Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:12 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Ted E Bear wrote:Jenkins or Johnson. Who should crows play and why?

Jenkins. Because you know he puts in more 2nd efforts than Johnson.

Johnston is a better player, Jenkins has to be in the side to give sauce a break
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Ted E Bear wrote:Jenkins or Johnson. Who should crows play and why?

I don't know who Johnson is.

But picking between Josh Jenkins and Lewis Johnston, I'd pick Jenkins easily.

Jenkins is a big lump who leads up well at the ball and can cover ground up to the wing, can ruck if required and his kicking is improving. He's desperate a ground level and can bust a pack open with the ball in the air.

Johnston is more out of the square one lead/one effort and that doesn't cut it at AFL level, he looks sluggish when turning and isn't great at ground level. Barrie Robran said he's the "best shot for goal I've ever seen", I don't doubt for one minute Barrie would take that comment back. He's no better than the next AFL mid/key forward.

Jenkins easily.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Ted E Bear » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Johnson is a poor mans Justin Weshoff
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Ted E Bear wrote:Johnson uses the ball a lot better and is more versatile

i would agree that he uses the ball much better, but certainly isnt more versatile, is too short to play ruck at AFL level, whereas jenkins can give sauce a chopout every now and then.

just goes to show that without our first choice forward line, we are a fair way off the pace. because going through the crows team, i can see almost all have played well at some point in time. just havent done it often enough.

another small positive for the crows, i liked hartigan and jeansch's games. backline looks ok.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby cracka » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Would like to see Johnston given a decent chance, he is where Walker was at 3-4 years ago. Maybe have them both in & drop Podsiadly.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lethal Dose » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:27 pm

you can't drop pods, was our best forward last week. johnson needs to work on his defensive side, just like tex had too a few years back. jenkins needs time, but really has to work on his kicking for goal, was poor on saturday. hopefully they begin to gel soon the entire side, and really give it to the sainters and get the season back on track.
Lethal Dose
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:you can't drop pods, was our best forward last week. johnson needs to work on his defensive side, just like tex had too a few years back. jenkins needs time, but really has to work on his kicking for goal, was poor on saturday. hopefully they begin to gel soon the entire side, and really give it to the sainters and get the season back on track.

like the look of jenkins still, just something about him that makes you wanna stick with him, but i agree, his kicking really lets himself and the crows down .
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:06 pm

Certainly looking a lot better today! Not as doom and gloom as everyone was suggesting
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Wait for the SA media to declare them flag favourites after beating a bottom 3 side now
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:20 pm

Lol jim you are possibly the grumpiest old dick ever. Of course st Kilda aren't flash but the crows still played well. And everyone thought it was a 50-50 game.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:28 pm

bennymacca wrote:Lol jim you are possibly the grumpiest old dick ever. Of course st Kilda aren't flash but the crows still played well. And everyone thought it was a 50-50 game.

Of course they played well and I dont know many who thought it was 50/50. I hate the pricks and thought it would be a 8 goal minimum win to you. I get pissed off at the biased media in this state who seem to think the Cows are the greatest team in the world and all their losses are due to injuries, bad luck or cheating Victorian umpires, not the fact their list is average apart from 1 or 2 guns
Jim05
Coach

Postby Fricky » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Lol jim you are possibly the grumpiest old dick ever. Of course st Kilda aren't flash but the crows still played well. And everyone thought it was a 50-50 game.

Of course they played well and I dont know many who thought it was 50/50. I hate the pricks and thought it would be a 8 goal minimum win to you. I get pissed off at the biased media in this state who seem to think the Cows are the greatest team in the world and all their losses are due to injuries, bad luck or cheating Victorian umpires, not the fact their list is average apart from 1 or 2 guns

I've heard the Tiser is run by a one eyed crows fan, who hates port, and the articles reflect this. Im not a fan of the media in this state. The Age is a better read.

On to the game - I'm one who thought it was a 50\50 game. Crows have had small patches of good footy and a lot more patches of pathetic footy, while the saints have looked like a much more improved side. Good to see the lads play 4 quaters and actually dispose of the ball well. Hopefully this form can flow into the next few round's
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby carey » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Suri wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

I've heard the Tiser is run by a one eyed crows fan, who hates port, and the articles reflect this. Im not a fan of the media in this state. The Age is a better read.

On to the game - I'm one who thought it was a 50\50 game. Crows have had small patches of good footy and a lot more patches of pathetic footy, while the saints have looked like a much more improved side. Good to see the lads play 4 quaters and actually dispose of the ball well. Hopefully this form can flow into the next few round's

That makes a lot of sense if true regarding the advertiser.

Look the crows were in all 3 of there losses being Geelong @ Geelong, Port in an Showdown and Sydney, the past 10 years tells you that all 3 of them games are very tough and as I said in all the matches your mob were in front or very close to it in the later stages of each of the third terms I really don't think your form has been that bad and with a good draw for the next month who knows reassess at the break.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby westcoastpanther » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Jim05 wrote:

I tipped the Saints
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby bennymacca » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Don't really agree with crows bias in the tiser - their chief football writer is a huge port man.

Contrary to what idiots like jim think I haven't seen anyone rate the crows that highly. Bottom half of the eight if we play well has always been the best case scenario

Jenkins played really well today, forward line looked much better with him giving a contest and betts and pods also looked dangerous
bennymacca
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Didnt mean to like that, wrong click
I thinking you're getting confused with everyone hoping the Crows would lose rather than people thinking it was 50/50.
So yeah well done, you beat the team that was everyone's favourite for the spoon :roll:
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby carey » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:47 pm

bennymacca wrote:Don't really agree with crows bias in the tiser - their chief football writer is a huge port man.

Contrary to what idiots like jim think I haven't seen anyone rate the crows that highly. Bottom half of the eight if we play well has always been the best case scenario

Jenkins played really well today, forward line looked much better with him giving a contest and betts and pods also looked dangerous

No way is the tiser sports section run by a port man. I would say regardless of the weekend results it would be an 80/20 split the crows way every week.
carey
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:02 pm

bennymacca wrote:Don't really agree with crows bias in the tiser - their chief football writer is a huge port man.

Most people had the Cows in the top 8 at start of season, with their list they are a 9-12th placed side at best.
Makes me laugh when the idiots on 5aa still think their list is better than Port's
Jim05
Coach

Postby carey » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:04 pm

I use to love 5AA BUT bone and Rowey are absolute one eyed f**k wits
carey
Coach

Postby cracka » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Most people had the Cows in the top 8 at start of season, with their list they are a 9-12th placed side at best.
Makes me laugh when the idiots on 5aa still think their list is better than Port's

Wrong, most had them outside the 8 going by the predictions thread on here.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL