, giving transporting, sending, delivery and/or distributing to a third party or parties, namely Essendon and athletes of the club a prohibited substance namely Thymosin Beta 4, in injectable form, between about January 2012 and September 2012

6(C) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Code by assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up and/or other type of complicity in connection with the trafficking in or attempted trafficking in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties, namely the Essendon Football Club and athletes of the club a prohibited substance, namely Thymosin Beta 4, in injectable form, between about January 2012 and September 2012

7(A) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by trafficking in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties, namely the Essendon Football Club and athletes and support persons of the club a prohibited substance, namely Hexarelin, between about January 2012 and September 2012.

7(B) The Tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by attempting to traffick in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties, namely support persons of the club, a prohibited substance, namely Hexarelin, between about January 2012 and September 2012.

7(C) The Tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Code by assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up and/or other type of complicity in connection with trafficking in or attempted trafficking in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing, to a third party or parties, namely the Essendon Football Club, a prohibited substance, namely Hexarelin, between about January 2012 and September 2012.

8(A) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by trafficking in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties, namely the Essendon Football Club and athletes, prohibited substances in a product known as Humanofort, namely Insulin Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1), Insulin Growth Factor 2 (IGF-2), Mechano Growth Factor (MGF), Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF), Follistatin and Thymosin Beta 4, between about January 2012 and September 2012.

8(B) The Tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by attempting to traffick in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties, namely the Essendon Football Club and athletes of the club, prohibited substances in a product known as Humanofort, namely Insulin Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1), Insulin Growth Factor 2 (IGF-2), Mechano Growth Factor (MGF), Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF), Follistatin and Thymosin Beta 4, between about January 2012 and September 2012.

8(C) The Tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up and/or other type of complicity in connection with attempted trafficking in, by selling, giving transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties, namely the Essendon Football Club and athletes of the club, prohibited substances in a product known as Humanofort, namely Insulin Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1), Insulin Growth Factor 2 (IGF-2), Mechano Growth Factor (MGF), Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF), Follistatin and Thymosin Beta 4, between about January 2012 and September 2012.

9(A) The Tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by trafficking in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing, to a Carlton Football Club support person, one or more prohibited substances, namely MGF, between about March 2012 and October 2012.

10(A) The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by trafficking in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties, namely the Gold Coast Suns Football Club and support persons of the club, a prohibited substance, namely CJC-1295, in December 2010.

10(B) The Tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by attempting to traffick in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties, namely the Gold Coast Suns Football Club and support persons of the club, a prohibited substance, namely CJC-1295, in December 2010.

10(C) The Tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Code by assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up and/or other type of complicity in connection with trafficking in or attempted trafficking in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties, namely the Gold Coast Suns Football Club and support persons of the club, in a prohibited substance, namely CJC-1295, in December 2010.

11 The Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Code by assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up and/or other type of complicity in connection with the use or attempted use of a prohibited substance, namely CJC-1295, by a player at the Gold Coast Suns Football Club, in December 2010.

12(A) The Tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by trafficking in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties in the sport of baseball, one of more prohibited substances, namely GHRP6, between February 2012 and March 2012.

12(C) The Tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.8 of the AFL Code by assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up and/or other type of complicity in connection with trafficking in or attempted trafficking in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing to a third party or parties in the sport of baseball, one or more prohibited substances, namely Hexarelin, SARMS, CJC-1295 and GHRP6 between February 2012 and March 2012.

13(A) The Tribunal is comfortably satisfied that the former support person violated clause 11.7 of the AFL Code by trafficking in, by selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering and/or distributing, to a third party or parties who were customers of the Medical Rejuvenation Clinic, a prohibited substance of substances, including namely GHRP6 and Mechano Growth Factor, between November 2011 and September 2012.

The Tribunal will reconvene at a date to be advised to hear and determine questions of the imposition of the appropriate penalty on the support person.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Psyber » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:55 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:I took my 4 month old daughter to the doctor's last week for her second round of immunisations. I signed the form and accepted that what I was told was being administered to my daughter was in fact true. I don't think that is blind faith.

MW wrote:I never compared it to Collingwood and had no intention to imply they injected themselves.

PatowalongaPirate wrote:I am not talking about suspensions, rather the trust we place in our doctors. I would be more worried about there being something in the injection that I didn't know about.

Every sports person, professional or amateur, I ever prescribed medication to had their own list of what was OK, and what wasn't, with them, and checked whether what I was suggested was related to those on their list.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 391 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Psyber wrote:

PatowalongaPirate wrote:I am not talking about suspensions, rather the trust we place in our doctors. I would be more worried about there being something in the injection that I didn't know about.

Every sports person, professional or amateur, I ever prescribed medication to had their own list of what was OK, and what wasn't, with them, and checked whether what I was suggested was related to those on their list.

I wouldn't have thought amateur footballers would have had a list of what was a banned performance enhancing drug. I know when I was playing I just took what my doctor prescribed.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Psyber » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:11 pm

cracka wrote: I wouldn't have thought amateur footballers would have had a list of what was a banned performance enhancing drug. I know when I was playing I just took what my doctor prescribed.

I agree.
None of the amateurs were footballers - most were individual sport rather than team game players - golf, tennis, athletics, swimming types.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 391 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:25 am

ASADA not appealing however they have sent all files to WADA who will now have 21 days to decide if they will come over the top
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:30 am

Ahh yes, the drug saga. I, along with many,many others gave up giving a shit long,long ago.

Bomber Thompson.....ripping off the sash! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7501 times
Been liked: 10795 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:40 am

Bomber has been on afl 360 quite a few times this year.

Does anyone else think he looks stoned the whole time?

He is on open mike tonight, should be very interesting
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:57 am

bennymacca wrote:Bomber has been on afl 360 quite a few times this year.

Does anyone else think he looks stoned the whole time?

He is on open mike tonight, should be very interesting

I think he just looks tired to be honest.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:22 pm

He looks quite awkward tbh. Maybe he is just anxious they are going to ask him too many questions about the Essendon stuff but he is all fidgety and doesn't really talk with the confidence you would expect from someone with his experience.

Contrast that with Jono brown who is the best thing that has happened to footy commentating in years.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL