Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Re: Your 2014 predictions

Postby DOC » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:04 pm

Port (should not lose a game and win most by 100 points plus)
Eagles
North
Norwood
Centrals
Adelaide
South
West
Glenelg
Sturt
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 2091 times

Postby sjt » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Wwt
Port power reserves
West
Norwood
North

Centrals
South
Glenelg
$&&@( crows
Sturt

Boyd for the Magarey in a canter ( not counting afl players)
Wundke Ken Farmer

Ports spot in the five to cost centrals and or others, tens of thousands in lost finals revenue.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby leggies » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Eagles
Port
North
South
Adelaide

Central
Glenelg
West
Norwood
Sturt

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
leggies
Under 16s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Power
Eagles
Norwood
West
Glenelg
North
Central
Crows
South
Sturt
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2052 times
Been liked: 3899 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby wild dog » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:10 pm

Power
Eagles
Norwood
North
West

Crows
Centrals
Glenelg
South
Sturt
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby bloods08 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:47 pm

Eagles
North
Port
Norwood
West

Central
Glenelg
South
Adelaide
Sturt

MM: Tuck
KF: Wundke
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Hazydog » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Eagles
Norwood
Centrals
Port
West
South
North
Crows
Sturt
Glenelg
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby bulldogproud2 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Port Power Reserves
daylight
more daylight
even more daylight

Eagles
North
Norwood
Adelaide Crows Reserves

Glenelg
Central
West
South
Sturt

I was surprised at the attitude of my brother-in-law (a mad keen Port Adelaide Magpies supporter since birth 57 years ago attending most matches) about the coming season. He does not plan on going to a single match this year, having lost total interest to, in his words 'it is not the Magpies anymore, it is not the true Port Adelaide. It is just an AFL Reserves side'.
I know it is what many of us may have thought, but I did not expect it coming from him. Are there a lot more Magpie supporters with his attitude?
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby JK » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:34 pm

bulldogproud2 wrote:Are there a lot more Magpie supporters with his attitude?

I know of a few, but some of these have already changed their tune, others are changing their tune, and just a couple have stuck to their guns.

If they're successful in the SANFL, the supporters will jump onboard I'm sure of it. Like all supporters, they crave success.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby kickinit » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:12 pm

bulldogproud2 wrote:Port Power Reserves
daylight
more daylight
even more daylight

Eagles
North
Norwood
Adelaide Crows Reserves

Glenelg
Central
West
South
Sturt

I was surprised at the attitude of my brother-in-law (a mad keen Port Adelaide Magpies supporter since birth 57 years ago attending most matches) about the coming season. He does not plan on going to a single match this year, having lost total interest to, in his words 'it is not the Magpies anymore, it is not the true Port Adelaide. It is just an AFL Reserves side'.
I know it is what many of us may have thought, but I did not expect it coming from him. Are there a lot more Magpie supporters with his attitude?

Only the ones that read the crap from people that want the magpies dead. Speaking to a very good family friend on the weekend that has played and been involved with port adelaide for many years, said that the club feels like the real PAFC then it ever has especially over the last 5-7 years. I'm sure those supporters will be back once the success comes.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby sjt » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:30 pm

kickinit wrote:
daylight
more daylight
even more daylight

Eagles
North
Norwood
Adelaide Crows Reserves

Glenelg
Central
West
South
Sturt

Only the ones that read the crap from people that want the magpies dead. Speaking to a very good family friend on the weekend that has played and been involved with port adelaide for many years, said that the club feels like the real PAFC then it ever has especially over the last 5-7 years. I'm sure those supporters will be back once the success comes.

Yep winning makes a difference. Probably not just those that read comments on here, but also comments made by your captain on Facebook (pre-cheque book and rule bending).
sjt
League - Best 21

Been liked: 59 times

Postby bulldogproud2 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:43 pm

kickinit wrote:
daylight
more daylight
even more daylight

Eagles
North
Norwood
Adelaide Crows Reserves

Glenelg
Central
West
South
Sturt

Your final comment does worry me. Are Port supporters only Port supporters when there is success?? I was hoping that there would have been more loyalty from the club that always touted itself as being above all others when it came to support. Is your friend also saying that it feels like the 'real' PAFC because there is almost certain success this year and that, without the success, it did not feel like Port?
As for wanting the Magpies dead, I would want the complete opposite. I would rather a thriving Magpies side but one without it being the Power Reserves, instead a club on the same level as all other SANFL clubs. I have a feeling that that is what many true Magpie supporters would also prefer, judging by what I am hearing.
Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby SimonH » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Normally I avoid these things 'cos I know that 80%+ of the time the prediction will turn out to be embarrassingly wrong, but the overconfident predictions about Port Adelaide winning the flag undefeated, thrashing most teams by 100+ points etc, have goaded me into action.

This is after the major round:
1. Eagles
2. North Adelaide
3. Norwood
4. Port Adelaide
5. West Adelaide

6. South Adelaide
7. Centrals
8. Adelaide
9. Glenelg
10. Sturt
SimonH
Under 18s

Been liked: 62 times

Postby kickinit » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 pm

bulldogproud2 wrote:Your final comment does worry me. Are Port supporters only Port supporters when there is success?? I was hoping that there would have been more loyalty from the club that always touted itself as being above all others when it came to support. Is your friend also saying that it feels like the 'real' PAFC because there is almost certain success this year and that, without the success, it did not feel like Port?
As for wanting the Magpies dead, I would want the complete opposite. I would rather a thriving Magpies side but one without it being the Power Reserves, instead a club on the same level as all other SANFL clubs. I have a feeling that that is what many true Magpie supporters would also prefer, judging by what I am hearing.
Cheers

The success doesn't play a factor at all. Over the past years there have been people involved in the club that have been there more for themselves then the club. The off field running of the club has been shocking. The recognition of past players was shocking, the recognition of volunteers was shocking. The real PAFC has a hell of a lot of pride and passion something we had lost. PAFC has changed, we are back to having people at the club with pride and passion about the club. Players getting to talk to past players and find out what the real PAFC is about. The dad's army being recognised for the work they done. The group of players (that did it off their own back) that take groups of volunteers out for a meal each week to say thanks. The higher ups out getting their hands dirty. The success we are now seeing is only coming from those things happening off field.

Yeh there was times where I felt like tearing up my membership because of the decision the club was making. But a true PAFC supporter sticks through it. Some people might say that they are only a magpies supporter or a power supporter. At the end of the day the magpies and the power are the PAFC. If PAFC never entered the AFL more then likely I wouldn't support a AFL team, which is purely because the club I support is the PAFC.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby wild dog » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Thanks to that true Port guy, Keith Thomas..... and the small loan from the sanfl.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby kickinit » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:35 pm

wild dog wrote:Thanks to that true Port guy, Keith Thomas..... and the small loan from the sanfl.

he might of played his football at norwood, but he'll tell you he's now a port guy and not a norwood guy.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:53 pm

kickinit wrote:
wild dog wrote:Thanks to that true Port guy, Keith Thomas..... and the small loan from the sanfl.

he might of played his football at norwood, but he'll tell you he's now a port guy and not a norwood guy.

Baa Baa
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL